Home

Player Lock Association Users Thread

This is a discussion on Player Lock Association Users Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 01-07-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Player Lock Association Users Thread

I'm not a big fan of the My Player mode in the game. I was looking forward to it way before I got 2K11 but I find its not realistic in terms of action on the court. I'm basically just saying its not for me. What I am enjoying this year is Player Lock, absolutely loving it infact. I know their must be other players on here who play their games in a similar way to me so I thought we could discuss it all in here. At the moment I am between saves so I am undecided on who to control in my next Association but I'm tempted to run with a PG as I played SF with Trevor Ariza last time out and want a change.
- How I play: First of all I decide on my player and so I start up an Association with the team that the player is on, I then switch all the Association tasks like trades, player roles, project scouting to CPU controlled so I just focus on my player. If I get traded then I simply switch to the new team my selected player gets landed with. I love playing 2K11 this way and have not gone back to controlling all 5 players since, just the ability to use realistic sliders makes it so much more fun to play. Hopefully some other Player Lock users can drop by and discuss their games.

Last edited by Simba; 01-07-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Player Lock Association Users Thread

I only play using player lock because I don't think controlling all five players is realistic.

In my association I'm controlling PG Jason Williams for the Clippers. I lowered his age to 21 so he doesn't retire but all of his other ratings are basically the same. I did change his passing rating to 99 and his flashy passes tendency to 100 so I could recreate his sic real life passes. Also changed his signature shot to crossed arms, seems to be more realistic than his original signature quick release.

What difficulty are you playing on, pro, all star? Because when I play on all star my teammates seemed to be dumbed down. They miss a lot of open shots I've setup for them. On pro they make a fair number of shots. All of my shooting sliders are set at 50 on pro and my teammates are fairly good shooters. But if I play on all star they turn into a bunch of nerfed players. A ton of bricks. And on superstar or hall of fame they never make anything. The game is unplayable using player lock on superstar or hall of fame.

List your difficulty and sliders you're using.

Oh and just for fun, I play sim all of the time but just once I scored 149 points with Jason Williams, hit 52 field goals and made 43 or 44 three pointers. Can anyone out cheese me using Jason Williams, 12 minute quarters, pro, shooting sliders set all on 50. It was a fun challenge to see how much I could destroy the cpu by, just once. LOL

His shooting ratings were 82 inside, 75 close, 75 medium, 80 three point, shoot off dribble, 82, shoot in traffic 70, layup 85, dunk 32.

Last edited by sky454; 01-08-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:32 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 12

I created myself and put me on the Jazz. I just won the MVP and we took the top seed. We started off kind of bad, but picked it up in the end, winning like 7 straight. My problem right now is that I'm shooting too good. I've lowered my shooting to under 70 and I'm still making like 80% of open shots. I don't know. I just can't get it fair feeling. Guess I'll have to drop to 60 shooting.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:27 AM   #4
Rookie

@simba :

can u explain me why player lock is more enjoyable than my player ?.. i never tried and dont really see a difference between both modes when i read ur description of it : /

@sky :

why controlling 5 players isn't realistic but playing with young jwill in current nba is? : /

serious questions, no irony

thx
Old 01-08-2011, 05:41 AM   #5
Rookie

Playing the way I do with Player Lock is much more realistic than My Player mode ON the court. This is due to me being able to use my custom sliders which slows down the game slightly, lowers unrealistic amounts and styles of dunks that you don't see in games 10 times a quarter and more realistic shot tendencies from my CPU opponents. I play on pro difficulty with a set of sliders I found on this site which has made my game perfect to play for me... I can't think of the guys username off the top of my head but ill head over to the sliders section and find the set I use. Overall I've found My Player mode to be full of frustrating moments on the court and that's where it counts for me, its all good having the press conferences and the endorsements but that doesn't make the mode enjoyable for me. That's why I will continue to use Player Lock. There is other aspects like trades, contracts that I find more realistic too... How many rookies do you see being traded after 5 NBA games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2011, 07:35 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABA QontrolZ
@simba :

can u explain me why player lock is more enjoyable than my player ?.. i never tried and dont really see a difference between both modes when i read ur description of it : /

@sky :

why controlling 5 players isn't realistic but playing with young jwill in current nba is? : /

serious questions, no irony

thx
I play nba 2k to give me the illusion I am playing as J. Will or jordan, etc. That's why a lot of people like my player mode. Although I don't play my player, I prefer association. Anyways it's difficult for me to forget I am playing a video game if I'm controlling five players. I mean am I supposed to imagine I am five people? Not an insult just trying to make a point. That's the whole point of playing nba 2k11 to imagine you are jordan making that last second shot or jason williams making the sickest passes ever, kobe taking over a game etc. I certainly don't play nba 2k11 to imagine I am some scrub benchwarmer.

I'm not interested in putting myself in the shoes of five players. It's much easier to lose and immerse yourself in the game if you are one person, one player, just as you are one person/player on a real life team.

I made jason williams age 21 because the game isn't fun playing as any other point guard. Otherwise he would have retired after a year or two in association mode. Not exactly realistic to change his age but there is no other point guard I want to play as. His age was lowered but his ratings are realistic.

Last edited by sky454; 01-14-2011 at 04:35 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Thanks for your input Sky, good luck with the Clippers. Just had a one off game with LeBron James. Tempted to do a Heat Association with him now but it will be too easy. Dropped 42 Points, 9 Assists and 13 Rebounds.

Last edited by Simba; 01-09-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #8
Rookie

[quote=ABA QontrolZ;2042011407]@simba :

can u explain me why player lock is more enjoyable than my player ?.. i never tried and dont really see a difference between both modes when i read ur description of it :

My Player mode is very cool but it lacks the customizable options that Player lock provides. If I wanted to play as Magic Johnson or use my favorite player and recreate his career like the Jordan mode, I can only do that in association with player lock. I can't change uniforms, control trades, edit rosters or taylor the game to my liking.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »