Home

Rate Fantasy Drafts Thread

This is a discussion on Rate Fantasy Drafts Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 10
Rate Fantasy Drafts Thread

Post any fantasy teams you would like others to rate. Got tired of seeing all these individual "rate my team threads".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Rate Fantasy Drafts Thread

Started this one and only play it with my brother, we're the Spurs. Made like 3 or 4 trades to get this team right, but here it is now.

PG: Steve Nash
SG: Mike Miller
SF: LeBron James
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Dwight Howard

Bench:

PG: Goran Dragic
SG: Thabo Sefolosha
SG: J.J. Reddick
C: Brendan Haywood
C: Erick Dampier

I forget the other 2 guys I have on my team, but they're scrubs that I barely ever play anyways. The team is 13-1 right now and is working great.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Low End Theory's Arena

OVR: 1

Man, I don't know how you got Lebron, Nash and Dwight on the same team (not to mention KG). Are you sure you started a fantasy draft?? haha anyways, you should be ashamed for even losing one game

Anyways, here's my team:
Nash (took me about half the season to learn to really use him, but now he's deadly off a pick or any tiny opening for his jumper)
Ginobili (I still haven't been able to find a real good way to use him offensively. I keep him around for his D and rebounding. Anyone have any ideas for how to get him going offensively??)
Ariza (Decent defender, good rebounder, great athleticism, weakness is his jumper)
Scola
Marc Gasol (Basically any team that wants to start some scrub defender at PF or C is gonna get posted up consistently by Gasol or Scola)

Bench:
Dalembert (solid D, great rebounding, but horrible offense)
J. Jack (I traded for him midseason, I really like the change of pace he gives me compared to Nash)
Balkman (love this guy... great defender, good rebounder and good athleticism. Can even hit a nice mid range J if u get him going, and more importantly can defend a lot of PF's)
Afflalo (good D, cant get his 3pointer to go down though for some reason)
Frye (Don't use him much when my other bigs are healthy, but he gives some nice 3pt shooting and blocking ability)
Bobby Simmons
Quinton Ross
Greivis Vasquez
(in D league... hopefully can come up to play backup PG in a year or 2)

So my team is 14-13 with 2 games left in a 29 game season, all star difficulty, 12 min quarters. I've played every game so far this season and its been crazy fun. Had to dig myself out of a hole early in the season as I was learning how to use the team effectively. Now I'm right on the cusp of making the playoffs with 2 games left. This is definitely drafted to be a win-now team, so waiting for next year to make the playoffs is unacceptable.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
Rookie

Just made this one:

PG Mo Williams- Splits time w/ Joe Johnson handling the ball. Good shooter and can be counted on for 15+ points a game.
SG Joe Johnson- Part time point guard, and I really like playing w/ him.
SF Mickael Pietrus- He's in the starting line-up for defense, splits time w/ Damion James.
PF Pau Gasol- Great post player, and can pass surprisingly well.
C Marcus Camby/Javale Mcgee- Split time almost evenly. McGee is for the future, and Camby can rebound and play defense.

Bench:
Thabo Sefalosha- Another solid perimeter defender
JJ Barea- Solid backup PG
Zydrunas Ilgauskas- Nice change of pace from McGee/Camby
Damion James
Udonis Haslem
And I forgot the other people.

How do you think this team will do?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:59 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Man i cannot shoot with Curry

Curry
Afflalo
Lebron
Love
Stoudemire
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoxsole
Man i cannot shoot with Curry

Curry
Afflalo
Lebron
Love
Stoudemire
Damn! That's a good team! You might want to get a real center, but the team's good enough that it doesn't really matter.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #7
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low End Theory
Man, I don't know how you got Lebron, Nash and Dwight on the same team (not to mention KG). Are you sure you started a fantasy draft?? haha anyways, you should be ashamed for even losing one game

Anyways, here's my team:
Nash (took me about half the season to learn to really use him, but now he's deadly off a pick or any tiny opening for his jumper)
Ginobili (I still haven't been able to find a real good way to use him offensively. I keep him around for his D and rebounding. Anyone have any ideas for how to get him going offensively??)
Ariza (Decent defender, good rebounder, great athleticism, weakness is his jumper)
Scola
Marc Gasol (Basically any team that wants to start some scrub defender at PF or C is gonna get posted up consistently by Gasol or Scola)

Bench:
Dalembert (solid D, great rebounding, but horrible offense)
J. Jack (I traded for him midseason, I really like the change of pace he gives me compared to Nash)
Balkman (love this guy... great defender, good rebounder and good athleticism. Can even hit a nice mid range J if u get him going, and more importantly can defend a lot of PF's)
Afflalo (good D, cant get his 3pointer to go down though for some reason)
Frye (Don't use him much when my other bigs are healthy, but he gives some nice 3pt shooting and blocking ability)
Bobby Simmons
Quinton Ross
Greivis Vasquez
(in D league... hopefully can come up to play backup PG in a year or 2)

So my team is 14-13 with 2 games left in a 29 game season, all star difficulty, 12 min quarters. I've played every game so far this season and its been crazy fun. Had to dig myself out of a hole early in the season as I was learning how to use the team effectively. Now I'm right on the cusp of making the playoffs with 2 games left. This is definitely drafted to be a win-now team, so waiting for next year to make the playoffs is unacceptable.

start Afflalo at the 2, work on your timing with his jumpshot, Ginobili and Nash don't exactly complement each other well at least in my opinion because ginobili is at his best either in iso's or pick n roll's, anyways if you use Manu as your 6th man he can play the 1, 2, or 3 really, your pick and roll game with nash/manu and scola should be DEADLY, with afflalo shooting 3's when the defense collapses
Old 01-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #8
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf14
Just made this one:

PG Mo Williams- Splits time w/ Joe Johnson handling the ball. Good shooter and can be counted on for 15+ points a game.
SG Joe Johnson- Part time point guard, and I really like playing w/ him.
SF Mickael Pietrus- He's in the starting line-up for defense, splits time w/ Damion James.
PF Pau Gasol- Great post player, and can pass surprisingly well.
C Marcus Camby/Javale Mcgee- Split time almost evenly. McGee is for the future, and Camby can rebound and play defense.

Bench:
Thabo Sefalosha- Another solid perimeter defender
JJ Barea- Solid backup PG
Zydrunas Ilgauskas- Nice change of pace from McGee/Camby
Damion James
Udonis Haslem
And I forgot the other people.

How do you think this team will do?
i like it... you've got good shooters at all perimeter positions, a very good perimeter playmaker and a very good post playmaker, as well as a very good inside defender and very good perimeter defender... got some real solid guys coming off the bench, i like this team

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »