Home

Old 01-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5
D league.

can someone explain this to me a little. i know its the developmental league where you send players down to get there skills up some. my question is mainly about calling guys up. can you call anyone up and can a team take your guy. are they drafted at end of year and basically just wanna know how they go back and forth from pros to d league. thanks and sorry if this is dumb question. i am a football nut and would like my nba knowledge to get to that level. would hate to send my guy down there and him get scooped up by someone else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #2
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: D league.

I'm not positive, but in my association, I put Devin Ebanks down on the D-League team and after the playoffs started, he was automatically pulled back up to my NBA team.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 01-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Good question.

I have 2 rookies that im not giving time to. I was wondering if I cant send him down for a couple of weeks. And will I see a difference in rating if they are "developing"?
Old 01-02-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
Pro

To answer part of your question, it's different than NFL practice squads. These teams actually play games and each D-League team is affiliated with multiple NBA teams. Unlike practice squads, other NBA teams cannot take players that are under contract with your NBA team.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:19 PM   #5
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

so if i dont send anyone down there, then i have no need to worry about it? sorry, just not familiar with the way it works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2011, 04:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime21time37
so if i dont send anyone down there, then i have no need to worry about it? sorry, just not familiar with the way it works.
Yeah your guy you put in the d-league will be fine he wont be picked up by anyone else. As far as ratings go two weeks wont make a difference but a few months might change a stat or two for the better and a couple years will do even better.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

in real life, nba teams send younger players to the d-league, usually becuz the players arent getting the minutes in actual games that they need to develop. when a player is "assigned" they are still under contract, so NO other nba team can take them from you, however, nba teams do not OWN their affiliate. So, any player who isnt on "assignment" is fair game to any nba team for whats called a "call-up" in 2k call-ups work just like free agency, you sign a player to a contract and he becomes available to your team. in most cases you will not see a significant difference in ratings becuz you sent a player to the d-league, at least, i know in 2k10 that never happened, im not sure why becuz thats what the d-league is for but ive never seen anyone get better from it "in game"

hope that helps!
Old 01-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #8
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruRimRocka21
in real life, nba teams send younger players to the d-league, usually becuz the players arent getting the minutes in actual games that they need to develop. when a player is "assigned" they are still under contract, so NO other nba team can take them from you, however, nba teams do not OWN their affiliate. So, any player who isnt on "assignment" is fair game to any nba team for whats called a "call-up" in 2k call-ups work just like free agency, you sign a player to a contract and he becomes available to your team. in most cases you will not see a significant difference in ratings becuz you sent a player to the d-league, at least, i know in 2k10 that never happened, im not sure why becuz thats what the d-league is for but ive never seen anyone get better from it "in game"

hope that helps!

that helps alot. thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »