Home

new to PES

This is a discussion on new to PES within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-29-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
Question new to PES

I just purchased PES 2011 and this marks as my first time ever playing this title. I started getting into futbol with FIFA 10, more with FIFA WC and am currently in a FIFA 11 online league and highly addicted. However, much of my time with FIFA is dedicated to playing offline (Live Season and Tournaments). I have grown frustrated with offline for various reasons, but this isn't the place for that.

In reading some reviews I was happy to see others comparisons with this game. And ss I am looking to get deeper into offline with futbol, I find it really appealing PES has the license to play in both a Champions and Europa League.

I am curious what others can share with me about PES. What can I expect with taking on a new futbol title after playing FIFA for this long.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Randiesel75
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: new to PES

I think it's a much more tactical and realistic game overall. Not perfect but better overall in general. I absolutely love how you can string together some triangle passing near the box and not get absurd defensive pressure on you. That being said, you still have to break down the defense and get an open look.

Also love the randomness of goals and how each game plays out. Master league and Become a Legend are much deeper than fifa's career mode. I'm currently hooked on the become a legend mode. Love how all the competitions and international call ups are worked into the mode. Very well done.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #3
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
I think it's a much more tactical and realistic game overall. Not perfect but better overall in general. I absolutely love how you can string together some triangle passing near the box and not get absurd defensive pressure on you. That being said, you still have to break down the defense and get an open look.

Also love the randomness of goals and how each game plays out. Master league and Become a Legend are much deeper than fifa's career mode. I'm currently hooked on the become a legend mode. Love how all the competitions and international call ups are worked into the mode. Very well done.
Excellent, this is the kind of detail I am looking for. Appeciate it.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

The thing I love about PES is the player individuality as you can really tell the stars from the scrubs. Like others have said the randomness is also a key as every game you play feels different. Playing defense is also alot more fun as their is less help and you have to time your tackles and take the proper angles. Basically the on field play feels more authentic.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #5
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

A few questions as I too am new to PES. How do we know when a player is fatigued? When I'm setting my lineup/strategy there is a screen that looks like a field and shows my starters and my bench. Some of them have white dots, some black dots and one has two yellow stripes, what does this mean?

Also, some players have two arrows pointing opposite directions, no idea what that means.

Lastly, on that same screen if I hit RB twice, it shows me two bars under each player. What do these mean?

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
A few questions as I too am new to PES. How do we know when a player is fatigued? When I'm setting my lineup/strategy there is a screen that looks like a field and shows my starters and my bench. Some of them have white dots, some black dots and one has two yellow stripes, what does this mean?

Also, some players have two arrows pointing opposite directions, no idea what that means.

Lastly, on that same screen if I hit RB twice, it shows me two bars under each player. What do these mean?
The yellow strip is the captain of your team, arrows pointing in the different directions is the conditon of the player, up is excellent & down is terrible and can affect the players performance. The green bar below each player is his fatigue with green being good and red being tired when it drops during play. The different arrows also has an affect on how quickly a player will tire during a match. The colored dots are all the players eligible to play in the match with the dark black dots being reserve players who can't play once a match begins. Also when you get an injury during a match a yellow plus sign will appear where the colored arrow is. Hope that helps.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #7
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

Wow, what a breath of fresh air in playing PES. Granted, I am only a few hours into my first time playing PES, but right off the bat the mere fact there is open play and not CPU aggression coming right at you makes this game feel more SIM. This could also be that I am playing on beginner and -2 speed. I figured these were the best settings to learn, with a slowed pace.

Thanks for everyone who added input above, greatly appreciated.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #8
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randiesel75
Wow, what a breath of fresh air in playing PES. Granted, I am only a few hours into my first time playing PES, but right off the bat the mere fact there is open play and not CPU aggression coming right at you makes this game feel more SIM. This could also be that I am playing on beginner and -2 speed. I figured these were the best settings to learn, with a slowed pace.

Thanks for everyone who added input above, greatly appreciated.
you'll be glad to know that even on higher difficulty levels, you'll be able to string a few passes together in the midfield so you can gather your thoughts and plan your attack without having defenders totally charging you.

You'll also be able to feel when your opponents have switched tactics. If they are parking the bus, you'll know it. If they are trying to score, you'll feel the onslaught. Good luck and hope you enjoy

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »