Home

How come players like MELO declined to resign and end up stayin the team at the end?

This is a discussion on How come players like MELO declined to resign and end up stayin the team at the end? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-27-2010, 11:13 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
How come players like MELO declined to resign and end up stayin the team at the end?

I don't get it, when it says they declined, it means they don't want to resign and be on the FA list, but when I go to the FA list, they are gone, MELO declined everytime I sim the first year, but he ends up with the Nuggests at the end, is there something I can do that makes him go on the FA and then sign up with my team?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2010, 11:16 PM   #2
Rookie

THE POLISH HAMMER's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How come players like MELO declined to resign and end up stayin the team at the e

Interesting. He probably wants a long-term deal with Denver, so he declines his one year player option and signs a long-term deal.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:19 PM   #3
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: How come players like MELO declined to resign and end up stayin the team at the e

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE POLISH HAMMER
Interesting. He probably wants a long-term deal with Denver, so he declines his one year player option and signs a long-term deal.
This is why.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 12-27-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE POLISH HAMMER
Oh so is a negotation between the two of them, but is it possible for a third party like my team to get involved right after he declined the deal so he can see my offer too?
Old 12-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #5
Rookie

THE POLISH HAMMER's Arena

OVR: 0

Just go make an offer to him on day 1 of free agency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2010, 11:48 PM   #6
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Oh so is a negotation between the two of them, but is it possible for a third party like my team to get involved right after he declined the deal so he can see my offer too?
Denver has the first chance to resign him.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 12-27-2010, 11:52 PM   #7
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
I don't get it, when it says they declined, it means they don't want to resign and be on the FA list, but when I go to the FA list, they are gone, MELO declined everytime I sim the first year, but he ends up with the Nuggests at the end, is there something I can do that makes him go on the FA and then sign up with my team?
IF you have the CAP room for a max contract. Offer a player option and a No Trade Clause and they always sign with your team.

It's funny because in most of my associations he ends up signing with the Nets, King or Pacers...
Old 12-27-2010, 11:55 PM   #8
MVP

The problem is, he doesn't even show up on the FA list, I checked he will decline the contract offer from Denver before going into off-season, he basically declined the contract, and then sign a deal with Denver, and never appear on the first day of FA list...and I am using 2k rosters, don't know if that has to do with anything~

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »