Home

Favorite Players of all-time for your team

This is a discussion on Favorite Players of all-time for your team within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Favorite Players of all-time for your team

I'm sure this has been done before, but whatever. I was watching some 2003 film of LSU and forgot how key Devery had a role and decided to see what you guys had. Not the best player, not the most productive, not the record holder, just your straight up favorite.

1) Jacob Hester-This guy is what (IMO) every championship team needs. Somebody who will get you from 1/10 to 2/3, and then get you 4 yards on 2/3. 4/2? He'll get 4. Want to pass? He'll go out on the swing route. Want to run somebody else? He'll be the lead blocker? Want to kick a FG? he'll hold. Want to punt? He'll be a gunner. He even played both ways as a LB for a short period of time in the spring his freshman year. Somebody who does the dirty work, gets down between the guards and doesn't take a play off. And being clutch on 4th downs doesn't hurt his legend either (*insert "there is no such thing as clutch" argument here) He had, for lack of a better way to say it, all the right intangibles.

2) Patrick Peterson-I can count on one hand the amount of time he got flat out burned this past year. In the SEC West, That's pretty ****ing special. I know, Weagles will say Fairley is better, Bammers will say Kirkpatrick will be better, but PP7 was the best defensive player in the country, let alone SEC West this year.

3) Devery Henderson-He and Hester are the two players who played key positions and never got enough credit for whatever reason. You could say Henderson was overshadowed by Micheal Clayton, who *was* better in College, but every time Clayton was double covered, Devery was there over the middle, ready to take a crack or flying to the sideline on an out route. Did what he had to do, and he did it well

4) Tommie Hodson-Everybody knows him from the earthquake game, but this kid had no business playing SEC football. And by SEC football, I mean he might have rode the bench at Mississippi State for 3 years. Decent mechanics at best, barely passable arm strength, no mobility, only real compliment was he was semi-accurate. But somehow he found a way to hang in ball game (with support) and almost every win with his start can be accredited to him. When it was all said and done, he was talked up as a Heisman candidate. Which during the running-back heavy 80's is a compliment.

5) Chad Jones-He earned my trust the first half of 2007 as a freshman filling in at a HUGE question mark in our defense as a kid flying around, getting in on plays, always in the picture. He earned my heart with his heroics vs. Bangs II and Alabammer. As a sophomore during the 2008 abortion, he earned my respect as a kid (along with Kelvin Sheppard) who kept fighting throughout the entire miserable year (and earned the "Fighter" nickname). As a Junior, he was switched to FS, and earned my trust locking down a position he had never played before. And earned my heart again with the hit on Joe Adams. If he hadn't gone pro, he wouldn't have gotten in that wreck, and who knows where he might be, along with LSU.

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Favorite Players of all-time for your team

My favorite Bama player will always be Tyrone Prothro. He was most of the reason the '05 team was undefeated before he got hurt and their offense collapsed after he was out. He did a little of everything and did it all well. I truly believe if he didn't break his leg that year, Bama would've gone undefeated (don't bother arguing, you won't change my mind). And I can only imagine what he could've done the rest of his career.

Deuce Palmer ranks a close second, but I only remember his playing days because of old game tapes that I watch with my dad every now and then. I was 7 when Bama won the '92 championship and I have a terrible memory of childhood events, but I do remember getting excited whenever he got the ball.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:37 PM   #3
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

1. Donovan McNabb, Never Have i seen a player at Syracuse put the team on his back and completly take over a game like Donovan did.

2. Dwight Freeney, Dude was just a sack waiting to happen.

3. Marvin Harrison, Best Wide reciever Syracuse has ever had. Mike Williams could have challenged this had he stayed on the team.

4. Keith Bulluck, One of the hardest hitters I have ever seen play College football

5. Ernie Davis, Never saw him Play but I did see the Movie The Express, that close enough I suppose. This Guy broke the College football racial barrier, Led his team to a national Championship, Gets drafted to the NFL, then dies a tragic death. Good enough reason to put a statue of him out in front of the Carrier dome.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:38 PM   #4
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
5) Chad Jones-He earned my trust the first half of 2007 as a freshman filling in at a HUGE question mark in our defense as a kid flying around, getting in on plays, always in the picture. He earned my heart with his heroics vs. Bangs II and Alabammer. As a sophomore during the 2008 abortion, he earned my respect as a kid (along with Kelvin Sheppard) who kept fighting throughout the entire miserable year (and earned the "Fighter" nickname). As a Junior, he was switched to FS, and earned my trust locking down a position he had never played before. And earned my heart again with the hit on Joe Adams. If he hadn't gone pro, he wouldn't have gotten in that wreck, and who knows where he might be, along with LSU.
Not to mention he was a pretty good baseball player too
Old 12-27-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
Not to mention he was a pretty good baseball player too
he was such a well kept secret he had under 15 IP

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #6
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

1) Tyrone Wheatley- Big back with the speed to take it all the way on any given play.
2) Desmond Howard- Some amazing plays.
3) Charles Woodson- Loved watching him. God do I miss having a defense.
4) Braylon Edwards- Single-handedly beat MSU.
5) Tshimanga Biakabutuka- In the 1995 UofM/OSU game he ran for 313 yards.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Pat White and Owen Schmitt.

Only been watching NC State for one season, so I don't really have any "all-time" favorite players.

Last edited by superjames1992; 12-27-2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:37 PM   #8
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Jamelle Holieway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »