Home
Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 11:22 PM   #1
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Two weeks

Okay .....I'm a glutton for punishment...but here goes....

As you guys know, I'll be attending the Community Day at SCEA pre-viewing the upcoming version of The Show.

In regards to FRANCHISE mode(let me clarify...not RTTS....not uni's...not the new control schemes or the weather(okay...I can check certain things on weather but FRANCHISE! ).
If you have a bug from '10 that wasn't taken care of properly in the patch...a glitch that can be recreated or a tweak that you want to suggest. Please list it here in a clear and concise manner.
Please...PLEASE do not list....
..trade logic
..lineup logic or gameplay AI(I have asked them to tone down MR appearances)
I will check on the call up/send down logic in franchise, if they are adding in a slightly more stat reliant system(rather than pure 40 man or ratings based call ups)
The clearer you are in explaining what you would like me to bring up...the better the chance it can be fixed.
I don't know how much "new" has been added to franchise mode this year(considering the heavy lean on the new controls/models and such)...but I would like to take the time I'm there to check on things you guys have come across in your franchises.
The tweaks I mentioned....is just something I will bring up to Kolbe....sometimes there is a possibility that they could change something...most times it would have to be a "next year" list...but it doesn't hurt to ask.
I'll sim into as many future seasons as necessary(if I can...sometimes the build isn't stable enough...and that's the main reason fellas...that you'll hear the "how the heck did that get past the Community Day guys?"...."what the heck were they doing there?" crap(hence my glutton for punishment comment )...but I'll try.

Hit me...

Okay...so far I have...

1. Check to see if previous years stats carry to the first couple of games of new season.
2. Additional up to date stat pop ups during games
3. (this one is from me...but eco reminded me....when you sim games..and then jump into a game late in the season....the SB numbers for the year came up as 0...this was a bug)
4. Anything presentation in game we can add(sometimes....Joe can get some new stuff in late. We did last year for the bullpen layout with some info on the pitcher and upcoming batters...also the secondary positions being listed for the pinch hitter screen(so you would know if one of your pinch hitters could stay in and play rather than burning a player for just a pinch hit)
5. Ask/see if the championship celebration has been changed.
6. Can they add DH to the NL(I'm guessing no on this..but I'll ask)
7. More stats on player card?
8. Can we argue as a manager?....can we get ejected?
9. Check about scoring errors
10. Can they make the audio names available for both first and last?
11. Can we edit potential for SCEA players?(I kind of know this one already...and I don't think we'll actually be able to edit the potential for any player. But they have done something with this...I can't really say what it is yet....mainly because I can't(NDA)...but also because I don't know exactly what they've done.....there will be something on this though. Sit tight.)

M.K.
Knight165

Last edited by Knight165; 12-27-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 46
Re: Two weeks

thanks knight you lucky SOB.

as a franchise guy myself, we r in good hands having you there to point things out, give your input and generally being a pest to get stuff included, you and all of us would love to see.

Can you check to see if at the start of season two, if stat pop ups during Batter walk-ups and pitchers warming up or entering a game show the previous seasons stats or just 0's all around.

I liked that 2k showed that.

Also, if they mention LEAGUE LEADING notfications during those pop ups during the season. For example, when Ike Davis comes up in May it migth say 12 HRs 34RBI's 345 AVG [2nd in NL]

or In May Pedro Feliciano, 44IP 44GamesPlayed [Leads ML]

Plus, I know you are on it, but ANYTHING tv style' stat related popups like 2k had.

HUGE pet peeve of mine was the stats or lack thereof.

thanks Knight.

Last edited by econoodle; 12-26-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:47 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

Thanks Knight.

No spoilers but a yes/no on whether there have been any upgrades/improvements to championship celebrations this year. Anything regarding improved presentation and more stat pop-ups and overlays as mentioned by the poster above would be nice also.

Cheers
Old 12-27-2010, 01:35 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 47

Just tell me how the new players models look.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:01 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3
Smile Re: Two weeks

Knight,
Could you ask the developers are they going to put in the DH option in Franchise Mode for the NL, I am a STL Fan? (I know that the DH is in Season mode) Ask also if the manager, GM, or Owner will be able to interact with the players in any way? On the baseball Cards that is shown for each player can their be more stats for past years? Will a player or a manager be able to argue with a the umpires? Of course, you lose that player after getting kicked out and if a manager gets kicked out then you lose control of the managing part for the rest of the game. And of course better celebrations for winning all kinds of games regular season, division, pennant, World Series games? I thank you for you time sir.

STL72

Last edited by Stl72; 12-27-2010 at 03:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2010, 03:32 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 7

Scoring Logic (errors)

I have noticed many times, and it's very frustrating as an RTTS pitcher, that errors are often not counted properly. It seems the scorers are always very hesitant to give errors. Many times have I seen a player boot a ball and not get an error. I even had a no-hitter ruined because my RTTS pitcher bombed the ball over the 1B head on a bunt back to the mound, and they ruled it a hit and an error (runner got to 2B). It was CLEARLY an error. The ball was bunted directly too me, and he sailed it over the 1B even though he had plenty of time. It's things like that which frustrate me the most.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:21 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Dear Knight,

I hope you are having a good Holidays. Also, thank you for providing an opportunity for us to provide you with our thoughts and suggestions prior to Community Day.

I will mention just two things which effect creating Rosters which, of course, effects Franchise play and any other play where your custom rosters are used:

1. Having all the name sound files in both (first and last) name sound file databases. In MLB10 there were separate sets of sound files for first and last names. This causes frustration when the sound name file you need is in the wrong set. For example for Brennan Boesch last year Brennan was in the last name set and not the first. Since going to a single set would require re-programming (which can add bugs), I would simply ask that SCEA put all the name sound files in both sets so, for example, for a player like Kyle Peter, Peter would be in both sets and not only in the first name set. This would create additional name possibilities without creating additional sound files.

2. Making "Player Potential" an editable characteristic. This will make it possible for those creating rosters to "edit" the potential of any SCEA players when the potential seems inappropriate, will allow roster creators to change the "potential" distribution to a more realistic distributiion, and eliminate the need in roster creation to move "fictitious" minor leaguers from team to team due to their "potential" value. (My experience last year with the various roster updates is that the player potential values of the SCEA players were all over the place, almost seeming to change randomly at time. Also, the numbers of A potential fictitious minor league players relative to A players actually in the Majors was way too high. I do not expect SCEA to spend a lot of time on this as their focus is having the game work well. I just would like the users and roster builders to have the chance to change and tweak the potentials.)

I would greatly appreciate your raising these issues if you agree these are worthwhile.

Thank you,

Karle
Old 12-27-2010, 05:19 AM   #8
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Thanks Knight,

Can you please double check to ensure that cpu v cpu and the ability to watch any game from any side's schedule remains in Franchise mode please.

Thanks
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »