Home

Road to the Super Bowl: A Kansas City Chiefs Dynasty

This is a discussion on Road to the Super Bowl: A Kansas City Chiefs Dynasty within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-25-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Road to the Super Bowl: A Kansas City Chiefs Dynasty

Well, I've decided to start over again. My last dynasty didn't really work out, and I apologize to my disappointed followers for that. However, I'm going to give it another go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Road to the Super Bowl: A Kansas City Chiefs Dynasty

And now, we would like to announce Herm Edwards' replacement as head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs football team. Kyle Montgomery!

Well, what is there to say. As soon as I got the call from team management, I jumped on the offer. There is so much potential for greatness here in Kansas City that I just couldn't turn down the opportunity to take charge. I very well know that the team has suffered mightily as of late, but I am here to fix this. With this year's free agent group, draft class, and with the help of my GM, I hope to return the Chiefs to greatness within the next few years. All I ask is that the fans stick with the team through all of the tough but necessary changes that need to be made to improve the team. Thank you.

Last edited by K_Man915; 12-25-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
Rookie

Well, here we go again. I started off by not franchise tagging anyone and giving my only RFA, RT Will Svitek, a level 2 tender.

After evaluating starting roster, I have decided that my focus points for free agency are the secondary, the linebackers, and the offensive line.

Last edited by K_Man915; 12-25-2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:50 AM   #4
Rookie

As soon as free agency started, I went to my roster screen and started making moves.

1. I traded QB Damon Huard to the Falcons for a 5th rd. pick (131).
2. I traded QB Brodie Croyle to the Bears for a 3rd rd. pick (90).
3. I traded HB Kolby Smith to the Lions for a 6th rd. pick (170) and a 7th rd. pick (201).
4. I traded CB Tyron Brackenridge to the Browns for a 6th rd. pick (184) and a 7th rd. pick (216).
5. I released QB Tyler Thigpen.
6. I released TE Michael Allan.
7. I released MLB Nate Harris.
8. I released ROLB Johnny Baldwin.
9. I released CB Rashad Barksdale.
Old 12-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
Rookie

Players that left in free agency are:
1. K John Carney
2. WR Eddie Drummond
3. LE Jimmy Wilkerson
4. CB Benny Sapp
5. WR Samie Parker
6. TE Kris Wilson
7. LOLB Keyaron Fox
8. RT Kyle Turley
9. C Casey Wiegmann
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2010, 11:03 AM   #6
Rookie

Here is my positional analysis for my team right before I start signing free agents:

QB: At this point, I don't have any QBs on my roster and there aren't any decent QBs in fre agency, so it looks like I'm going to be drafting a couple in the draft or making a trade, which is pretty unlikely because it takes to much to acquire a good QB through a trade.

HB: All I have is Larry Johnson, who I don't really like at all, and Jackie Battle, who is pretty mediocre. Once again, not much in free agency, so probably another draft focus.

FB: I don't have any on my roster, so I will probably pick up either Dan Krieder or Tony Richardson in free agency.

WR: I have Dwayne Bowe, who is pretty good, and Jeff Webb, who is ok. So I might try to get some depth during the draft.

TE: I have Tony Gonzalez, who is VERY good, but there are 3 pretty good TEs in the draft, so I may need trade Gonzalez to pick up more high round picks.

OL: Not as bad as I originall thought, but I need some depth. I definitely need a RT, because the only guy I have there is Will Svitek, who is an RFA, and if another team tries to sign him, I will probably let him go because I would get a 2nd rd. pick.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #7
Rookie

DL: I'm ok at LE with Tamba Hali, but I need some depth. I also definitely need some depth at DT. At this point I have 2 mediocre, aged DTs and a decent younger guy as well. RE is going to be a major focus point moving forward. I have one guy, but he isn't very good and will probably get cut if I can find some depth somewhere.

LB: I have a solid starter on the left side with Derrick Johnson, but I need help in the middle and on the right. I will try to trade MLB Napoleon Harris and ROLB Donnie Edwards for picks in the draft if I can.

CB: I only have one at this point. However he is a solid guy. He is pretty old though so I don't know how long he will be around.

S: I need a FS for sure. Unfortunately, this is probably the worst position in the upcoming draft, so I will probably get one in free agency. At this point I'm looking at Ken Hamlin. I'm ok at SS for now. I have a decent guy in Bernard Pollard, but if I can get a better guy somewhere I will trade him for picks.

K/P: I don't have a kicker so far, but I will probably be able to find one somewhere. I'm set at P with Dustin Colquitt. He is locked for 5 years and has very good potential.

Last edited by K_Man915; 12-25-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #8
Rookie

Here are my positional philosophies:

QB: Pure Passer
HB: Speed
FB: Balanced
WR: Speed
TE: Soft Hands/Routes
T: Engulfer
G: like the others (C, T) not sure right now I'll check
C: Mauler
E: Undersized Speed Rusher
DT: Run Stopper
OLB: Balanced
MLB: Power/Blitzer
CB: Balanced
FS: Centerfielder
SS: Hard Hitter
K: Big Foot/Distance
P: Big Foot/Distance

Last edited by K_Man915; 12-25-2010 at 11:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »