Home

College Hoops 2k12 Wishlist (Just in Case)

This is a discussion on College Hoops 2k12 Wishlist (Just in Case) within the College Hoops 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
College Hoops 2k12 Wishlist (Just in Case)

I know that College Hoops 2k12 is still a reach, BUT with the success of NBA 2k11 2K Sports has to realize its popularity is at its highest point right now and could use this to make a hell of a game. I know like many of you guys out there I still play 2k8, and each day wish just a few things changed. I'm going to list some things I would be hopeful for in next years game if it comes and lets hope it does. Please add and comment to it and who knows maybe someone will see these.

1. NBA 2k11 has done an amazing job with broadcasting, but it would be even more amazing with two broadcasting teams. 2k11 has proven that you dont need the ESPN and CBS presentation to doll up a rather disappointing game (cough cough NCAA 10) although this would be really great if they stole EA's idea and improved on it. This would make the tourny games feel significant and the rivalries feel like a more important game.

2. 2k8 did a fairly good job with creating a realistic crowd and the create a chant option was brilliant if you had the patience and also the amount of people at games was an awesome detail. These are all good things but could all be improved on. The crowd at times reacts the same way and even goes silent for some random reason when the home team is doing good. It would also be nice to see some student sections depicted correctly and colors in the crowd mixed up more like NBA 2k11. And my biggest wish of all and it will never happen but would be awesome would be students storming the court after a win. If they did this I would be thrilled.

3. I honestly believe that 2ksports could make this game rather cheaply by just tuning the NBA engine a little. The NBA engine now is really good with just a few minor flaws and would translate perfectly to the college game making this game practical for 2k to make.

4. Tweaked polls and rankings. 2k8 did an incredible job with ranking teams and emulating the RPI system. What would be even better would be a daily RPI and bracketology throughout the entire year.

5. More uniforms and arenas would be great, but even here 2k8 was spectacular. I still play with my Providence Friars and I am still amazed at how realistic they made the Dunkin Donuts Center look.

6. Recruiting was also spectacular in this game, but could be even better with more specific pitches and a tweaking of the world players impact and choosing of schools.

7. Neutral Court scheduling of games would be sweet.

8. A my player that could be integrated with NBA 2k12 would be so much fun.

9. This is my last idea for now and I dont know if it would be reasonable but I'll throw it out there. 2k8 had a really fun coach mode, but I have thought of a Athletic Director type mode where you could control everything. This would mean you would control the coach and everything he does including recruiting, scheduling, gameplaning, ect. You could also control your arena, pricing, and ways to get fans to the game. Being the AD could also mean managing sponsors to the school and what happens to disciplined players maybe.

Lets all hope for 2k12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
Banned

JohnZapp's Arena

Re: College Hoops 2k12 Wishlist (Just in Case)

The one thing i didnt like about 2k8 was the option not to pick the stadium. Villanova plays at their small arena for small games. then head over to wells fargo center for big games. that'd be awesome to pick the stadium. ncaa 10 had that and i was playing at every stadium they offered. it was fun to play somewhere else and bring the crowd along.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:37 AM   #3
Rookie

Agreed. Uconn also plays some of their games at the XL Center in Hartford, but 2k8 only had its on campus arena.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:59 AM   #4
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHammer113
3. I honestly believe that 2ksports could make this game rather cheaply by just tuning the NBA engine a little. The NBA engine now is really good with just a few minor flaws and would translate perfectly to the college game making this game practical for 2k to make.
Well the reason they stopped making the game is that the NCAA jacked up the licnesing fee. So that figures into the cost. And for whatever reason, college hoops games just don't sell that well. I don't know why, CHoops is one of my favorite sports games, and I am not really that much of a college basketball fan 11 months out of the year.

Hopefully with no basketball publishers now, the NCAA might rethink their cost structure???

But I am with you that I am hopeful we will see another 2K Choops game. I would really like the "Blog" feature where you can upload your offline dynasty stats to the web. That is a real cool feature that 2K added to all their sports games last year.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

We need turnovers!!!

1. Errant passes that go out of bounds and off players. We see it occassionally in 2K8, but not nearly enough. It needs to happen much more often, specifically in the post.
2. Traveling. It needs to be tied to player awareness or some other attribute. Every time you start to dribble or stop there needs to be an X% chance of a travel based on player attribute, nothing to do with stick skill.
3. AI needs to swipe at the ball more and jump into passing lanes better.

That was my main gripe with 2K8, was the lack of Turnovers, it killed the stats when every Point Guard regardless of skill could have 10+ assists and 0 Turnovers every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
MVP

cubsball899's Arena

OVR: 15

i think it would be awesome for certain schools to be limited in recruiting based on education... schools like northwestern and stanford off the top of my head. each recruit could have a GPA and ACT score that you can look at. also it would be kind of cool if a team like Navy could not recruit tall players, i think the limit is 6'6 or something?
Old 12-23-2010, 06:07 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
We need turnovers!!!

1. Errant passes that go out of bounds and off players. We see it occassionally in 2K8, but not nearly enough. It needs to happen much more often, specifically in the post.
2. Traveling. It needs to be tied to player awareness or some other attribute. Every time you start to dribble or stop there needs to be an X% chance of a travel based on player attribute, nothing to do with stick skill.
3. AI needs to swipe at the ball more and jump into passing lanes better.

That was my main gripe with 2K8, was the lack of Turnovers, it killed the stats when every Point Guard regardless of skill could have 10+ assists and 0 Turnovers every game.
Turnovers seem to happen enough when you play against someone else who knows how to get into the passing lanes, but you are right when you play the computer they find ways to win with you missing joke layups, ormissed open shots.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #8
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
The one thing i didnt like about 2k8 was the option not to pick the stadium.
I believe you can do this in 2K8. At the team select screen (where you can select your jersey), press Y (Xbox), and then go to options. This works in open Legacy...not sure about closed though??

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > College Hoops 2K »