Home

Uniform nitpicking

This is a discussion on Uniform nitpicking within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-21-2010, 01:17 AM   #1
Always batting 1.000

mpulse24's Arena

OVR: 0
Uniform nitpicking

I have always had a thing about uniform accuracy in sports videogames and the Show has done a really good job at recreating todays MLB uniforms and classic uniforms except for ONE flaw that has yet to be fixed since I started playing the series in '08. The uniform numbers have always been SLIGHTLY smaller and located lower on the jerseys than thier real life counterparts. This is only noticable on team jerseys that have no last names on the back, Like with the Red Sox home jerseys, Yankees and Giants home jerseys.

here is an example of what im talking about.

I know its not THAT big of deal, it only really affects the jerseys with no players names, but, its just something I have noticed for a while and honestly its the only thing with the jerseys I was hoping they would alter...besides that, uniforms are spot on in The Show series.

Now, am I being TOO nitpicky in this regard or do others take notice?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 47
Re: Uniform nitpicking

They mention it before and why they can't do it. It had something to do with graphics or animation. Something like that.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:48 AM   #3
Always batting 1.000

mpulse24's Arena

yeah, I was thinking they probably had a graphical reason as to why they couldnt do it, in the programming they probably have last names programmed to all the jerseys and it would probably be too much trouble to make exceptions for those three teams to mess with the code.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:20 AM   #4
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Heck, I would just like more jersey options...I posted this on the Classic Uniform thread, but I'll post it here too...

For those of you that didn't have MVP Baseball 2005 on PS2, or for a refresher for those that did...I uploaded the uniform options for that game just for comparison's sake. In that game they let you wear home or away jerseys regardless if you were actully the home or away team, and as you can see they had a lot more uniforms to choose from as you can see in the video. Plus, the uniforms they picked were some of the more popular throwback onces, like the jersey Hank Aaron wore when he broke the home run record, and the jersey Babe Ruth wore when he played his last season as a Braves player. Whereas SCEA has the most random throwback jerseys...I wish SCEA would add more jerseys...But, maybe the MLB changed their policies since MVP 2005 came out and won't allow it...who knows why they can have more uniforms in 2005 PS2 game, but not a 2010 PS3 game.

Last edited by TN - BRAVES FAN; 12-21-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:00 AM   #5
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

I dunnno, to me, it uniform accuracy, equipment, etc. is on the very very very very bottom rung of the ladder of important things in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyp2002
yeah, I was thinking they probably had a graphical reason as to why they couldnt do it, in the programming they probably have last names programmed to all the jerseys and it would probably be too much trouble to make exceptions for those three teams to mess with the code.
This. I do remember something to that effect.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just want the 70's/80's style stirrups to not be the only stirrup option... it looks ridiculous when you play with Babe Ruth and he looks like he's wearing the same stirrups that the 86 Mets might wear. Small details.

It shouldn't be that hard to just toss in a 2nd stirrup option. You got your 7" high risers, like Nyjer Morgan rocks, then you got the 4" jobs that they used to wear back in the day, the kind that Juan Pierre plays with.

I'm a White Sox fan and play in a weekend league where I wear the 4" stirrups, so Pierre's socks being inaccurate just sticks in my craw for reasons I can't even explain... you'd think his pus-arm would bother me more than the socks being off...
Old 12-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #8
Always batting 1.000

mpulse24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Heck, I would just like more jersey options...I posted this on the Classic Uniform thread, but I'll post it here too...

For those of you that didn't have MVP Baseball 2005 on PS2, or for a refresher for those that did...I uploaded the uniform options for that game just for comparison's sake. In that game they let you wear home or away jerseys regardless if you were actully the home or away team, and as you can see they had a lot more uniforms to choose from as you can see in the video. Plus, the uniforms they picked were some of the more popular throwback onces, like the jersey Hank Aaron wore when he broke the home run record, and the jersey Babe Ruth wore when he played his last season as a Braves player. Whereas SCEA has the most random throwback jerseys...I wish SCEA would add more jerseys...But, maybe the MLB changed their policies since MVP 2005 came out and won't allow it...who knows why they can have more uniforms in 2005 PS2 game, but not a 2010 PS3 game.

Yeah the uniform selection in The Show is alittle sparse compared to MVP 2005 (that game did so many things right!). The team I use the most in THE Show is the Red Sox and thier throwback unis are nearly the same as thier current ones, besides navy blue undershirts and stirrup socks. But I totally understand the game developers being more focused on the gameplay aspect of the series. Im sure once they nail the gameplay down they will start focusing more on overhauling the graphics and uniform selection. At this point, as long as they have the current uniforms down, I'm totally fine with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »