Home

Why Not a STADIUM BUILDER?

This is a discussion on Why Not a STADIUM BUILDER? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Why Not a STADIUM BUILDER?

I'm curious with the successful support and feedback from the fans in Madden with their Stadium Builder option in Franchise mode, plus a few other sports games that allow you to design your own stadium or arena, I dont understand why MLB The Show doesnt add a robust Ballpark and Stadium editor/builder option in their game

I think it would be simply wonderful and benefit the most of all sports games due to the fact that there's actual strategy involved and many more options in Baseball then the other sports

I remember Earl Weaver Baseball way back on the Amiga 500 had this feature and I loved it. Im curious if any of you would use it and enjoy it to build your custom or MLB home team's ballparks in your Franchise?

Last edited by Lisa_Bonami; 12-19-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Why Not a STADIUM BUILDER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
I'm curious with the successful support and feedback from the fans in Madden with their Stadium Builder option in Franchise mode, plus a few other sports games that allow you to design your own stadium or arena, I dont understand why MLB The Show doesnt add a robust Ballpark and Stadium editor/builder option in their game

I think it would be simply wonderful and benefit the most of all sports games due to the fact that theirs actual strategy involved and many more options in Baseball

I remember Earl Weaver Baseball way back on the Amiga 500 had this feature and I loved it
my guess would be because they are currently working on getting the lighting, day to night progression, and now weather working correctly with the stadiums they do have. I'm not sure how it would effect custom stadiums, but I would think they would have to design the lighting for each possibility that the user may come up with.

Again, that is only my guess and in no way stating any factual information.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 12-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
my guess would be because they are currently working on getting the lighting, day to night progression, and now weather working correctly with the stadiums they do have. I'm not sure how it would effect custom stadiums, but I would think they would have to design the lighting for each possibility that the user may come up with.

Again, that is only my guess and in no way stating any factual information.
Yeah from what I remember it's not as simple as building a stadium. Lighting has to be done etc...
Madden needs a lot more important things done before worrying about external things. Glad SCEA "gets it"....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-19-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami

I think it would be simply wonderful and benefit the most of all sports games due to the fact that there's actual strategy involved and many more options in Baseball then the other sports

I remember Earl Weaver Baseball way back on the Amiga 500 had this feature and I loved it. Im curious if any of you would use it and enjoy it to build your custom or MLB home team's ballparks in your Franchise?

All of our stadiums are hand built from the ground up this process takes about 3+ months per stadium. A stadium builder like you and others are asking for just isn't going happen.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
All of our stadiums are hand built from the ground up this process takes about 3+ months per stadium. A stadium builder like you and others are asking for just isn't going happen.
And there you go.

Thanks Russell for giving a definitive answer.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Thanks Russell!

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 12-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Dannyray64's Arena

OVR: 2

Darn, I was really praying that one day we would get one in the game... O well, hey Russell, what's the chance of creating new teams option in the future?
Old 12-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #8
"Cool Whip"

OVR: 0

What about the ability to move teams between leagues or divisions, or create an expansion team?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »