Home

Official 2k11 "How to" Question and Answer Thread

This is a discussion on Official 2k11 "How to" Question and Answer Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-14-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Official 2k11 "How to" Question and Answer Thread

No I do not have all the answers to 2k11 but I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread like this where people can ask any and all questions about issues they are having with 2k11 regarding how to do certain things within the game(Gameplay, Association, etc.). We have a lot of threads where people ask a question about how to do something in 2k11 and once that question is answered that thread is no longer needed. This can hopefully be a one stop thread for tips and answers to all 2k11 players on all things.

The rules I would like to establish in this thread are the following:
1. Once a question is asked, it would be cool if someone could respond by quoting the question within the response.
2. If someone has more to add to another's response/answer feel free to chime in if you think your input goes a little further than the previous answer.
3. If you do not like 2k11 this is not the place to voice your issues with the game. This thread is meant for those who are enjoying it and would like to add to their fun and understanding.
4. No question is dumb....Be respectful to those that ask them and answer them.

My question: Is there a way to call for a pick from a certain player? In the extended manual it says tap LB(I'm on Xbox) and click the icon of the player I want. When I do that, let's say I want Kobe to set a pick, I hit the b-button. When I hit the b button I only get the option to run real plays for him not quick ones like pick n roll. Please help...
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Official 2k11 "How to" Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
My question: Is there a way to call for a pick from a certain player? In the extended manual it says tap LB(I'm on Xbox) and click the icon of the player I want. When I do that, let's say I want Kobe to set a pick, I hit the b-button. When I hit the b button I only get the option to run real plays for him not quick ones like pick n roll. Please help...
What you have to do is hold the B-Button down. Instead of bringing up a call play screen, he'll come over and set a pick.

Supposedly, there is a way to make him leave early as well, and also a way to control how to do the pick and fade, but I cannot do it for the life of me.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
What you have to do is hold the B-Button down. Instead of bringing up a call play screen, he'll come over and set a pick.

Supposedly, there is a way to make him leave early as well, and also a way to control how to do the pick and fade, but I cannot do it for the life of me.
Thank you OSU. I will try this later when I get home. Would I hold down the X button if I want the SF to come set pick after I select them or is it always holding down B after selecting a player?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
MVP

Po Pimp's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88

Just to chime in, to do the pick and roll, you simply hold the corresponding button of whatever player you want to set the pick until the pick is set. To do the pick and pop, you do the same as above until the icon pops over the player's head.

Now my question is, how do you slip the pick using icon pick control?

Last edited by Po Pimp; 12-14-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

i have a question, how do you defend with contact, but without a foul?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #6
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Thank you OSU. I will try this later when I get home. Would I hold down the X button if I want the SF to come set pick after I select them or is it always holding down B after selecting a player?
The icons will disappear. Now that's for the PnR.

According to Po there, it looks like if you hold it, it will be pick and pop.

No idea how to slip a screen either.

Quote:
You mean body up without fouling? Stay in front of the player when they start to drive, then immediately stop touching anything, especially jump or up on the stick.

At least, that's how I've done it. Doesn't really work all the time, but sometimes it does, especially with a bigger guy on a guard.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:40 PM   #7
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragMaster
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but If I understand what you're asking, it's just like a 50/50 chance. You'll get called sometimes, you won't get called sometimes. (Unless it's obvious of course)
Old 12-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 3

what sucks is that the players seem to want to hard foul every single time when i hold L2 lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »