Home

So I downloaded the FM 11 demo...

This is a discussion on So I downloaded the FM 11 demo... within the Football Manager forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #1
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5
So I downloaded the FM 11 demo...

Now what do I do? lol. Sorry if this has already been discussed but I am a complete FM newb. I downloaded the PC Strawberry Demo, picked my team (Chelsea) and now I really don't have a clue what I am supposed to be doing.

I have played OOTP Baseball, so I am somewhat familiar with sports-sims but I really have no idea where to start in this demo.

Anyone have a link to a "newbie walkthrough", or maybe we could start a "beginners tips guide" here?

I am a huge soccer fan and got bored playing console soccer video games and this looks like it could be fun but I need some direction.

Feel free to delete my thread but if anyone could help out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

3DS- Bravely Default
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 06:43 PM   #2
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: So I downloaded the FM 11 demo...

visit FM Base. I'm sure you'll find alot of useful tips, tools, etc. That's one of the first spots I went to besides here in our own forum. Enjoy the game. It's highly addicting!

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/
Old 12-14-2010, 05:50 AM   #3
MVP

Lecrae's Arena

OVR: 16

So I downloaded the FM11 demo...and now I am addicted and needed an intervention but my friends and family just dont understand.

^lol that is what I was expecting the rest of the post to be. I would go to Chelsea > Team Settings and set things like contract renewals, opposition instructions, and team talk to let the assistant take care of it and follow the link he gave you.

Also check out sortitoutsi and the main SI forum for more help. If you really get into it you can find things like skins, face packs, logos, etc to put into the game.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:51 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickaepi
Now what do I do? lol. Sorry if this has already been discussed but I am a complete FM newb. I downloaded the PC Strawberry Demo, picked my team (Chelsea) and now I really don't have a clue what I am supposed to be doing.

I have played OOTP Baseball, so I am somewhat familiar with sports-sims but I really have no idea where to start in this demo.

Anyone have a link to a "newbie walkthrough", or maybe we could start a "beginners tips guide" here?

I am a huge soccer fan and got bored playing console soccer video games and this looks like it could be fun but I need some direction.

Feel free to delete my thread but if anyone could help out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
The best way to learn is to just explore. Click on every menu and sub-menu, see what it does and how it might be of use to your team, and then start playing. I think most of us learned through trial and error, figuring things out as we went along. And once you figure things out, it will be a breeze.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5

Thanks guys. I appreciate everyone's input. I pretty much did everything each of you suggested and it's working great so far!

Handling my 1st press conference, as the newest Manager of Chelsea, was probably one of the most fun, unique gaming experiences I have ever encountered.

I know it sounds over the top but I really felt like I was in the pressroom, with pictures flashing, sweating in front of the numerous reporters.

I also loved the fact that for some reason Drogba and a few other players "reacted poorly" to something I said in my press conference (I'm not sure what I said that made them mad).

Anyway, I noticed Drogba has aspirations for coaching so I had a private chat with him and let him know he would be a great coach once he finishes his career and I also asked him to tutor one of my players.

Long story short, he went from poor morale to very good, (or something like that) and I felt like Drogba and I patched things up. I started "exploring", as someone suggested and ended up signing Miranda from Sao Paulo (sp?). He will help my D, since Cole went down with an arm fracture in a Friendly game. I spent a lot of money but hopefully it works out.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this a lot so far. I know I have barely scratched the surface but I can see how this could become a very deep and seriously addicting experience (in a "lack of sleep/eating" sort of way .

Thanks for everyone's help.

3DS- Bravely Default
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

fficeffice" />>>
Old 12-14-2010, 06:13 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickaepi
Thanks guys. I appreciate everyone's input. I pretty much did everything each of you suggested and it's working great so far!

Handling my 1st press conference, as the newest Manager of Chelsea, was probably one of the most fun, unique gaming experiences I have ever encountered.

I know it sounds over the top but I really felt like I was in the pressroom, with pictures flashing, sweating in front of the numerous reporters.

I also loved the fact that for some reason Drogba and a few other players "reacted poorly" to something I said in my press conference (I'm not sure what I said that made them mad).

Anyway, I noticed Drogba has aspirations for coaching so I had a private chat with him and let him know he would be a great coach once he finishes his career and I also asked him to tutor one of my players.

Long story short, he went from poor morale to very good, (or something like that) and I felt like Drogba and I patched things up. I started "exploring", as someone suggested and ended up signing Miranda from Sao Paulo (sp?). He will help my D, since Cole went down with an arm fracture in a Friendly game. I spent a lot of money but hopefully it works out.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this a lot so far. I know I have barely scratched the surface but I can see how this could become a very deep and seriously addicting experience (in a "lack of sleep/eating" sort of way .

Thanks for everyone's help.
You'll soon learn to hate the press conferences like the rest of us.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:44 PM   #8
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsnomar05
You'll soon learn to hate the press conferences like the rest of us.
yup. Gets pretty repetitive. They should upgrade that next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > Football Manager »