Home

Old 12-12-2010, 04:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
D-League

I don't know about the rest of you, but I spend most of my time in association mode and I want it to be as real as can be. And they've improved on cpu trades but some are still questionable, among other things that have improved but still at times show that they still have some way to go.

So getting to the point. I really don't like these generic players in the d-league. They have the authentic jerseys, so why not authentic players. Many of them are already free agents anyway so why not put them on their assigned team. But there are guys who I see every year at the summer league, making training camps, some get the 10 day contracts later in the season, but most spend their time in the d-league. Guys like Joe Crawford, Courtney Sims, Walker Russell.

The D-League is constantly growing and at least 1 or 2 guys on pretty much every team have a guy who paid his dues in the D-League. And I know 2K strides to be as Authentic as can be. It really couldn't get any more authentic than if this were to happen. I hope and believe that one day this will part of 2K and the sooner the better.

There's just something about all the generic, unrealistic, dead end d-leaguers that have been in the 2K series the past couple of years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: D-League

I saw a great idea on here that said in your first year of assciation, edit all of the fake D-league players's ages as high as you can go. That way, after the first year, they all retire and the D-league should fill up with real players.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Im curious about the D-League myself. Before my ASSOC froze my team 's D-L team had games i could play. I felt at 12min ididnt want to get involved w/ another roster.

But im curious how involved dudes get w/ their "Minor League team".
Old 12-13-2010, 02:00 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

yea i've done that age thing. but for some reason there were still guys who didnt retire.

I went as far as to give them all max ages, and years experience because they also base their random signings off that and made sure that their rating was worse than any available free agents.

But it's just too much damn work. An authentic NBDL would be great. even having their real coaches would be cool. Awards, All-star game.

They slowly but surely always improve with roster stuff every year. This year taking out the decade teams replacing them with the jordan teams. I think theres always room for improvement. They already have the 16 teams made. Now just have to fill out the roster. I think its more than possible to get it done.

And one more thing to add would be something similar to what they do in madden now. With the My player mode having the choice of selecting a real rookie. Or if they get the D-League thing done. Something along the lines of becoming the next D-League success story.

Just ideas and thoughts that will only make the game better and more authentic going forward.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
Rookie

jerry0211's Arena

OVR: 4

I hear ya man. I would love to have some real players on the d-league rosters. If not the actual players, then at least let us customize them in-season. What would be the harm of allowing us to fully edit the fake players or replace them with free agent players? Sounds like an easy fix for 2k12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

Even if they didn't have real D-League rosters they could still allow us to edit D-League rosters like we edit draft class rosters. Same for Summerleague rosters. Then we could just import them.

They should also make those teams available in offline quick match games and in the manage roster section of the menu.

I would also like to be able to use these three rosters in MyPlayer mode and be able to update every year.

I made this suggestion a while back on the 2ksports forums.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »