Home

Ridiculous-ness in my player

This is a discussion on Ridiculous-ness in my player within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ridiculous-ness in my player

Is MyPlayer completely broken for anyone else? (Post-patch, obviously.)

If I play on pro, I win easy. If I play on any other difficulty, my team gets absolutely demolished. My teammates become absolute morons.

I play for the Celtics, and we just played the Mavs. We were actually up by 11 with around 2:30 left in the 4th quarter (I sat the whole 4th until then) and I was shocked we may actually win a game on a higher difficulty. The second I hit the court, the Mavs caught fire and we lost. It was just absolutely ridiculous. We couldn't make anything and they couldn't miss.

Example Celtics statlines:
Rondo: 43 minutes, 6 points, 1 board, 11 assists, 3 turnovers on 3-9 shooting
Ray Allen: 38 minutes, 10 points, 6 boards, 3 assists, 3 turnovers on 3-14 shooting
Kevin Garnett: 38 minutes, 13 points, 7 boards, 1 assist, 0 turnovers on 6-18 shooting
Pierce: 34 minutes, 10 points, 5 boards, 3 assists, 0 turnovers on 3-14 shooting
Me: 34 minutes, 28 points, 10 boards, 4 assists, 3 turnovers () , on 13-18 shooting.

Mavericks statlines:
Caron Butler: 46 minutes, 31 points, 9 boards, 3 assists, 1 turnover on 14-23 shooting
Jason Terry: 43 minutes, 28 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 turnover on 10-18 shooting (4-5 on three pointers)
Dirk: 44 minutes, 22 points, 12 boards, 3 assists, 1 turnover on 11-18 shooting
Marion: 32 minutes, 14 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, 1 turnover on 7-11 shooting

How am I supposed to win when my supposed top 4 have 39 between them on 15-55 (27%) shooting and the opposing team's top 4 have 95 on 42-70 (60%) shooting?

Any fixes for this? Should the game style be set to Default or Simulation? Anything helps... Sick of stat lines like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ridiculous-ness in my player

I had the exact same problem so I just abandoned My Player mode. Hopefully it is better next year.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yea I was definitely having a lot of the same problems. It seems like getting your passing and offensive awareness up helps a little bit but even more than that ESTABLISHING A RHYTHM on offense is what's really important. The best way to do this is just to play through your post players if you have a good one (KG in your case). I'm a 2 guard for the Knicks and anytime Amare gets over 20 we usually have a good shot at winning, same thing when I played for the Rockets with Yao. I play on all-star/sim.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
tcp
Rookie

This mode is unplayable, at least for me. Just paused the game. My team (Kings) is 8/28 from the floor. I'm 8/8. Second Quarter, 32-19 Nuggets. My team FG avg is about 28-32% every game. Just can't do it. I've got Evans about 4-19 every game, Landry is 5-20.. I'm 32 games into the season and we're 5-27. I can't play this mode unless theres a solution to this awful shooting.. Any suggestions?
Old 12-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

You summed it up. If you watch closely you'll notice that your teammates don't contest shots, don't jump for rebounds, and settle for contested jumpers instead of attacking the basket.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2010, 01:23 AM   #6
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

I'm a PF for the Cavs, and if I miss a pick or if I'm slow getting to my spot, Mo just jacks a contested trey. Every time. Like if the play isn't run perfectly, the only thing the CPU can think to do is just launch it.

It's a fun mode, but the AI is terrible.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:30 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

I play centre for the Magic, all was going along nicely until the patch came out. VC just bombs 3 after 3 now, it's absolutely ridiculous. Last game i played he was 2/15!!! from downtown. Stupid
Old 12-13-2010, 07:28 AM   #8
tcp
Rookie

Theres got to be a fix for this

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »