Home

Pushing and shoving after the whistle

This is a discussion on Pushing and shoving after the whistle within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Pushing and shoving after the whistle

I liked the pushing and shoving after the whistle in NHL 10, but it seems very toned down in 11. I have not had any coincidental minors called for it in 11, while I used to have at least a couple a game in 10. No fights happening in 11 (unless I start them), while I had them in 10. I would like to get back to what I had in 10 (without, of course, going back to 10). Is this a setting issue anybody know? I have fights maxed, penalties maxed, and I have tried out each of the post-whistle settings (not really seeing any difference in the settings, by the way). What have you folks seen? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Pushing and shoving after the whistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I liked the pushing and shoving after the whistle in NHL 10, but it seems very toned down in 11. I have not had any coincidental minors called for it in 11, while I used to have at least a couple a game in 10. No fights happening in 11 (unless I start them), while I had them in 10. I would like to get back to what I had in 10 (without, of course, going back to 10). Is this a setting issue anybody know? I have fights maxed, penalties maxed, and I have tried out each of the post-whistle settings (not really seeing any difference in the settings, by the way). What have you folks seen? Thanks!
It's definitely toned down. I like it that way though. But maybe they need a slider to dictate how frequent post-whistle shenanigans occur.

But, they need to work on it still. For starters, I hate how the CPU never starts a fight. What's the point of having Avery or Carcillo on the ice when they don't act like them?
Also, they need to clean it up where you get a penalty for being assaulted.
Case in point: the other night I shot the puck after the whistle had blown. I was being hammered from behind and I did nothing to retaliate. Next thing I know, I'm the only guy being put in the box. That kind of crap has to stop.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:59 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Case in point: the other night I shot the puck after the whistle had blown. I was being hammered from behind and I did nothing to retaliate. Next thing I know, I'm the only guy being put in the box. That kind of crap has to stop.
I agree. That even looks more silly when they show the replay of the infraction and the guy is just wailing on you, but it's your penalty. I loved goading players into roughing me so my team could get the PP, but I've stopped almost all post-whistle activity in NHL11.

This change really just left it to where the opposing team will have an enforcer start roughing you up if you're playing really well and making goals. That's the only time they seem to really pick a fight anymore. I've never played much online, but there the post-whistle pens seem almost impossible to draw without actually fighting.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

The rason you get the penalty is because you shot the puck in the net after the wistle blows. Show me one time in an NHL when a player shoots the puck into the net after the whistle. It doesn't happen as it is a hockey code not to do it.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:12 AM   #5
Pro

Section_25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
The rason you get the penalty is because you shot the puck in the net after the wistle blows. Show me one time in an NHL when a player shoots the puck into the net after the whistle. It doesn't happen as it is a hockey code not to do it.
Yea, that a big "NO,NO" in the NHL. Fire the puck into the net after the whistle is a good way to get jumped by the whole team! Not only is it disrespectful, but it's also a good way to injure the opposing goalie for no reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I wish they'd make the post whistle shoving after the whistle more realistic. If I'm poking near the goalie when he's holding the puck and the whistle blows, I want to see a guy push me right in front of the goalie, and have my teammates respond accordingly, so on and so forth.

I hate how it's all just one on one. I also don't like how once a guy starts shoving you, it's incredibly difficult to shove back or to start a fight.

I just want to a bunch of guys on the different teams start face washing/shoving/holding each other back/etc. And I want to see it at or around the net, where most post-whistle stuff is instigated from.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Captain_Crazzzy's Arena

OVR: 1

is there anyway whatsoever to get CPUs to fight each other? Im playing BAP and i'm not a fighter, but anytime the CPU is pushing or trying to start a fight they're coming after my guy and never anyone else on my team. Would like to see my teammates get into it every once in awhile.

I'm scared to turn fighting slider up cause I think it'll just bring more opponents at me personally. (keep in mind I don't do that bush league play where I'm checking or shooting the puck after the whistle.)
Old 12-11-2010, 09:48 AM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
What penalty is that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »