Home

cant score!!

This is a discussion on cant score!! within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-06-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
cant score!!

I would consider myself fairly average at this game by no means good but by no means bad either. However, I cannot score a freakin goal. In my Be a GM with the PENS i am averaging 1.44 goals a game with around 23 shots on goal per game. i have it on pro level and have increased my AI accuracy and power and have not seen any affect. Is it something to do with hardcore/normal? I dont under stand. Please help me out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: cant score!!

Somebody help
Old 12-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

One thing I find helps is to pay attention to the strategy you have set for each line and run that line accordingly. For instance, if you have a line set for behind the net, make sure you get the puck deep and cycle it around to get everyone in position. If you don't know the particular strategy you have set just tap the button for a forward line change (circle on PS3) and you'll see what it's set at (it then can be cycled with another button (triangle on PS3). Once everyone is in position those chances for one-timers in front and blasts from the blue line looking for deflections start to occur more often.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:30 AM   #4
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

I must admit I still struggle to score myself.

My GFA normally hovers between 1.50 to 1.75. My terribly slow reaction time I think, is mostly to blame. While watching replays I can easily see scoring chances I've missed out on by simply being to damn slow to get the shot off in time.

I still enjoy the game a lot. But not being able to score enough goals to be competitive in my GM mode still haunts me. And bushwhacking the cpu's goalies with the sliders, kinda kills the satisfaction of scoring. So I pretty much gave up on doing that. But when I do get a win...man it sure feels good.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Just takes practice man. When I first started playing NHL a few years ago I was in the same situation you were, the Goalies were like brick walls.

This year seems to be a lot different for me though; I don't know if it just comes from years of playing the NHL series or what, but in my BeAGM with the Sabres i'm averaging around 4 goals a game on the the All Star level and that's unheard of from me.

Just takes time and practice, i'm sure you'll get the hang out if soon enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

You could change shooting aim to auto.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:02 AM   #7
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
You could change shooting aim to auto.
Myself, I even struggle to score using AA.

I think one of my problems is...I'm just not patient enough. I've noticed a few times if I wait a second to shoot, sometimes the goalie will make the first move. Giving me more net to shoot at. I know I also take way too many low percentage shots as well.

However, I'd much rather have the game a little difficult for me to score in, than the other way around. But anyway...yep Glenn, using Auto aim is a good suggestion for people like myself who are struggling to score. It does help.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 19

Switching to Auto aim allowed me to come back from a 6-goal deficit and win 8-7 in OT. Using manual shooting was tough for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »