Home

Rated F in 'Athlete'?

This is a discussion on Rated F in 'Athlete'? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
Rookie

Husky086's Arena

OVR: 0
Rated F in 'Athlete'?

I tried searching for the answer both on here and on the 'net, but it must be too broad of a subject to narrow down to get an answer for this.

The other day I was checking out my team's positional ratings during my recruiting time and I noticed that I received an F for athletes.

I was always under the assumption that if you recruited athletes, you were supposed to assign them a position in the off-season and that was that.

I guess I've never not assigned an athlete to a position before... 2 questions:

1. what happens to an athlete if you don't assign him to a position before starting your season?
2. is there any benefit to not assigning him (other than bringing up your Athlete rating from an F?)

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2010, 03:30 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Rated F in 'Athlete'?

I would think that the ATH's progress wouldn't be as great if he wasn't assigned a POS. Likewise, his AWR would not improve.

Hey, I'm new though. I'm still looking for answers regarding playing time (amt.) in relation to offseason training increases (i.e. does Mass Subbing a lot, when able of course, allow for even greater offseason increases?)
Old 12-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #3
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

I always thought the computer will assign them for you if you don't.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

The athlete rating is an F for every single team, as there is no such thing as an "athlete" once they get on campus. They needed a spot to show how many athletes you had on your board and had signed, so they placed it with the rest of the positions, which makes sense. But, as every other position has a grade to show your current level at that position, they needed a placeholder for the athlete grade. Always will be F, as, again, there will never be an Athlete on your in-season roster.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 12-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
Rookie

Husky086's Arena

OVR: 0

Thanks, that's what i figured, but found it hard to believe that EA would be that lazy. It's confusing, that's for sure. Maybe something to take a look at in next year's game.

thanks again!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »