Home

Real FT/Shooting % vs. Shot Stick Timing

This is a discussion on Real FT/Shooting % vs. Shot Stick Timing within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-29-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Real FT/Shooting % vs. Shot Stick Timing

I've seen that the overwhelming majority of slider guys use the REAL % for FT's and Shooting as opposed to Shot Stick Timing. My question is how does it affect the game? I mean does it give less control to the gamer knowing they are based on the players shooting % as opposed to it being based on the games ability to time the shot stick correctly? Somebody tell me how it works and affects the game. I'm considering trying it myself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 12:09 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Real FT/Shooting % vs. Shot Stick Timing

Its more accurate. There is a built in clutch which makes shot stick more accurate than real fg%. So by using the shot stick your inflating your percentages anyway. Developers took into account that people will not be able to memorize every players shot animation (and change teams often).
Old 12-01-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

Yup. I'm a recent convert and, while the game is definitely more fun with Shot Stick, it is more realistic with Real FG%. I also like that when you get off that shot in the final seconds of the game, it's about my player's skills and not mine.

It's really a choice between fun and realism. But, don't get my wrong, it still feels nice to shoot w/ RFG%. And some people say release matters either way, just not as much on RFG%.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I really don't get this, but how are people claiming that they get a realistic experience when they are not playing themselves?

I mean, using real life % is like watching the CPU play, more or less. You use some easy plays and you know that your player can't miss because he is a good shooter. If he misses though it means that he is out of his average percentage. You don't get any say in this.

Play great D, doesn't matter. The player will score because he is good. Play great Offence, the same. Learning a team, a player's style, his hotspots really has no bearing in the end, since even 2K has admitted that real % is not influenced at all by shot stick timing.

There is not a greater feeling than making that impossible shot all by yourself, combined with player's skills. You control your anxiety, your pressure and you make that buzzer beater.

On the other hand, I am fairly new to the game so I don't know what are the real problems that occur when you are using the shot stick timing.

Can someone more experienced explain it a little better please? Thanks.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:29 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 3

shotstick timing seems to be easier than using real fg %. once you get the release point memorized, you can dominate with anybody. i would rather use real fg %, but it doesn't appear to be accurate as you would think. too many wide open missed shots.

you can't just shoot using real fg %. you still have to get open. worry about how close the defense is to you. it's still not automatic. actually using the shotstick seems to disregard most defensive pressure. you can still hit the shot as long as your release is perfect. not all the time but more likely than not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hate the FG% shot, I have the bad impression that is the cpu who control my shot ...even if I put the Basket i'm not proud, just say myself "ok it's like that" but when I put a hard basket or a buzzer beater, I jump off my chair !!!!

With the shot stick timing it's me who put the basket, of course we don't know all the player animation and mistake happened but it still more real and fun than FG% shot.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:41 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyvean
I really don't get this, but how are people claiming that they get a realistic experience when they are not playing themselves?

I mean, using real life % is like watching the CPU play, more or less. You use some easy plays and you know that your player can't miss because he is a good shooter. If he misses though it means that he is out of his average percentage. You don't get any say in this.

Play great D, doesn't matter. The player will score because he is good. Play great Offence, the same. Learning a team, a player's style, his hotspots really has no bearing in the end, since even 2K has admitted that real % is not influenced at all by shot stick timing.

There is not a greater feeling than making that impossible shot all by yourself, combined with player's skills. You control your anxiety, your pressure and you make that buzzer beater.

On the other hand, I am fairly new to the game so I don't know what are the real problems that occur when you are using the shot stick timing.

False. Real Player % simply factors out the timing of releasing the shot stick. That is all.

Contested shots still are less successful than set shots.
Fadeaways still bring down shot success.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Real FT = more realistic.
Shot Stick = easier to score (because developers know no one can remember everyones shot form).

Dont let the mental game fool you. Use real fg% and focus on form just like you normally would. Dont even think about it. the end result is a realistic game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyvean

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »