Home

get rid of the stupid goalie?

This is a discussion on get rid of the stupid goalie? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-29-2010, 05:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
get rid of the stupid goalie?

maybe i'm the only one with this problem. but too often my goalie (on auto) goes for dumped pucks. is there a way, to 'say' the goalie that he should stay between the posts instead to go for the dumped pucks?

and is there a way to say the goalie he should cover the puck (still on auto goalie)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: get rid of the stupid goalie?

would be nice to have them add a slider for this..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 11-29-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

There really is no fix for this. I've lowered Puck Playing Frequency as low as 75 (on the goalie attribute), lowered goalie passing, increased goalie cover puck slider...and I still see the goalie doing stupid things.

---Playing the puck behind the net, he "passes" the puck against the back boards, which in turn rebounds up OVER the net and drops to the front for an open net.

---He has also attempted to pass the puck OVER the top of the net.

---Plays the puck by the faceoff circle when there are 1-2 opposing players ALREADY there, leaving him out of position and an easy open netter.

---They still shoot the puck over the boards for a delay of game penalty. Thought this was adjusted in a tuner, but guess it wasn't.

---The goalie is still too "robotic". He'll cling by one post, then when he needs to get to the other side, he'll have a "stiff" turn sequence, then "float" to the other post very slow.

Last year, the goalies weren't great, but they weren't as bad as this year. I don't how the AI became so dumb this year, but it definitely ruins moments in this game.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
Rookie

thanks ... at least i'm not the only one thinking that this should be corrected!
Old 11-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
Pro

Double-J's Arena

OVR: 8

If there is one glaring spot that needs to be addressed for NHL 12, it is fixing how users can control the goalie and adjusting strategies toward that end. It's an adventure whenever my netminder (Ryan Miller or Jhonas Enroth) leaves the net. Most of the time I will end up covering the puck simply because I know if I try to make what should be a routine pass, the puck will do something ridiculously weird (like shoot backwards into my own net, or pass right onto the stick of an oncoming opponent, etc.). The safest plays I've seen are usually when the puck goes behind the net...thankfully I can switch sides like in real life and direct the puck along the boards away from the opponent rush. But anything else, and it is best to cover the puck 9/10 times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2010, 04:03 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J
... But anything else, and it is best to cover the puck 9/10 times.
and how you do that? is there a button that the goalie covers the puck instead standing beside the posts and waiting? yesterday i got 3 of the 4 goals from the AI because this stupid goalie actions, this is really boring ... so if I at least could cover the puck with Smith, that would help me a lot - but till now i don't know how
Old 11-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #7
Pro

Double-J's Arena

OVR: 8

It seems automatic for me. I just don't press any buttons and my goalie will turtle and play will stop. I know that if I try to pass the puck or kick it out, there is a pretty good chance the pass will go a.) backwards into the goal b.) right onto the stick of an oncoming opponent c.) be a slow trickle that my own player will have to turn around to try and retrieve which instead will be snapped up by the CPU and then put in my net while my goalie is finishing some ridiculous pass animation.

I've learned from NHL games of the past to just stop play.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #8
Rookie

ok, thx to clarify this! so me too won't press any button anymore when my goalie 'has' the puck ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »