Home

Stop the whining and "threats" already...

This is a discussion on Stop the whining and "threats" already... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-28-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon4 Stop the whining and "threats" already...

Jesus people, all people are doing now since the patch is whine and complain. You all ASKED and WANTED a more real to the NBA type simulation game and now that they've given it to you all you guys still aren't happy and now want it back to the arcade'ish type of game it way before?!?!?

Most of you all will NEVER be pleased no matter what they add, remove, or whatever to it. You all will still find a way to complain about SOMETHING! Seriously people, just go and enjoy the game for what it is. Especially now that it's a long holiday weekend because it's back to work for the people that have jobs and or school for most of you kids this week. If there is any REAL LEGIT issue's then I'm sure 2K will address those after the holiday weekend.

I'm just happy that I'm able to play the game now without it freezing when starting it up. You all couldn't wait for the patch and begged and begged for it and now that they got it here for us you all want even more!

I'm pretty sure there are WAY MORE people out there that are enjoying this game the way it is now then there are people complaining about it or something in it. The only thing I can't comment on is the online play because I haven't tried playing online yet. Although in the past in all the others I usually never had any issues, I usually don't play online until I get used to the default rosters on teams and like after I go through a year or just about a whole year in association mode and obviously I'm not there just yet.

As far as My Player is concerned, it looks like they made it much more realistic then what it was. Pretty much everyone is still in their rookie year and most rookies don't average 30+ points a game and whatever other high stats people were getting before the patch. Also team mates probably won't pass the ball to rookies all that often either. I think 2K made it clear they were trying to get away from people creating super all star type created players for the My Player mode and that's why they put caps in it and or tried to make it a little harder for people to level up so quick and of course people found ways around it and glitching or cheesing to rank their player up right away, so they went and made some changes to it so people couldn't go and be a Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, or LeBron James type of player right after they get drafted to a team and most coming off the bench and not even a starter yet!

I bet you all that are into My Player that are having "issue's" so to speak will start getting "better" and say more plays called for you as you stay with the team, get better, and peak into the player that you all are trying to be off the bat.

I know it's just a "video game" and it's not supposed to be "realistic", but this is what majority of the 2K players (myself included) has been wanting and asking for. There are options and sliders that you can adjust if you want it to be more of an arcade'ish type of b-ball game. As for you all wanting to be a super all star type player right off the bat then go and create your player in Association Mode and play there. I truly believe the My Player mode is for people that want it as real as they can get it and be team players and not worrying about their stats and more concentrated on trying to win the game as a team and not a one man show. That's why there's not that many options in the My Player or Create a Legend modes. 2K doesn't want you all to adjust the way those modes play and want you to play with how they see fit for those modes.

And finally.... All you people that keep saying your going to go trade your game in or sell it.... THEN GO DO IT ALREADY!!!!! Seriously!!! What do you want from us? To all reach out to you and say "Nah, don't do it, it'll get better"?? If your not satisfied then go and do us a favor and get rid of it so that way you don't have to keep posting in here on how much you don't like it or something and open up the forum for real conversations and such... 2K already got your money, so what do they care if you go and get ripped off by trading it in and not even getting half back what you paid for it at a Gamestop or other type of store like that? I'm pretty sure about 99% of you all are bluffing anyways and just trying to get attention to yourself...

It is what it is, if you don't like it then move on and either wait till something is said about it and see if another patch is released that addresses your wants, or be happy with what you have and adjust it as you see fit and go from there. Me personally? I have no complaints or any issues with it... I'm loving the game and how much better it's been playing since the patch... I definitely would not want to go back to the way the game was before the patch....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Stop the whining and "threats" already...

I agree, to a certain extent. But disagree to a larger extent.

Here is why:

The complaints push the game forward. If this forum was all flowers and praise, I'd be really worried. Because, then, next year we would get NBA 2K11 2.0.

Not that that would be the worst thing in the world, but it would be a disappointment.

I say let the complaints come (I'm not a mod, obviously). I trust 2K to sort them in their hierarchy of importance. I think they know what they are doing.

Are the large majority of complaints a rush to judgment? Probably. Especially since the patch.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

Constructive critique vs. complaining.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah, those I totally understand. I'm just meaning the nit picking ones that people are either over doing or saying over and over and over in each and every thread that they can thinking they need to to get their point across.

I don't know how many threads I've seen whether it's been a new one or within an existing one with people saying their going to trade in their game or sell it. That doesn't prove nor help with anything.

Or for example which is one that is sort of valid but it's being over done is the whole My Player issue going on. I say it's a valid concern because something was obviously changed and it's just unfortunate that it had to be right before/during the holiday weekend so there's going to be a longer than usual wait till 2K can respond to those concerns.

There's been multiple threads that pretty much say the same thing for the My Player issue which could all be grouped in one to be honest. I'm pretty sure 2K will come out and say something to the effect that's either how it's SUPPOSED to be and or played or if there was something that happened and that they are indeed looking at it, but over all I think people need to calm down and realize that it is a long holiday weekend and there isn't going to be any kind of reply to their concerns about My Player until after this weekend at the very least.

I know there's going to be issue's of some kind in EVERY game out there, whether it's small or not. It's how people bring them up and all is the difference in being professional about it, or demanding something be done immediately or they're going to go sell/trade whatever it is they're not liking (which like I said is more of a threat than anything)...

The biggest though is everyone needs to just chill out and wait to see what happens this week and if 2K addresses it. But also understand that they may not like what they might have to say, because like I mentioned it looks like it was done on purpose to make it much more realistic than what it was and if that's the case people obviously aren't going to be happy, but throwing a fit and all isn't going to change anything. Either adjust to it or play a different mode or stop playing it altogether.

But there's a difference between whining and complaining and it's all the whining and stupid trade/sell threats that's getting annoying. I was more addressing the whining and threats mostly. Complaints can fall in different things or categories, I think it's just a matter of how people "complain". Like if the online is completely broken and all like it has been then yeah, that's obviously going to be a valid "complaint" especially when it's advertised and promised that it would be working and getting a complete overhaul like has been done. Complaining because your rookie My Player isn't getting super all star stats anymore is more of a whining/nit picky issue depending on how it's being reported and how many times it's mentioned...
Old 11-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

That's just the nature of video game forums. Lots of knee jerk reactions. Patches seem to make everyone go wild too. Lots of placebo effects going on.

I'm convinced the devs can release a fake patch that changes absolutely nothing, and people will start making threads left and right of how horrible the new patch is and how it messed up this and that. It goes vice versa too. The funny thing is, people make proclamations after a half, or a handful of games. They don't understand the concept of sample sizes. Yea a team can average 45% fg for a season, but they can also go 5 games shooting 38%, or 5 games shooting 51%, or a whole month shooting 40% and 3 months shooting 48%. Same goes for other things you see, whether it's blocks, steals, rebounds etc. OMG THE PATCH MADE IT HARDER TO BLOCK!

You can see it in slider threads too, people swear on all these different slider tweaks and some of them differ as completely opposite settings, lol. People just see things. Throw in youtueb videos and all of a sudden your word is truth no matter how "wrong" you are or how you're completely missing what is really changing.

Last edited by ParisB; 11-28-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATMON
Exactly! We need to let 2k know what needs foxed or improved upon and they seem to listen and try to give us the most enjoyable sim experience. There still are things that could be worked on but people need to be carefull what they are wishing for because another patch could end up breaking something and we do not need another WTF glitch like last years version that ruined the game with the bigs 3 point glitch. This game is hardly unplayable and would have to rank it right up there with the MLB the show if not surpassing it.
Theres probably going to be more whinners than normal this year with EA not putting out a game. i am sure there are a lot of them that have bought this game this year and truely dont undestand what sim is because they are you to a arcade version of basketball for the most part. I have always bought both 2k/EA so I am by far not a fan boy just want the most realistic experience possible with gameplay and simulated stats and 2k11 is very close to having it right and maybe with some roster editing it can be perfect.

Last edited by travis72; 11-28-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:36 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATMON
In my experience, people from east coast cities in the US (of which I am one)-- particularly NY and PHIL-- have trouble differentiating between the two. I could be wrong.
Old 11-28-2010, 05:37 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
That's just the nature of video game forums. Lots of knee jerk reactions. Patches seem to make everyone go wild too. Lots of placebo effects going on.

I'm convinced the devs can release a fake patch that changes absolutely nothing, and people will start making threads left and right of how horrible the new patch is and how it messed up this and that. It goes vice versa too. The funny thing is, people make proclamations after a half, or a handful of games. They don't understand the concept of sample sizes. Yea a team can average 45% fg for a season, but they can also go 5 games shooting 38%, or 5 games shooting 51%, or a whole month shooting 40% and 3 months shooting 48%. Same goes for other things you see, whether it's blocks, steals, rebounds etc. OMG THE PATCH MADE IT HARDER TO BLOCK!

You can see it in slider threads too, people swear on all these different slider tweaks and some of them differ as completely opposite settings, lol. People just see things. Throw in youtueb videos and all of a sudden your word is truth no matter how "wrong" you are or how you're completely missing what is really changing.

Lol. So true.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »