Home

association question

This is a discussion on association question within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
association question

I have roles and chemistry turned off. Other than playing the games, anything else I need to do?

How often do I need to practice? it says weekly so I am assuming once a week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: association question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnSniper21
I have roles and chemistry turned off. Other than playing the games, anything else I need to do?

How often do I need to practice? it says weekly so I am assuming once a week.
Have you set everything to automatic? (Prospect Scouting, etc.)

You don't need to practice at all. Although, it increases certain attributes if you do. To schedule practice: click the calendar and hit schedule practice. You should see it from there.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Also if you do practice your players will get tired faster in a game if you don't spread it out and give them breaks. If I have like say 3 days off before my next game, and also depending how many games I just played and how fatigue the players are I would do it like this -

Say they had a back to back game on Tue and Wed and off Thur, Fri, Sat and play again Sun...

I'd usually give them a day off on the first day and then a normal practice on the second day and then maybe a light practice on the third day or normal depending on their fatigue levels. If it was a busy week of playing and practice then that 3rd day off might be a day off with no practice.

I have the players roles off because I got tired of seeing them cry about mins and stuff in previous games that I started to turn that off since last year's game. Team Chemistry though I keep on as that seems to have them play better and not run around all over when on offense or even defense for that matter.

I also believe your player ratings will go down if you don't do any practices. Usually you can see what you need to work on in your games. For example if you are having trouble making shots either as a team or with a paticular person that usually doesn't have as much trouble then you're going to want to too schedule a practice that focuses on shooting. Whether it's short, close, middle, or a regular shoot around and could even make is specific to one player but the team still will get better overall as well. Same thing for defense, rebounds, blocks, low post offense or defense... Another example is I use the Bulls in Association and a couple of times I've noticed Joakim Noah not rebounding like he would or could and so I schedule a rebound and defense practice and put him as being the specific one for them.

Also in between look at your roster and you'll see if the players overall % is going up, down, or staying the same. If your not practicing or anything like that in-between games and your players overall ratings are going down then you might want to start, as well as doing the developmental practices where you get so many points a month and use them on specific players for specific drills.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:37 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Actually scheduling practice is just a temporary attribute boost for your team. and from my experience not scheduling practice does not make your players overall go down. Low team chemistry, low morale and injuries make your players overall go down.

Development drills give you permanent increases to player attributes.

With scheduling practices this is what i do:
Intense practice used for a 4 day period where you play/ game game off game / this way you maximize the attribute boost. Or you have/ game off off game /

Normal practice used for a 3 day period where you play/ game off game /

Light practice used for a 2 day period where you play/ game game /

Then just make sure the practices don't overlap. I stopped using practice because of the glitch, but since the patch fixed it its okay to use it now. I think CPU don't use practices and development drills so if you don't want an advantage don't use them.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj54
Actually scheduling practice is just a temporary attribute boost for your team. and from my experience not scheduling practice does not make your players overall go down. Low team chemistry, low morale and injuries make your players overall go down.

Development drills give you permanent increases to player attributes.

With scheduling practices this is what i do:
Intense practice used for a 4 day period where you play/ game game off game / this way you maximize the attribute boost. Or you have/ game off off game /

Normal practice used for a 3 day period where you play/ game off game /

Light practice used for a 2 day period where you play/ game game /

Then just make sure the practices don't overlap. I stopped using practice because of the glitch, but since the patch fixed it its okay to use it now. I think CPU don't use practices and development drills so if you don't want an advantage don't use them.
I think you're right.

I do think that practice increases team chemistry, though. But since he turned team chemistry off, it didn't seem all that helpful to say it. Lol.

I have scheduled two or three practices in 12 years of an Association, and my team has been fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »