Home

-BleedsBlacknGold's First & Final Pro level sliders-

This is a discussion on -BleedsBlacknGold's First & Final Pro level sliders- within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-27-2010, 01:14 AM   #1
Rookie

BleedsBlack&Gold's Arena

OVR: 0
-BleedsBlacknGold's First & Final Pro level sliders-

NEW FOR 2013 SEASON

I was one game away from throwing the game (NHL 11) out the window. Then I started from a different perspective, and tried to learn what each slider actually does. This is where I am. I really think these may be the sliders for yinz that have been having the most trouble, as I was in the same miserable boat until then.

For all the people unhappy with the game at this point due to crazy AI and whatnot, give these a try. It gave me a whole new game, and I can't be happier at this point. I see games that end 1-0, and games that end 8-5. all depends on the team, and the talent put forth. I'm really amazed. Good teams are a challenge, bad teams, not so much. Although I've seen a few surprises, as well. Seeing equal shot totals, and equal TOA as well. I've been outshot, and even been dominated before. And yet, NONE feel cheap.

Yes, its Pro skill level but I think it's where it needs to be. It may be too easy for ya, but give it a few games, and you may be surprised with what you see. These aren't a one game try thing. Try them over a period of 3-5 games and see where you are.

If this manages to help at least one other person, I'll be thrilled. I like to think I've saved someone else's game experience as well.

Rules
Skill: Pro
Period Length: 8 Minutes (your preference)
Penalties: max
Post Whistle Rules : authentic
Penalty Time Scaling: 5
Fighting: max
Shot Aim: Your preference. I've seen the argument that using auto evens the playing field with the fact the the AI gets those really cheap goals yinz know about.

General

Tuner Set Version: 1.07
CPU Aid: Hardcore
Broken Stick Frequency: 2
Game Speed: 1
Attribute Effects:3
Fatigue Effect: 4/4
Fatigue Recovery:2/2
Injury Occurrence: 4/4
Puck Control: 2/0
Player Acceleration: 2/1

AI

AI Learning: 0
CPU Difficulty Adjustment:0
CPU Strategy Adjustment: 3
Human Strategy Adjustment: 3
CPU Face Off Difficulty: 4
Fight Difficulty: 4
CPU penalties: max
CPU Team Mate Penalties: 5

Passing

Pass Assist: 4
Manual Passing: OFF (just feels muddy when on)
Pass Speed: 2
Saucer Pass Speed: 3
Pass Accuracy: 2/0
Pass Reception Ease: 0/0 (should be sloppy)
Pass Interceptions: 6/6 (same reason)

Shooting

Shot Accuracy: 2/0
Shot Power: 3/3
Slap Shot Accuracy: 1/0
Slap Shot Power: 4/3
One-Timer Accuracy: 2/0 (just too good for CPU)

Checking

Hitting Assistance: 1
Aggression: 5/5
Hitting Power: 2/2
Stick Lift Effectiveness: 2/2
Poke Effectiveness: 2/1

Goalies

Goalie Passing: 2
Goalie Cover Puck Frequency: 5
Goalie Screen Effect: 2/5
Goalie Reaction Speed: 5/2

I've seen that the way you play heavily affects the sliders, and how they work. If you shoot a lot, the AI will get more aggressive. If you start hitting a lot, the AI will too. The non-mentioned 'intimidation' factor is there, but it doesn't affect things as much as people seem to think it does. I've also seen, the AI sees every mistake you make, and WILL capitalize on it. Remember smart, defensive hockey. Don't take chances in your own end. It will NEVER end well. Remember, you not only have poke check. You can stick lift, and remember L1/LB, for the stick drag. These are key. Use every control you are given. On offense, remember the LS click button. The 'speed burst/hustle' button. From what I've seen, you won't win without it. The AI uses the hell out of it.

Last edited by BleedsBlack&Gold; 01-24-2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: NEW FOR 2013: recent changes (1/24) in red
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Rookie

Steve Danger's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: -BleedsBlacknGold's First & Final Pro level sliders-

You learned what all the sliders do, eh? Care to let the rest of us in on this knowledge? Because some of the slider explanations in-game are rather vague or worded strangely.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:10 PM   #3
Rookie

BleedsBlack&Gold's Arena

I'm not exactly 100 on exactly what they do, but I'm starting to see patterns in how certain sliders interact with certain things. Realizing now that I may sound like I know more than I do in the orig. post. I just figure patterns, that's all. :-)
Old 11-29-2010, 04:49 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsBlack&Gold
...If this manages to help at least one other person, I'll be thrilled. I like to think I've saved someone else's game experience as well ...
it seems that i'm that person

I decided yesterday morning to go for a last time to this boards for screening some other slidersets before throwing out this game from my window and hitting again my controller to the ground ...

found this one and want to thank you! till now I played 7 games. I startet with this sliders my Bolts franchise with a 3-2-2 record. i liked the outcoming of the games very much. I lost against a better team (Flyers) and a mediocre team (Panthers), controlled the weaker teams (Trashers twice and Islanders) and had some tough battles where I finally lost after shootout (Canadiens) and overtime (Stars).
of course I will use your set for at least 3 to 5 more games to see if I have finally found my sliderguru but till now I have found back my enjoyment for this game - thanks buddy!

greetings from switzerland

Last edited by nuBolt; 11-29-2010 at 05:10 AM.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:32 PM   #5
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4

First of all, THANK YOU! I, too, have been tooling with sliders for 2 months and almost gave up last night on all-star. These are playing fabulous and this is only my first game leading the Leafs 2 -0 after 2 periods and everything feels right. SOG 16 -14 me (Bruins). TOA is slanted towards me but I don't pay much attention to that. Pass Pct 76-72 me. I'll give you the final in a few minutes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
Rookie

BleedsBlack&Gold's Arena

More than happy to help! When I found the perfect ones, I felt as if i had to post them, b/c I knew there were others having the same issues that I was having. Love to hear it! I'm experimenting with raising the difficulty slider, but I'm in the middle of the playoffs in my BeaGM, and I'm not sure if there are already boosts in place for that reason. Trying to find that out. I've raised the slider by one though, for now, and it got much more challenging. I saw a cheap goal or two though, so not sure if that will be permanent. Like I said though, may just be that I'm in playoffs. Any more feedback is much appreciated. Always open to new ideas, and any questions you may have. :-)

EDIT: 73-75% in passing is a little high. if ya want a little more challenge, don't hesitate to throw on manual passing. I just don't b/c I can't really get the hang of the delay involved. (The fact that the pass happens when you LET OFF the trigger, not when pulled. Just can't master that.) ;-) I'd say lower pass acc. for both AI and CPU, but just by one. See where it is, and that may lower your percentage, plus it may help with the TOA always leaning on your side.

Last edited by BleedsBlack&Gold; 11-29-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OK, a 3-0 SO for Timmy Thomas The SOG were in favor of the cpu 25-22, Pass pct dead even 74-73 cpu (manual passing off was an epiphany) and I had a 1:00+ minute advantage on TOA. What's even more important is the Bruins handled the Leafs like they should. To give you an example of my frustration, I started this same game last night and was down 4-0 after two periods with the Leafs scoring THREE SHG on all-star. I believe you are right by saying this title needs to be played on Pro offline to remove the "tilt" in the higher levels. Plenty of room to grow for increasing cpu difficulty by increasing cpu goalie reaction time, cpu shot and accuracy, and cpu difficulty but for the next handful of games I'm leaving things as is. This is one 40+ veteran sports gamer that just got an early Xmas gift. Well done
Old 11-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #8
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

Yeah B&G, be careful of the playoff mode. I usually covet that mode but on all-star I only won one series. I won the cup on Battle for the Cup mode once which was neat but haven't found prolonged enjoyment in that mode. Maybe with these sliders, I will.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »