Home

Difficulty and game style in My Player.

This is a discussion on Difficulty and game style in My Player. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6
Difficulty and game style in My Player.

I switched to Superstar difficulty in my player and now my team (Heat) are terrible and are getting run out of the gym almost every game. Wade and LeBron can't do **** on offense anymore. Is there a way to make the games more competitive? It seems like I have to score 30+ to have any chance at winning.

Also what is the difference between Default and Simulation game style and can you change those slider settings?

And now with the patch the play calling, is there a way to make it so plays are called on like 70% of possessions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Difficulty and game style in My Player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyqua
I switched to Superstar difficulty in my player and now my team (Heat) are terrible and are getting run out of the gym almost every game. Wade and LeBron can't do **** on offense anymore. Is there a way to make the games more competitive? It seems like I have to score 30+ to have any chance at winning.

Also what is the difference between Default and Simulation game style and can you change those slider settings?

And now with the patch the play calling, is there a way to make it so plays are called on like 70% of possessions?
Ya unfortunatly it seems that the higher difficulty settings in my player just make your teammates terrible. It seems to me that team chemistry somewhat influences this at well but I'm not sure if that's true.

As far as simulation or default it's kinda just what it sounds like. Simulation makes it harder to drive, easier to turn ball over, all around less arcadish. I personally play simulation as it is more challenging than default. That way I can play on pro difficulty and my teammates are reasonably ok. No matter what though, don't expect shooting percentages to get in the 40s very often.

As far as auto plays the CPU is calling them 100 percent of the time. I believe they were also calling them 100 percent pre patch but without play art you had no idea where to be causing broken plays. So if you want to play that way I would just recommend going rogue and bust the play by calling for a pass.

Hope this helped.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:07 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

As you start winning games, your teammates get better. When you feel like you're doing really well against other teams, that'll probably be the right time to up the difficulty. I was on all star/sim for a long while before my Grizzlies started blowing out teams left and right. Then I upped to Superstar and it's been pretty close and fun games.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
As far as auto plays the CPU is calling them 100 percent of the time. I believe they were also calling them 100 percent pre patch but without play art you had no idea where to be causing broken plays. So if you want to play that way I would just recommend going rogue and bust the play by calling for a pass.
Not completely true. The CPU at least adjusted/reacted to what was going on pre-patch a lot more than now. For example, you could set a pick for the current ballhander and try to get something started. There was a lot more movement beforehand as well.

Now you pretty much have to follow a play to the letter to get anything going. After playing over 30 games in My Player, the change is immediately noticeable post-patch. Especially since I was the PG and was either calling plays or setting things up on-the-fly if a favorable mis-match occurred due to a bad defensive transition. I really can't do the latter anymore.

I'm also getting moved to SG a LOT more often post-patch, meaning a good portion of the game I can't even call the plays. And in this case, I run into the issues other people have in terms of having to run the play called to get anything moving even if the situation called for something else - I've had a couple fast break opportunities fizzle out because the PG decided to call a play coming up to mid-court that used to be run perfectly fine pre-patch. And these weren't cherry-picking opportunities either, just 2 guys running up the wings with a defender already back heading towards the basket.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »