Home

Need to vent....first time "venter"!

This is a discussion on Need to vent....first time "venter"! within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-20-2010, 03:08 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Need to vent....first time "venter"!

OK...sorry guys...everyone else seems to be able to vent, so it's my turn. I loved this game when it first came out. I had some solid balanced sliders that produced decent stats (however TOA seems to not have a solution).

Since the patch / latest tuner, these are issues that are extremely frustrating. If anyone can help, that would be great.

1 Puck Control. I have it at 0 for the CPU, yet they never lose it. The CPU skated all around my guys even though I kept poke checking (and the stick went THROUGH the puck), to no avail.

2 CPU is scoring at will now. The "weaker" players are playing like superstars for the CPU. I have attrib effect at 3 and see the same type of player that I did at attrib effect of 6. Soft shots go in from the blue line, yet my players can hardly get any point shots in. CPU has a habit of putting in 3 goals in the first period. This wasn't happening pre-patch.

3 What is with the magnet on the CPU's stick?? My pass interception slider is at 4. CPU is is at 1! But they can intercept any pass anywhere, but the puck just glides right by my players.

4 Why is it that players like Z Chara can slap shot a puck, but the defender standing 2 feet away can simply intercept the puck on his stick?

5 The HUM Strategy slider does not work. I'm on the penalty kill, and the CPU adjusts to FULL ATTACK?? Huh?? And that's assuming the slider actually works. I've gone whole games without the CPU making one adjustment (this is with the slider at max.)

6 I thought EA said they fixed the TOA and shots? I'm still out shooting the CPU and doubling, sometimes tripling, the CPU's TOA.

7 The goalies are still shooting the puck over the boards, passing the puck to the opposing team, playing the puck at the wrong times, and passing the puck up OVER the back of the net to the front for an open netter.

Anyone have any suggestions, advice, prayers, etc...anything to "fix" this game? I want to continue enjoying this game, but now finding myself turning this off around the 3rd period after I've had "enough" of these gameplay issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2010, 03:40 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Need to vent....first time "venter"!

I can help with 1 thing.... guessing based off your blackhawks avatar, is your goalie turco?
If so, theres your answer to number 7, go get yourself a real goalie.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:53 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 24

Umm......delete the patch and tuner?
Old 11-20-2010, 04:24 AM   #4
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Steven....Sega may have the best solution.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:50 AM   #5
Pro

Section_25's Arena

OVR: 13

I play offline modes only (with latest patch/tuner):

What skill level are you using ? I play on All-Star with very few slider tweaks. I keep the CPU difficulty slider around the middle, and I turn up the CPU aggression slider to max or one less, and I think I have it just about perfect for me. I do usually have more TOA (ie. They will have 4 min, and I will have 8 min.) but the shots are usually about even and I never really know which team will win.

NHL 11 has it's share of glitches, but overall the game is solid. Don't give up on it. Well not untill NHL 12 is released anyway. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2010, 11:35 AM   #6
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

My biggest gripe is user goalies for whatever reason can't cover up the puck especially when there's traffic in front. However, the CPU goalie covers up just fine, freezes the puck and doesn't allow and cheapies. I'd say about 85% of the CPU goals against we have to do with my goalie NOT covering up the puck and looking like a moron slapping the ice with his glove....So frustrating, especially after playing a good defensive game..
Old 11-20-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

like mentioned above, just delete the patch and get back to your settings prior to it.

for me, this game was unplayable before this last patch. now, i can actually enjoy it.. i see loose pucks from the cpu/human side of things. all in all, after 3 months of it being a mess for me, i finally like to get games in.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14
X
https://x.com/Fiddy14_

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 11-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #8
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
OK...sorry guys...everyone else seems to be able to vent, so it's my turn. I loved this game when it first came out. I had some solid balanced sliders that produced decent stats (however TOA seems to not have a solution).

Since the patch / latest tuner, these are issues that are extremely frustrating. If anyone can help, that would be great.

1 Puck Control. I have it at 0 for the CPU, yet they never lose it. The CPU skated all around my guys even though I kept poke checking (and the stick went THROUGH the puck), to no avail.

2 CPU is scoring at will now. The "weaker" players are playing like superstars for the CPU. I have attrib effect at 3 and see the same type of player that I did at attrib effect of 6. Soft shots go in from the blue line, yet my players can hardly get any point shots in. CPU has a habit of putting in 3 goals in the first period. This wasn't happening pre-patch.

3 What is with the magnet on the CPU's stick?? My pass interception slider is at 4. CPU is is at 1! But they can intercept any pass anywhere, but the puck just glides right by my players.

4 Why is it that players like Z Chara can slap shot a puck, but the defender standing 2 feet away can simply intercept the puck on his stick?

5 The HUM Strategy slider does not work. I'm on the penalty kill, and the CPU adjusts to FULL ATTACK?? Huh?? And that's assuming the slider actually works. I've gone whole games without the CPU making one adjustment (this is with the slider at max.)

6 I thought EA said they fixed the TOA and shots? I'm still out shooting the CPU and doubling, sometimes tripling, the CPU's TOA.

7 The goalies are still shooting the puck over the boards, passing the puck to the opposing team, playing the puck at the wrong times, and passing the puck up OVER the back of the net to the front for an open netter.

Anyone have any suggestions, advice, prayers, etc...anything to "fix" this game? I want to continue enjoying this game, but now finding myself turning this off around the 3rd period after I've had "enough" of these gameplay issues.
1. I've noticed a change in the Puck Control as well. The Cpu doesn't lose near as many pucks on crazy dekes and the puck definately feels more glued to their sticks.

2. I think this may be your sliders, because I don't have the Cpu scoring at will on me. In fact I actually upped my shot accuracy from 0 to 1 since the patch.

3. The Pass Interception slider definately seems broken.

5. Don't let the Cpu do your strategy is all I got to say to that.

6. This will never be fixed for anyone who plays D the way they should, because the Cpu Offensive AI is lame.

7. Again, I think this your slider settings, because I don't see this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »