Home

Eating my words on NBA JAM

This is a discussion on Eating my words on NBA JAM within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-18-2010, 11:07 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
Eating my words on NBA JAM

After getting over the first hour of fun bringing back some fond memories, I started to realize pretty fast the next hour or so that this isnt quite as good as I initially thought. There are things missing, key points that made the game fun and its kind of sad that its lost some of its flare in this version let me explain...

He's on FIRE!
undoubtebly one of the coolest things about jam is being on fire (its on the cover for crying out loud) This is to implicate that your player will virtually nail any shot from the opposite side of the court, old jam you would hit about on average 3 in a row almost garunteed, EA has stripped the fun off of this one of a kind feature, if youre on fire you will be lucky to drain 1 or 2. this isnt acceptable IMO. how can such a main feature be drained of its fun?

DUNK DUNK DUNK!
Yes the game is called nba JAM and yes dunking is the best part, BUT that seems to be the only consistent way of scoring, now dont get me wrong its supposed to be the core of your points especially from the Big guys. but the EA version seems to have basically made this a dunk or no dice game which is BS. You will almost never score on jump shots inside the key even if youre wide open, and are a great shooter. PATHETIC! 3pts have a little more give but not like the old days where u could bank on one of the skinny white guys to guide to the win if there D in the key was tight. that was old jam EA's feels more like lets see who gets the last dunk in the 4th, it kind of sours the game a bit. there has to be some strategy Arcade game or not. Dunking 24-7 gets old, Hopefully these so called "hot spots" come through, heres hoping.

Just my opinion, still a solid game and worth it for me but its not quite what it was unfortunately...

agree or disagree its your call
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
Rookie

bakerpa25's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Eating my words on NBA JAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
After getting over the first hour of fun bringing back some fond memories, I started to realize pretty fast the next hour or so that this isnt quite as good as I initially thought. There are things missing, key points that made the game fun and its kind of sad that its lost some of its flare in this version let me explain...

He's on FIRE!
undoubtebly one of the coolest things about jam is being on fire (its on the cover for crying out loud) This is to implicate that your player will virtually nail any shot from the opposite side of the court, old jam you would hit about on average 3 in a row almost garunteed, EA has stripped the fun off of this one of a kind feature, if youre on fire you will be lucky to drain 1 or 2. this isnt acceptable IMO. how can such a main feature be drained of its fun?

DUNK DUNK DUNK!
Yes the game is called nba JAM and yes dunking is the best part, BUT that seems to be the only consistent way of scoring, now dont get me wrong its supposed to be the core of your points especially from the Big guys. but the EA version seems to have basically made this a dunk or no dice game which is BS. You will almost never score on jump shots inside the key even if youre wide open, and are a great shooter. PATHETIC! 3pts have a little more give but not like the old days where u could bank on one of the skinny white guys to guide to the win if there D in the key was tight. that was old jam EA's feels more like lets see who gets the last dunk in the 4th, it kind of sours the game a bit. there has to be some strategy Arcade game or not. Dunking 24-7 gets old, Hopefully these so called "hot spots" come through, heres hoping.

Just my opinion, still a solid game and worth it for me but its not quite what it was unfortunately...

agree or disagree its your call
I just had an online game where everything u said happened haha! 20 3s 10 while on fire. (It wasnt me thou )Go online platy of this!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have no trouble hitting atleast 15 3s a game with nash.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:04 AM   #4
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

lmao..

i hit mid range j's with price all game..

i just had a game i did the same with Tony Parker..

sure, lots of dunks and 3's, but i have had a wide variety of games and its just as fun as years ago..
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14
X
https://x.com/Fiddy14_

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 11-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #5
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

I disagree on 3's, midrange jumpers, etc... There is a great variety of offense in the game. I have played enough games that this has been confirmed.

However, I will agree with the OP, they did mess up "on fire." This can't be disputed. And even though they did blow it, it doesn't bother me as the rest of the package is so strong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
MVP

bigball12's Arena

OVR: 12

Only thing that is really 'absent' is the lack of 'Team Fire'.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #7
Rookie

nolesfan69's Arena

Just picked up my copy today so I have to see for myself how
the "Being on Fire" is working. One thing though, maybe the
update coming in December might fix some of the issues that
the OP mentioned.

3 time ACC Champs- 2011, 2012 and 2015
1 time Orange Bowl Champs- 2011
National Champions - 2012
Bowl Games 5-2
Old 11-19-2010, 09:06 PM   #8
Rookie

yeah fire is way underpowered. if i get an open shot with nash while on fire, it should go in. I swear i miss more when I'm on fire with him than I do when he's not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »