Home

Worst Teammates in My Player

This is a discussion on Worst Teammates in My Player within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-17-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Worst Teammates in My Player

We all know there are some pretty bad teammates in My Player Mode. So i figured I'd start this thread. One teammate i personally despise is Kevin Martin. Im a point guard for the rockets and everytime I pass him the ball he jacks up a shot. Does anyone else have a teammate like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
#nouss

WyxHarmon's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Worst Teammates in My Player

When I was on the Grizzlies, I swear Conley would pass me the ball 2 times a game.
Ravens

73 - 72
Old 11-17-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
Pro

skeenz's Arena

OVR: 4

Devyn Harris constantly hogs the cheese and takes reckless shot for me with the Nets

NFL: Tennessee Titans
NBA: Toronto Raptors
MLB: Cincinatti Reds
NCAA: Who Else?
Old 11-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just about every teammate I've had in MyPlayer has been terrible.

A majority would do incredibly stupid things when they received the ball, whether it was passing up an open shot to drive into traffic and get blocked, jacking up contested 3's immediately, or unnecessarily posting up (I'm looking at you, point guards when guarded by centers...)
Old 11-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by strekedesire
Just about every teammate I've had in MyPlayer has been terrible.

A majority would do incredibly stupid things when they received the ball, whether it was passing up an open shot to drive into traffic and get blocked, jacking up contested 3's immediately, or unnecessarily posting up (I'm looking at you, point guards when guarded by centers...)
What difficulty are you playing on because I've found that the lower the diffifculty, the stupider the teammates. When i upped my difficulty my teammates made more intelligent basketball plays
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Gordon Heyward with the Jazz. I call him Gordy "Hey would you like me to chuck up a 3?". Every time he touches the ball, he puts up a 3 regardless of the situation.

It would be tolerable if he actually had a decent 3pt rating but it's like 60ish.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Gilbert Arenas.... shot 2/29 3 pointers in 2 games.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:35 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlandon
What difficulty are you playing on because I've found that the lower the diffifculty, the stupider the teammates. When i upped my difficulty my teammates made more intelligent basketball plays
I usually play on all-star or superstar. I don't like playing Hall of Fame because of the advantages the CPU opponent has at that level.

But interesting you've found that the lower the difficulty, the stupider the teammates. I've only experienced the opposite, where higher difficulties render CPU opponents god-like and CPU teammates increasingly stupider in relation to their intelligence on other difficulty levels.

On another note:

Does anyone else have a problem with teammates just standing around/jacking up a shot immediately when a play is broken? If the defense is reading the play properly (ie fronting the post) or the CPU teammate fails to use a screen properly and continually runs into the screen setter waiting for a gap to open, my teammates just stand in place. Its like they don't know anything to do on offense but that called play. They don't look for another option, they don't look for spaces to attack, and they don't move around off the ball to try to get open - they just stand in place, waiting, waiting, until the shot clock comes down to about 3 and they jack up a shot. I thought these problems were supposed to be fixed for 2K11...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »