Home

Idea: Be Your Teams 2010-11 Offseason GM

This is a discussion on Idea: Be Your Teams 2010-11 Offseason GM within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Lightbulb Idea: Be Your Teams 2010-11 Offseason GM

League News over at Dynasty Manager: Click Here!

Sick and tired of your team not making the right moves in the offseason for you team? Here is your chance to make those moves yourself.

My plan is to use nkrause's franchise file (thanks man for this great file). He took the liberty of going through the entire 2010 season making all of the moves and simmed out the world series with the Giants beating the Rangers 4 games to 1. So that is where the franchise file is at this point.

My plan is to have each one of you be your favorite teams GM for the 2010-11 offseason. I would have the only file on my PS3, but we would communicate through Operations Sports. I will make a Microsoft Excel sheet for each team, which will contain the roster at the end of the world series and all the contacts of each player on your team. You would have to decide if you want to resign a player or let him go. When free agent period would hit, you would submit your offer on OS and then I would put that offer into the game, and let you know the outcome. Wanna make a trade with another team, then contact the GM of that other team and offer the trade, then both of you would get back to me with the details of the trade.

This might be a pretty slow process, but I think it could make the time until 2011 comes out go by much faster. My plan would be to have the offseason done as soon as possible, and then copy the franchise file here to OS and people could download it and use their team, or any team for that matter.

Obviously it is going to be a lot of work on my part, so I only want guys who are going to stick with it throughout the entire process. I would be willing to start this as soon as today.

Ideally I would want one person controlling ever team, and I think that it would be smart to control your favorite that way you know the ins and outs of your organization. If push came to shove, one person could control two teams, but I would not allow those two teams to trade with each other, unless the trade received 2/3 favorable votes from the leagues GM's.

What does everyone think?? Any interest in this?? Maybe some other ideas?? Mods, is this okay to run here??

Madden 24: Follow my Vikes 'chise here!

Get off your knees blue, you're blowing the game!!

Last edited by cnelly4; 12-07-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Idea: Be Your Teams 2010-11 Offseason GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelly4
Sick and tired of your team not making the right moves in the offseason for you team? Here is your chance to make those moves yourself.

My plan is to use nkrause's franchise file (thanks man for this great file). He took the liberty of going through the entire 2010 season making all of the moves and simmed out the world series with the Giants beating the Rangers 4 games to 1. So that is where the franchise file is at this point.

My plan is to have each one of you be your favorite teams GM for the 2010-11 offseason. I would have the only file on my PS3, but we would communicate through Operations Sports. I will make a Microsoft Excel sheet for each team, which will contain the roster at the end of the world series and all the contacts of each player on your team. You would have to decide if you want to resign a player or let him go. When free agent period would hit, you would submit your offer on OS and then I would put that offer into the game, and let you know the outcome. Wanna make a trade with another team, then contact the GM of that other team and offer the trade, then both of you would get back to me with the details of the trade.

This might be a pretty slow process, but I think it could make the time until 2011 comes out go by much faster. My plan would be to have the offseason done as soon as possible, and then copy the franchise file here to OS and people could download it and use their team, or any team for that matter.

Obviously it is going to be a lot of work on my part, so I only want guys who are going to stick with it throughout the entire process. I would be willing to start this as soon as today.

Ideally I would want one person controlling ever team, and I think that it would be smart to control your favorite that way you know the ins and outs of your organization. If push came to shove, one person could control two teams, but I would not allow those two teams to trade with each other, unless the trade received 2/3 favorable votes from the leagues GM's.

What does everyone think?? Any interest in this?? Maybe some other ideas?? Mods, is this okay to run here??
I like this idea and always wanted to run a league like this.
I actually used to back in the old Front Page Sports('94 edition) and we had a great league.
That was back in the old AOL and "bulletin boards" days...so it should be much easier now.
As long as there is commitment(even minimal) ....it will be interesting.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 11-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
Pro

Is that a yes to being the GM of a team Knight?

Old 11-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

GM of Reds
Old 11-16-2010, 02:10 PM   #5
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

I'm interested for sure.

Just want to ask on some points.
-You'll take the GM offers for FA's and let the CPU decide(including CPU offers?)....
-You'll ask the other GM's about trades directly(we'll vote on CPU teams)

-How will you sim?....
-the off season?...daily?...a few days?...a week?...
-the next regular season? ...a week at a time?
-How will we handle injuries?...a preset formula(like a day to day will just stay active, but a 2-3 week automatically gets put on the 15 day...and a 2-3 month on the 60 day?
-How about depth charts and call up sheets...do you want one on hand to handle injuries..(say who gets put into the lineup due to injury...and who is the first players called up in the event of a 15/60 day DL?)
-How about signing FA's during season.....first come first serve?

-I would suggest posting the franchise file for guys to look at to start and then at the end of each sim period....it's easier to get a feel and look at than the spreadsheet(and less work)...

If we get a few guys at least...I'll take the miserable Mets.

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Count me in. Put me down for the Oakland A's please. Let me know.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:16 AM   #7
Pro

Ronstr's Arena

OVR: 9

Can I get the Giants?

Old 11-18-2010, 06:54 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'm interested for sure.

Just want to ask on some points.
-You'll take the GM offers for FA's and let the CPU decide(including CPU offers?)....
-You'll ask the other GM's about trades directly(we'll vote on CPU teams)

-How will you sim?....
-the off season?...daily?...a few days?...a week?...
-the next regular season? ...a week at a time?
-How will we handle injuries?...a preset formula(like a day to day will just stay active, but a 2-3 week automatically gets put on the 15 day...and a 2-3 month on the 60 day?
-How about depth charts and call up sheets...do you want one on hand to handle injuries..(say who gets put into the lineup due to injury...and who is the first players called up in the event of a 15/60 day DL?)
-How about signing FA's during season.....first come first serve?

-I would suggest posting the franchise file for guys to look at to start and then at the end of each sim period....it's easier to get a feel and look at than the spreadsheet(and less work)...

If we get a few guys at least...I'll take the miserable Mets.

M.K.
Knight165
First off, I thought that there would be more interest in this. I wanted 30 guys to sign up to do this that way we have every team accounted for.

My plan was to have people make contract offers for free agents and then I would plug those offers into the game and we would let the player decide which team to go to.

For trades, the two GM's would work out a trade on their own, and then both GM's would confirm the trade with me and I would put that trade into the game.

I would plan on simming the offseason daily, that way everyone could keep up with it. I really like your idea of loading the file after every simming period, which in this case would be daily. I started making a spreadsheet for the Orioles and it was taking way too long.

There was no plan to do this through the regular season of 2011. We were just going to the offseason and then I would load the final file right before spring training for everyone to download and use. But if there would still be interest in keeping this going into the season we could do that as well.

Right now it looks like we have about 5 guys. It would be nice to get 25 more.

Last edited by cnelly4; 11-18-2010 at 07:00 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »