Home

Passing is horrible!

This is a discussion on Passing is horrible! within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-11-2010, 06:05 PM   #1
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Passing is horrible!

The delay when playing online with the passing this year is horrible. I can't pass the puck when I want to but worst now the delay is so bad it makes me pass and push the puck a full 2 seconds later after my initial press of the button.

It was fine last year but now it is impossible to make a decent pass in this game with even the best passers in the game like Savard because of the extreme delay. The delayed movement online is killing the game. It's not my internet cause I have severely upgraded and only have this issue with EA sports games, NHL specifically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 06:10 PM   #2
Kbs
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Passing is horrible!

I really like the passing in this game. I'm hoping EA won't revert back to the insta-passes in the next NHL game. Not to mention, this delay you're talking about is barely anything at all and I have no issues with it when playing online.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9

I agree with the OP, I hate the manual passing, I wish they would let you turn it off for online...
Old 11-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs
I really like the passing in this game. I'm hoping EA won't revert back to the insta-passes in the next NHL game. Not to mention, this delay you're talking about is barely anything at all and I have no issues with it when playing online.
The insta pass was bad not because you could pass instantly but because of the ridiculous accuracy. I don't mind the accuracy being low, but just let me get rid of the puck in the direction I aimed when I want to. It is as if they reward the hit with a higher priority than the pass. How many times have you pressed the pass button right before the hit yet get no response. Too numerous to count if you ask me.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:48 PM   #5
Kbs
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
The insta pass was bad not because you could pass instantly but because of the ridiculous accuracy. I don't mind the accuracy being low, but just let me get rid of the puck in the direction I aimed when I want to. It is as if they reward the hit with a higher priority than the pass. How many times have you pressed the pass button right before the hit yet get no response. Too numerous to count if you ask me.
I'll be honest, I can't recall a time during a game where that's happened and made me think, "Wow, the passing is broken in this game".

I'll admit though, the new passing system has a flaw and that's when the puck goes towards you and the way the passing system is set up, you pass the puck backwards behind you. That has cost me a few goals where the puck goes behind me and the opponent picks it up and scores.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 11:30 PM   #6
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs
I'll be honest, I can't recall a time during a game where that's happened and made me think, "Wow, the passing is broken in this game".

I'll admit though, the new passing system has a flaw and that's when the puck goes towards you and the way the passing system is set up, you pass the puck backwards behind you. That has cost me a few goals where the puck goes behind me and the opponent picks it up and scores.
There is no reason for me to press pass or push the puck then have to wait a full 2 seconds before any pass or push the puck happens. The delay is way too long. Real players pass and swing at the puck without having to wait 2 seconds. we are unable to just swing at the puck realistically then at least let me push or at least pass when I want one. If they are gonna do it this way then fine give us a swing the stick at the puck option and not the one where you take the full slap shot. I mean just a soft swing where you just swing at it to a spot.

Like shooting it but anywhere on the ice not just outside the offensive zone. In the offensive zone it leads into shooting towards the net. There is no quick right stick move the puck any where you want ability. Everything is a delayed predetermined option. Hockey is not all predetermined. Not enough dynamic movement of the puck, way too static. I understand they want to show off their hit engine but make a guy earn his hit, don't stop me from making my pass just because you want to give someone a nice big over done hit animation.

The only way to quickly put to puck into open areas quickly is with the pass, Now if they are delaying it how else can I quickly move the puck.

Last edited by catcatch22; 11-11-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #7
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

Turn off manual passing and increase the pass accuracy
Old 11-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #8
Pro

Lordofthething's Arena

OVR: 9

You make great points, players move the puck FAST in the NHL, to have "load" your pass is simply unrealistic...hockey is about split second decisions...when I have to make a quick pass and just tap the pass trigger the passes aren't nearly fast enough

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »