Home

NBA 2K12 - A New Challenge?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 - A New Challenge? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-10-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
Rookie

Jim Jones's Arena

OVR: 5
NBA 2K12 - A New Challenge?

Would you like to see the "Challenge" mode continue next year? I really think it is a lot of fun -- even though I've only beat the Dominique challenge so far (only had the game 4 days)

I think they could probably scrape together enough stuff for a second Jordan challenge..but I would also be interested in say like, a Magic Johnson Challenge or something like that. What do you guys think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA 2K12 - A New Challenge?

Challenges are nice, but I really think that if 2K doesn't implement a new engine/system soon (physical, graphical...both?) this series will eventually go down. 2K11 got the gameplay almost perfect (minor tweaks and additions can make it even better), now it's time to upgrade the engine. And by the way, in my opinion, these challenges can continue to be nice only if it's more of a side-kick, just a little mode - NOT THE CENTER OF ATTENTION (especially marketing-wise). Just another little thing included with the game (like the dunk contest etc.). Otherwise, 2K will become the King of Gimmicks, which is a bad reputation for a sports game.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Old 11-10-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Personally for me I dont care for the challenge modes, but I know some do so i understand why they have them.
Yeah A new engine is something they probably will have to do in time but i will say this games court spacing and player movement is the best ever. For me a deeper association if possible ,lol, maybe try to add Dleague guys or atleast let us edit there names would be great. If this patch fixes all the bugs and they can get the fouls tweaked to see more loose balls,reaching and mid to longe range fouls I doubt I will need to buy another NBA game for a long while becasue modes like my player and jordan just dont interest me at all.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

A new challenge doesn't have to be Jordan-centered.

I've said this in the Wishlist post, but I'll say it again here. Adding the championship and the runner up teams from as many years as possible would most likely satisfy just about everyone. It's way more ambitious than the All Pro Football and 2K11 signings were, but you can all imagine the possibilities and endless amount of time you'd play with the game and all the "what-if" scenarios (94 Rockets vs 96 Bulls; 01 Lakers vs 08 Celtics; etc.)

Challenges can be made from certain matchups that actually happened or in some kind of tournament mode.

And I agree with whoever posted about the engine/graphics upgrade. Both are nice as is, but an update is due. The other game's movement (10, not 11) still felt better than 2K11.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:33 PM   #5
Greatest caddie ever!

youvalss's Arena

OVR: 42

All I'm saying is that another title with the same engine (or whatever you want to call it) is going down. Not because the graphics are that bad or the most important thing, but because the game has had pretty much the same graphics since 2K9, with some lighting upgrades and some tweaks to the player models.

If 2K wants to sell another 2 million coppies next year, they must upgrade the game. It's pretty much now or never. We already know how great 2K is with the little things and the gameplay, but in my opinion 2K11 is at the highest point they can get without a real upgrade to the engine.

2K12 with more tweaks to the gameplay/lighting/Association/challenges etc., in my opinion, is ok - but not for $60. After 2K11, it's going to take much more than that.

ZX Spectrum
CPU: Z80 @ 3.5 MHz
GPU: Monochrome display
RAM: 48 KB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 03:04 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

My idea would be instead of having it based just on one player, have ten different challenges from ten different players. Like you could have one from Magic, one from Kobe, one from Dr. J, one from Malone, and whoever else they choose to pick.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:24 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

I don't think they should bother changing the engine in this generation I don't that consoles have the power to give better graphics etc.
nba2k11 is a fine game more challenges or teams or new modes will be welcome.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:24 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 0

they definately have the power to do more. it's still the engine of 2006...so with a new one the game will look much better. just look at nba live 06...I know I know...but the graphics were great but it was just to early...I think both have a lot more power (PS3 and 360) just look at uncharted or gran turismo...and the "pro" on an nba game is, you don't have to create an open world...so a new engine is neccessary...just remember the ps2 time...when live 2002 or 2k2 was out I thoght "WOW" but two or three years later...the graphics were way better...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »