Home

player progression

This is a discussion on player progression within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
player progression

I am new to this game but really enjoy be a GM mode. My only question is: How do players progress in this game? I did see a progression section but never see the player's rating go up or down???? I also see that players get experience points after the game but never see how to use them. I hope someone can give me the run down on how this all works.

The other question i have is: I thought I saw that you had to edit lines to help them "gel" as a team?? I see none of this in Be a Gm mode?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: player progression

Progression of players during the season was being stopped by a bug (capped XP at 1500 points), but the new patch is addressing this. Players do progress after the season (though, for my liking, not enough). I do not think you can actually "spend" the XP, but (under training, I think) you can direct the emphasis.

I don't think the chemistry with lines is in BeAGM. I believe this is just HUT (which sucks - I would love this in BeAGM).
Old 11-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
Progression of players during the season was being stopped by a bug (capped XP at 1500 points), but the new patch is addressing this. Players do progress after the season (though, for my liking, not enough). I do not think you can actually "spend" the XP, but (under training, I think) you can direct the emphasis.

I don't think the chemistry with lines is in BeAGM. I believe this is just HUT (which sucks - I would love this in BeAGM).
GlennN is correct on both points. If you're playing on the Xbox 360, the patch fixing the BeAGm XP bug will be released this coming Friday morning(Nov. 12th). The patch should work for your BeAGm career already in progress, but I can't 100% guarantee that.
TCR - "Choo Choo" - Fwd/D - #24
Old 11-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6

players do progress but they progress with their stats

players who perform well get more XP which then is alloted to their ratings automatically

then depending on their Potential rating(which can be viewed on their player card) determines how many points they move up during and after the season
Old 11-17-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
Rookie

Did the new patch address the progression issue?

I do a Be A GM where I draft a lot of young players and develop them and then try to manage who to keep. Obviously a glitch that doesn't let them grow is quite annoying. Just wondering if the patch actually did as it was supposed to before I go drafting another team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

i started my BaGM after the roster update (11/3), patch and tuner v.2. started with drafts and like you, i went methodically in selecting my rookies. unfortunately, most of these rookies even if made an offer (contract) and they accepted it, you cannot play them in you AHL team yet. i dont know if i did somethign wrong or what.....

so i simmed the whole season, and yes the XP 1500 bug was addressed. many players progressed more than 3 pts and few more than 8-10. but the rookies i selected seem didnt improved but now in the new season i can assign them to AHL.

how i wish you could already put your rookies that you just selected from the draft in you AHL team and start playing AHL game and see the developments.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:36 PM   #7
Rookie

i have players that have 1500+ in xp points and no results?? Im confused how this works. It is Sid the Kid though
Old 11-17-2010, 10:52 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
i started my BaGM after the roster update (11/3), patch and tuner v.2. started with drafts and like you, i went methodically in selecting my rookies. unfortunately, most of these rookies even if made an offer (contract) and they accepted it, you cannot play them in you AHL team yet. i dont know if i did somethign wrong or what.....

so i simmed the whole season, and yes the XP 1500 bug was addressed. many players progressed more than 3 pts and few more than 8-10. but the rookies i selected seem didnt improved but now in the new season i can assign them to AHL.

how i wish you could already put your rookies that you just selected from the draft in you AHL team and start playing AHL game and see the developments.
I actually did three years of a dynasty with a team like that. It was done before the glitch so a lot of my young players didn't progress as much as they should have.

I was able to keep all of my players, and was eventually able to assign them to the AHL.

In most cases the players that weren't eligable for AHL play were junior players like Seguin, Hall and Eberle. I simmed through the seasons in which they weren't on my AHL team and found that at the end of the year they were eligable to play starting the next season. They also progressed multiple overall points in this time even though they weren't visably doing so.

Even though most of my players were given offer sheets I was able to obtain them by signing them before they tested the market. Eventually I wanted to take some of these deals because the players had grown so much that i couldn't afford them, but by letting them go I was compensated with a lot of picks.

It's a really interesting way to play the game, makes the GM mode very active.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »