Home

after the patch....goalie issue?

This is a discussion on after the patch....goalie issue? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
after the patch....goalie issue?

just played a 20 min period game using the patch. never saw this before the patch but counted it and saw it 7 times in the one game.

my goalie goes behind the net to play the puck, passes it out, and the goalie gets stuck behind the net. keeps trying to skate forward "through" the back of the net. they scored two goals on this as my goalie was out of the net and was stuck behind it and I got 1 this way.

maybe others had it before the patch? but I never saw it before this afternoon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: after the patch....goalie issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nystyle
just played a 20 min period game using the patch. never saw this before the patch but counted it and saw it 7 times in the one game.

my goalie goes behind the net to play the puck, passes it out, and the goalie gets stuck behind the net. keeps trying to skate forward "through" the back of the net. they scored two goals on this as my goalie was out of the net and was stuck behind it and I got 1 this way.

maybe others had it before the patch? but I never saw it before this afternoon.
I've hardly ever seen the goalie go behind the net ever... so you seeing him go behind the net 7 times in one game is pretty strange... but I suppose it could happen. As far as him getting stuck, well that's a bug no matter which way you look at it
Old 11-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

It's not a "post" patch issue, it's just a game issue period. I posted about this pre-patch in the bugs thread. It's terrible Goalie AI this year. Several times as well my goalie goes behind the net, and sometimes passes the puck of the back boards, which then goes over the net, and drops to the front for an open net.

I also love when my goalie stops the puck along the boards...I skate down to him, and instead of a soft pass to me, he darts the puck around me and either down the ice or to the opposing player. Goalies are pretty bad this year. Not sure why they became worse from last year.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
It's not a "post" patch issue, it's just a game issue period. I posted about this pre-patch in the bugs thread. It's terrible Goalie AI this year. Several times as well my goalie goes behind the net, and sometimes passes the puck of the back boards, which then goes over the net, and drops to the front for an open net.

I also love when my goalie stops the puck along the boards...I skate down to him, and instead of a soft pass to me, he darts the puck around me and either down the ice or to the opposing player. Goalies are pretty bad this year. Not sure why they became worse from last year.
It maybe that by your avatar that you are using the blackhawks and with Turco in net his puck play frequency is extremely high in the 90's, way higher than most goalies thus making him very susceptible to bad plays since he flies out to play any puck that is near him. Since the goalies are given bad control and movement their passes lead to lots of bad plays. Brodeur and DiPietro are also very similar.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Yup,...

I have experimented with the edit player attributes sliders,....and they can be "fixed" by making adjustments to their attributes in the edit player area.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 01:45 AM   #6
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

So far, I've never had my goalie or the cpu's get caught up behind the net.

Sounds like I've been lucky to this point. Hopefully the coming tuner will address this issue.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcatch22
It maybe that by your avatar that you are using the blackhawks and with Turco in net his puck play frequency is extremely high in the 90's, way higher than most goalies thus making him very susceptible to bad plays since he flies out to play any puck that is near him. Since the goalies are given bad control and movement their passes lead to lots of bad plays. Brodeur and DiPietro are also very similar.
This has happened with a lot of different teams. I lowered Turco's puck playing down to 80. And it's not so much him playing the puck behind the net (which is fine because they do in the NHL), it's the AI of the Goalie when he tries to pass the puck. Playing behind the net means you pass the puck left or right, not up over the net.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #8
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

Well that has always been a problem, like I said they give goalies poor control, movement, passing and all basic puck decision making. Which makes them make real bad plays that lead to easy goals. Whether controlled by a human or the AI.

In years pas playing against Turco and DiPietro were sure fire ways to get easy goals since you knew they would come flying out to play the puck and somehow they would make a bad pass or get stuck behind the net. This is not something new.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »