Home

Do you have to knock someone down to get a HIT?

This is a discussion on Do you have to knock someone down to get a HIT? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Do you have to knock someone down to get a HIT?

I'm asking because I got 110 games under my EASHL belt but a B- grade which needs to become a B so I can get my precious Superstar points!!

My Teamwork grade is C+ which is BS cause I'm super duper defender team player man, but whatever.

I have read somewhere that HITs do wonders for your teamwork stat, but my current build is not strong enough to knock people off their feet... I can knock them off the puck and stagger them, but usually they don't actually fall down.

So my question is, do those still get counted as hits or do I need to tweak my PRO to actually level people?

And is what I heard true, regarding HITs and Teamwork grade being related?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2010, 12:09 AM   #2
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Do you have to knock someone down to get a HIT?

If I recall, a hit constitutes knocking someone off the puck. Merely finishing a check isn't going to register a hit, nor will initiating contact. You're better off focusing on assists and passing and not taking long shifts.

Last edited by Broncos86; 11-10-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:39 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
If I recall, a hit constitutes knocking someone off the puck. Merely finishing a check isn't going to register a hit, nor will initiating contact. You're better off focusing on assists and passing and not taking long shifts.
Its EASHL so shifts aren't really a factor... I try to pass and get assists but that usually just helps my Stats not my team play. I'll try the hitting thing tonight and see what happens.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:25 AM   #4
Rookie

KraZe's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
Its EASHL so shifts aren't really a factor... I try to pass and get assists but that usually just helps my Stats not my team play. I'll try the hitting thing tonight and see what happens.
Even completing passes on its own brings your Team Play up... Be careful though, cause turnovers and giveaways kill it pretty quickly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »