Home

Free Kicks Problems

This is a discussion on Free Kicks Problems within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-08-2010, 04:42 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Icon8 Free Kicks Problems

Is anyone else having a problem with Free kicks? Ive only scored about 2 in over 200 matches on world class.

In Fifa 10 they were to easy, now they seem to hard. Ive watched the tutorial video's. I press up on the left stick then hit around 2 and a half bars of power when im about 28 yrds out but it always seems to go over the bar and if i put less power on it then it doesn't even clear the wall. Then when i do get one on target, the GK almost always saves it.

What is the key is getting them right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Free Kicks Problems

Scoring on free kicks depends a lot on who your free kick taker is. Players with higher power ratings mean that you have to put a little less power (around half on the power bar) on the shots for the curve to take full effect and those with less power mean you must add a little more power (close to 3/4) for them to clear the wall and work the keeper. So a huge part of being good at free kicks is knowing the player that you use to take them. In a CM I can score around 75% of my free kicks with RvP and then I can go online and be a different team and because the taker is different I am not quite as good at them. As a starting point though what I tend to do most often is aim just to the side of the wall you wish to bend the ball around. Then if I am bending the ball from off-target back on target I tend to keep the joystick between 11 and 12 (on a clock) and 12 and 1 depending on footedness, and if the ball is starting on frame and bending away I tend to keep the joystick at 10 or 2 depending on footedness. Hopefully this helps.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:03 AM   #3
Rookie

floridagatorfan's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Free Kicks Problems

Practice in the arena until you get the hang of it.

The player you use is obviously important as well.

What I tend to do is from 20 to about 28 yards I hold the left stick up and to the right/left depending on which side the free kick is. By doing this you don't have to worry as much about the power and instead can just bend it around.

I find having a guy that is high in curve and free kick accuracy is the most important from this distance.

Anything 30+ has a lot of luck involved in making it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »