Home

Player Retirement/ HOF Question

This is a discussion on Player Retirement/ HOF Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 13
Player Retirement/ HOF Question

So this may be a bit obscure and only the franchise nichers will have an answer, but what rules do players go by on what teams they elect to retire with? For example, London Fletcher retires and makes the Hall of Fame in my franchise. He ended his career with my Redskins, who he won a superbowl with. He played 5 years here, 5 in Buffalo, and the rest of his career in STL. Instead of retiring with the Skins or even STL (who he also won a superbowl with), he retires with Buffalo. It seems strange. TO retired in San Fran and entered the HOF as a 49er.

In short, what rules govern the Hall of Fame? If I draft an A potential QB, then trade him, if he goes on to have a great career, will he retire as a Skin? Again, I know this is probably a question for the hardcore franchise guys, but I'm a bit curious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
Rookie

Niekro4President's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Player Retirement/ HOF Question

I don't have an answer for you, but for further information TO went in as a Niner in my franchise, but did not play on the Niners at all in my franchise.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niekro4President
I don't have an answer for you, but for further information TO went in as a Niner in my franchise, but did not play on the Niners at all in my franchise.
Well he played on the 49ers for the majority of his career. How did he not play on them at all in your franchise? He was drafted by them.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm pretty sure it's whichever team the HOF'er played for the longest.

NHL: Blackhawks
MLB: White Sox
NFL: Bears
NCAAFB: Notre Dame & Colorado
Old 11-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #5
Rookie

Niekro4President's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meast21Forever
Well he played on the 49ers for the majority of his career. How did he not play on them at all in your franchise? He was drafted by them.

As in, he never played for my team starting in 2010. My personal franchise. Not the historical franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2010, 01:22 AM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sort of Irish
Hmm.. I suppose that could be it. Fletcher played 5 years for both the Bills and the Skins. I want to figure it out for sure, but I'm not a sim guy. I play every game so I've got a ways to go before I can test it for sure.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:53 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sort of Irish

Not necessarily true in real life. Reggie White was an Eagle for 8 seasons (85-92) and a Packer for 6 (93-98) but went in as a Packer if I'm not mistaken.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:37 AM   #8
Rookie

havokeff's Arena

OVR: 3

In real life, if a player has played for multiple teams, he chooses which team to go into the Hall under.

In Madden, it is whichever team he played for longest. If it is tie as far a seasons go, it may come down to actual games played on the particular teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »