Home

Updated Franchse File: After World Series

This is a discussion on Updated Franchse File: After World Series within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Updated Franchse File: After World Series

I took the liberty of using the franchise file that Hustlin Owl supplied with the v. 4 Roster Update and went through the season, making all of the roster moves, injuries, trades, signings, etc. I got all the way into September and had to do some major work to get the proper teams into the playoffs (which I managed to do). Even though the records will be off, I did end up getting the Giants and Rangers in the series -- even with the matching 4-1 series record. The save picks up right after the final game is played. Feel free to mess with the sliders and gameplay options as you see fit. I hope you enjoy it.

Download Franchise File
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Updated Franchse File: After World Series

Thats awesome man! Just what I was looking for, going to start my offseason with the Jays. That must have taken you forever to get the playoffs to match real life. How many season did you have to sim to finally get it to work out. The AL East is actually almost dead on RL. My Jays have 87 wins instead of 85, close enough for me. Thanks for all the work. Did you just sim over and over until is worked out? or did you use some other method to get the matchups?
Old 11-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
Banned

Only slight problem that I see with this franchise file is that some all star players retired in the off season because of injury. Notable players being Pedroia, Nathan, Strasburg and Ordonez. A simple fix is to just manually remove injuries before you begin the offseason. This will fix the Injury retirement issue, though in real life I wouldn't be suprised is Dustin McGowan retired due to injury. Don't know if he will ever play big league ball again.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

Do you possibly have another save on your system that starts *before* game 1 of the World Series so people can play it from the start
Old 11-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks for the reminder about the injury thing. I will go through and double check that before I continue playing.

What my process ended up being was simulating all the way until September. Then, to get it right, I had to start fiddling around with games meaning I started playing them, simmed to the ninth and maybe fix a game or two (or twenty) to get the desired outcome. It took only a season to do... so you're getting the first trial run. An issue I noted in the postseason, however, is that the game gives home field advantage to the team with the higher record, no matter the "placing" -- ie Yanks got home field during the ALCS. I figured the game would recognize that they were the WC, but I guess not. No problem though... it still worked out.

DodgerFanatic2K3, funny you mention that. I have saves after every month and will post the pre-postseason soon. -- However, I do not have one that is right before the World Series. Sorry about that.

UPDATE: You can download the before playoff franchise file here.

Last edited by nkrause; 11-07-2010 at 01:01 AM. Reason: added franchise file download link
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2010, 01:25 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrause
Thanks for the reminder about the injury thing. I will go through and double check that before I continue playing.

What my process ended up being was simulating all the way until September. Then, to get it right, I had to start fiddling around with games meaning I started playing them, simmed to the ninth and maybe fix a game or two (or twenty) to get the desired outcome. It took only a season to do... so you're getting the first trial run. An issue I noted in the postseason, however, is that the game gives home field advantage to the team with the higher record, no matter the "placing" -- ie Yanks got home field during the ALCS. I figured the game would recognize that they were the WC, but I guess not. No problem though... it still worked out.

DodgerFanatic2K3, funny you mention that. I have saves after every month and will post the pre-postseason soon. -- However, I do not have one that is right before the World Series. Sorry about that.

UPDATE: You can download the before playoff franchise file here.
The glitch with the higher record has been in the show forever. Hopefully the Devs fix this for next year. At least they added the one game playoff if teams are tied this year. Last year they just used some tiebreaking formula to determine the playoff teams. Noticed that alot of the contracts were wrong, not true to life. Example, in the Show Wells has a 4 year 20 Mill contract when in reality he signed a 7 year $126 Mill contract extension in 2006. I wonder if alot of contracts are way off the real thing. Takes away alot of realism from the game.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #7
Rookie

Good to know about the record glitch, and yeah, I agree with the contract thing. I bumped the bidding on Lee up so that the Yanks had a huge bid that wasn't going to get overbid since the highest was like 5 years, 60 million. I'd also like to see 1 year deals with an option (since we can't do that now).
Old 11-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #8
Rookie

SFGiantsFan22's Arena

Is this posted on sportsconnect?

SF Giants,NY Jets,North Carolina Tarheels,NY Islanders

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »