Home

Freezing...more and more...unplayable today

This is a discussion on Freezing...more and more...unplayable today within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-06-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4
Freezing...more and more...unplayable today

Hi all, I'm so upset. I tried searching a little here, but I'm too frustrated right now. I've dealt with playing games that stick on the loading screen (but it lets you edit the starters) over and over. It seems to come and go. I hit the PS button and have to go through the whole game loading screen. It's rediculous. It seems to have left me for a while. I played 3 season games last night and 2 my player games without issue. I'm in the middle of Feb with the Celtics in the season and my next two are against the Lakers and Heat. Great place to call it a night and leave for another day.

Today, I load up the the Laker game. I end the first quarter and the screen goes black (no upcoming NBA preview) and sits there. The PS button doesn't work. Have to manual restart. Reload and then it hangs on the game loading screen prior to my game. Restart. Get it going and it freezes after the first qtr ends again. Same black screen. Manual restart. Fourth attempt. End the first qtr and it goes black again. I just reload and let the cpu sim it (loss of course). I go to the heat game, hang on the game load screen. Get the heat game going a second time, play the first qtr and it ends, I hear the crowd, but it's the frozen black screen. I give up. I spent almost two hours playing a few first quarters, but mostly resetting.

Any suggestions? I'm ready to trade the damn thing in on something else. I'm on a PS3 60 if that's any consellation, but I don't see purchasing a new PS3 to play a game.

Thanks for replies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Freezing...more and more...unplayable today

i do think it has something to do with your fat cause same thing happened to me played it on a slim and it worked fine
Old 11-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Try simming up to the all star game and that should stop the freezing after the 1st qtr.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

the freezing issue is driving me mad as well, in all modes but especially my player, how am i suppose to feel playing full length games and then finding out at the very end that the game will freeze and i have to replay all over again. i know i can save at the end but the point is i shouldnt have to, it's been a month and 2k hasnt even commented on their freezing issue, it's unacceptable.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #5
Banned

gmcrb28's Arena

OVR: 9

hope i dont jinx myself but i have dealt with little to none freezing. im on the 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 3

My game is freezing as well every time am trying to load my association.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Just an update...I simmed until after the AS game. I downloaded the new roster. I played 2 games today. Only one hung on the game loading/edit lineup screen. Both games played well. Who knows if this works (simming past as game and/or downloading new rosters), but either way, this game freezes more than the water in my ice tray.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #8
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

PS3 80gig fatty.

32 games into my association. Bite my tounge not one issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »