Home

PES to ever see full FIFA licensing?

This is a discussion on PES to ever see full FIFA licensing? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
Banned

tKlausEffect's Arena

OVR: 1
PES to ever see full FIFA licensing?

I can assure whoever reads this that this is in no way going to be a debate between PES and EA's FIFA. I have owned FIFA 11 since it's release and think that it is a great game. I recently picked up PES2011 for a change of pace however. PES2011 plays a damn good game of soccer in terms of pacing and setting up an attack and has amazing visuals. The lack of club licensing is disturbing though. Is there any hope of PES receiving a full FIFA license or has the monopoly that is EA Sports strangled all hope?

I believe that with full club licensing, PES2011 would be the best sports game on the market (...and yes, better than NBA2K11). I have heard of a way to download option files for PS3, I am sure there is a post regarding that but any suggestions on where to find those option files would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES to ever see full FIFA licensing?

I never understood why people made such a big fuss about club licenses. I would never want PES to turn into FIFA in this aspect. I mean, is having real club logos and real player names worth it if they all play EXACTLY the same? There is no real discernible difference between any player in FIFA tbh, except those popular ones, but they are only a handful.

Speaking of licenses, Champions League, Europa League, UEFA Super Cup, Copa Libertadores, all the cups in correct format (just have to change their logos and names, a painless process).

People act like PES is totally generic and FIFA has everything. They have logos, logos which can be implemented rather easily
Old 11-05-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tKlausEffect
I have heard of a way to download option files for PS3, I am sure there is a post regarding that but any suggestions on where to find those option files would be appreciated.
Here's a site that basically gets OFs from all the major pes sites (winningelevenblog, pesfan, etc...)

http://www.pes-patch.com/category/pes-2011-ps3

That's the ps3 section, but click over to the PC section to see the great things that can be done!
Old 11-05-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tKlausEffect
I can assure whoever reads this that this is in no way going to be a debate between PES and EA's FIFA. I have owned FIFA 11 since it's release and think that it is a great game. I recently picked up PES2011 for a change of pace however. PES2011 plays a damn good game of soccer in terms of pacing and setting up an attack and has amazing visuals. The lack of club licensing is disturbing though. Is there any hope of PES receiving a full FIFA license or has the monopoly that is EA Sports strangled all hope?

I believe that with full club licensing, PES2011 would be the best sports game on the market (...and yes, better than NBA2K11). I have heard of a way to download option files for PS3, I am sure there is a post regarding that but any suggestions on where to find those option files would be appreciated.
Lol Its funny when I heard this because PES is literally a change of pace compared to Fifa's back and forth fast break style. But anyway, let me get back to the original topic, I dont think PES will ever have the amount of licenses as Fifa but its not really that big a deal to me as option files can always be implemented. Now if you somehow cannot get access to an option file then that would be a problem. Its like how All Pro Football 2k8 was better than Madden that year but it didnt show in sales. Nobody wants to play with fake teams.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:29 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

PES doesn't really need official licenses, as the editing community can more than compensate.

The one thing Konami could do, however, is listen more intently to the editing community and not hamstring it. For instance, if you're going to provide blank teams that can be overwritten, make sure that you match up the number of blank teams with the same number of importable emblems (Konami failed to do this again this year). And keeping kit templates up-to-date would help a lot, as well (it was done on last-gen versions).

It's surprising how ham-handed Konami can be on the editing front at times, since they have to understand that the quality of editing options is crucial to their sales.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2010, 05:17 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 4

I heard that there is an option to allow you to import team names as commentary audio in PES 2011. How good is this?

You'll find the option files on the PESFan forum.

PES is actually in a better position licence wise if you don't mind importing an option file to add real team kits/names/emblems as the Champions League, Europa League, UEFA Super Cup, Copa Libertadores provide a level of authencity that can't be replicated in Fifa because there isn't any way of re-naming tournaments, importing balls, importing ad boards, etc.. unless you have the PC version.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #7
Banned

tKlausEffect's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks for the link, Texasfan. Actually, the freedom to completely customize PES is definitely nice. I tried playing FIFA a little bit yesterday and found that the more I play PES the more ridiculously fake FIFA seems. Again, a big thanks for the links to some of those option files!
Old 11-08-2010, 01:25 PM   #8
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't think there's any realistic argument that PES 11's licenses are "better" than FIFA 11's. Yes, Champions League presentation is VERY cool and I love how it is implemented into Master league (including different menu graphics and music). But without the community-generated option files, you would have only 2 of the 20 EPL teams and other entire leagues missing from the game. Even if you don't have real players, people would still want to play Master League with real teams.

The option files are great, but requiring it to be done with a PC and transfer kit means that about 15% of the people who would be interested in using them are able to overcome the technological hurdle to doing so. If there were a 2k Share-like feature in PES, there would be much more content that people could enjoy, though, I've heard some people point out that the file sizes are quite large.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »