Home

Anyone else notice small glitches get worse deeper into franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Anyone else notice small glitches get worse deeper into franchise mode? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Anyone else notice small glitches get worse deeper into franchise mode?

Im in my 11th season with my Blue jays franchise.We all know about the small base running mistakes and such but since about the 2016 season i have noticed more little things popping up like the following.

When i steal now, if the batter swings(doesnt matter if its a miss, or a hit) the base stealer will stop and start running back.But for some reason i can have a 100% succsess rate like this because if i turn back to 2nd,wait for the throw,hit back to 1st then instantly back to 2nd,the 2nd basemen will throw it all the way back to the first basemen and then he holds it.

Pickoffs are a real problem. When a pitcher throws over my play will slide back to the bag and either slow down to slow motion(and not just the close play thing)or the frame rate gets all jumpy and he will hang or skip in mid animation for a few seconds.This leads to alot of pickoffs and the pitcher pickoff rating doesnt affect it at all.

Alot of times im seeing now players throwing the ball in from the outfield on a base hit and it wont goto anyone it just hits off the wall and sits there and the baserunner can easily get an inside the parker like this,no error is given.It also seems that if i score as the outfielder is throwing the ball it happens 100% of the time.

This next one is the strangest of them all.We all know how their are virtually no errors in the game(very very rarley a ball will hit an outfielder in the head)
Well all the sudden i am seeing them at a more regular rate.Had 2 in one game a couple of times.Most are outfielders dropping balls or misplaying them or 1st basemen getting pulled of bags.Once as i scored a run from third with a fielders choice,the other teams shortstop threw the ball over the 1st basemens head into the stands.(More then likely a glitch because i could have advanced the 1st basemen all the way home,but after waiting like 15 seconds it went to the next batter)

Last edited by SphillyBG; 11-03-2010 at 11:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Anyone else notice small glitches get worse deeper into franchise mode?

The general consensus on this board is that franchise mode is broken and basically unplayable after the first season for a multitude of reasons.

It's great to see you are 6 years into yours and have had fun with franchise but all I've been able to do without pulling my hair out is play the 2010 season and try to get the achievements for making the playoffs, winning the World Series, etc. All we can hope for is that 2k fixes a lot of these glitches to make franchise better in 2k11.

PSN: FREExBEER
Old 11-04-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Im actually 11 seasons in.Its a pain in the arse but what i do is pick 4 teams in each league with a system i developed and go and fix all the tendencies/stats for their players at the begining of each season.This way i get realistic stats and such for them and its much more of a challange.It doesnt bother me too much takes like 4-6 hours though which is rediculous that i even have to do it.
Player progression is completly broken so i just do it myself.Takes a lot of time but now with pretty much all the real players retired i just create 4 super teams in each league prior to a new season and play it out(i dont play all the games sim alot of them).I use to hate franchise mode never touched it for the first 5 months i had the game.My player mode really started getting boring so i started this and ended up goin this far with it.
All the glitches really used to bother me i was pulling my hair out too.But i found ways to get around alot of them.You just gotta regulate yourself its too easy if you let yourself trade the way the game is setup same with signing players.When signing players i always pay them based off what there rating/stats are relative to what the goin rate is in real life(increased a little because the teams payroll goes up every year 5mil).Trading i just make sure it is a trade that would actually happen,not trade 3 ok players for a HOFer.

Last edited by SphillyBG; 11-04-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:51 PM   #4
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphillyBG
Im actually 11 seasons in.Its a pain in the arse but what i do is pick 4 teams in each league with a system i developed and go and fix all the tendencies/stats for their players at the begining of each season.This way i get realistic stats and such for them and its much more of a challange.It doesnt bother me too much takes like 4-6 hours though which is rediculous that i even have to do it.
Player progression is completly broken so i just do it myself.Takes a lot of time but now with pretty much all the real players retired i just create 4 super teams in each league prior to a new season and play it out(i dont play all the games sim alot of them).I use to hate franchise mode never touched it for the first 5 months i had the game.My player mode really started getting boring so i started this and ended up goin this far with it.
All the glitches really used to bother me i was pulling my hair out too.But i found ways to get around alot of them.You just gotta regulate yourself its too easy if you let yourself trade the way the game is setup same with signing players.When signing players i always pay them based off what there rating/stats are relative to what the goin rate is in real life(increased a little because the teams payroll goes up every year 5mil).Trading i just make sure it is a trade that would actually happen,not trade 3 ok players for a HOFer.
I give you a ton of credit....and commend you for taking what you have in a game that you feel like you can enjoy and taking the time to do what you can to make it better. You sound like you saw what the problems were...saw what you could do to "fix/work around" them ....formulated a plan and put it into effect.
Bravo.

I wish more gamers were even remotely like you.
(and guys...please don't hit me with the "I paid $60 for this, it should work!"......I agree, but when guys figure out how things can be fixed...I have to commend that)

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »