Home

Player reincarnations in RTTS

This is a discussion on Player reincarnations in RTTS within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-31-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
Rookie

keymax's Arena

OVR: 3
Player reincarnations in RTTS

I'm now in 2018 in RTTS and almost every "real player" has retired or close to retire. But I think it would be more fun to face Halladay and Oswalt than a random pitcher(all of these guys are flamethrowers btw. this should be changed). So could it be possible to include an option that retired players reincarnate or players don't age at all?

How do you like that idea?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2010, 12:22 AM   #2
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Player reincarnations in RTTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by keymax
I'm now in 2018 in RTTS and almost every "real player" has retired or close to retire. But I think it would be more fun to face Halladay and Oswalt than a random pitcher(all of these guys are flamethrowers btw. this should be changed). So could it be possible to include an option that retired players reincarnate or players don't age at all?

How do you like that idea?
If it's an option it would be fine, but I don't think anybody would really use it.

If it really bothers you that much, just play more games per season.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #3
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

I would prefer to have the whole RTTS thing re-vamped. Let us choose if we want to start out as a rookie in the majors or a young draftee in the minors. Id also like to have some attributes already be bumped up to real life equvialents such as speed and arm strength be upped to real life equivalent and then work on the aspects of making those gifts better, such as you have a cannon of an arm but you have to work on your mechanics and accuracy to be a more complete player. I hate starting out as a weak armed turtle of a runner, its just not realistic.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
I would prefer to have the whole RTTS thing re-vamped. Let us choose if we want to start out as a rookie in the majors or a young draftee in the minors. Id also like to have some attributes already be bumped up to real life equvialents such as speed and arm strength be upped to real life equivalent and then work on the aspects of making those gifts better, such as you have a cannon of an arm but you have to work on your mechanics and accuracy to be a more complete player. I hate starting out as a weak armed turtle of a runner, its just not realistic.
I agree with the second part - you can only train "speed" or "rocket arm" to an extent. I'm sure Bo Jackson would have still been exceptionally fast if he never played pro sports.

As for the first, unless you are Ty Cobb (and i'm sure he did anyway)you should have to start in the minors. Removing the minors would be a huge step back. But i guess they could technically make that an option.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtkelly78
I agree with the second part - you can only train "speed" or "rocket arm" to an extent. I'm sure Bo Jackson would have still been exceptionally fast if he never played pro sports.

As for the first, unless you are Ty Cobb (and i'm sure he did anyway)you should have to start in the minors. Removing the minors would be a huge step back. But i guess they could technically make that an option.
he did say choose, its a personal preference for some. like myself, i would like to have the option to either play up through the minors or skip them and start out instantly in my rookie year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think any extra options can only be a good thing. It's not like they would be harming anybody to have them there. One of the key things that makes the show the best sports game around for me is that the level of customisation is amazing. Everyone is able to set the game up the way that makes it the most fun for them

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »