Home

Disappointing teams

This is a discussion on Disappointing teams within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Disappointing teams

Between the expectation and "talent" level, this is by far the most underachieving and disappointing Cowboys team I can remember. Has there ever been a team as disappointing as the 2010 edition of the Dallas Cowboys?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Disappointing teams

The Cowboys "talent" has been vastly overrated. As someone who bought into them winning the division this year, there's just not nearly as many elite players on that team as the Skip Baylesses of the world would have you think. Romo's a top 10 QB, Witten's a top 3 TE, Ware's the best 3-4 OLB out there, and Ratliff's a top 5 NT, but other than that, the cupboard's pretty empty. If that's the most talented team in the NFC, then that says a lot about how bad that conference is.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 20

Let's stop calling the Vikings and Cowboys talented. THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Let's stop calling the Vikings and Cowboys talented. THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE.
Did we let them off the hook?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 10-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

First off, RE the OP and topic: dissappointment...man, I'm a 9ers fan. I'm certainly no one to be casting aspirtions this year cuz talk about dissapointing year. Eesh.

I don't ever, in more than 20 years of following the 9ers, ever remember them looking this just plain out bad AND boring, on offense, defense and from the plays being called in from the sidelines. Bad and boring is just a lethal combination cuz it doesn't even making compelling to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS

Top 10 freak out for sure!

There's always a lot of hype around the Cowboys. I mean, "America's Team"? Most especially in a year when their very aggressive owner is hosting the Super Duper Bowl in his honking new Jerry World.

All of the ex-players that I see about what's happening to this season's Cowboys all say the same thing, who's the on field leader(s) on that team?

Vikings. Hey, you hitch your wagon to the Brett Favre express, you gets what you gets. A couple of injuries and a 40-something quarterback playing like a 40-something quarterback who looks like he really, really should have gone to camp and gone through pre-season reps. Also the Vikings D hasn't really shown up that I've seen so far this year.

"What I look forward to is continued immaturity followed by death"
-Dave Barry

Last edited by DaSmerg; 10-26-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: grammar, slammer, hammer, bammer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

New Orleans: The SB hangover...I thought they wouldn't fall to it but they have. It doesn't help that the loss of Reggie Bush has diminished what they can do on the offensive side of the ball.

Vikings: One Year Wonder...They had all the pieces in place last year. The talent level gelled together as one and some players played well above their expectations. This is who we thought they were. Brett Favre however has completely crippled their offensive philosophy. I fully expect the Vikes to have a bounce back year in 2011.

Niners: Good young teams often lose tough games but the way they're losing their games is just well, RIDICULOUS! I can't pin it all on Singletary's coaching but i'm afraid if the team doesn't see improvement next year he'll be gone by Week 8 2011.

Cowboys: Totally overrated, bad coach, meddling owner= A bad season

Chargers: Too many injuries have crippled them

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 10-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #7
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

disappointing team..I'm going with the Bengals with Chad and T.O. things were suppose to be looking up for this team.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 10-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #8
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I give the Saints a pass. Many didn't realize how important their running game has been. Bush's first year (with Duece back there with him) they were putting up fantasy numbers. The next year Bush and Duece are hurt throughout and their average. Last year Bush and Thomas go to work. This year Bush and Thomas have been out. Ivory had one good game but the Ivory/Betts/Julius Jones combination is only going to do so much. I believe Sharper's first game back was last week too.

I'd give the Chargers a bit of a pass too but whether right or wrong, they came into the season without Vincent Jackson and McNeil. Even the Matthews injury doesn't move me much bc they should've kept LT and worked Matthews in AND Tolbert has played pretty well with Matthews out. Most of their issues has been between the ears and on special teams anyway so I think they belong on the list here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »