Home

"You Say Wyoming, I Say Why Not Wyoming"

This is a discussion on "You Say Wyoming, I Say Why Not Wyoming" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 46
"You Say Wyoming, I Say Why Not Wyoming"

Extra credit if u can guess who said that line.

anyways, CF newbie here.
decided to head out to the big skys out west and picked Wyoming.
I liked the stadium, the fact that they werent that good and that its got that cowboy vibe.

I don t know any players on the team, but after downloading BLock-O's roster I am off and running and learning the guys.

After three games I am 2-1.
I was shocked i beat #3 Texas in Texas, 35-32, but got beat down the following week by #11 Boise State, 34-20.
Back to earth in full effect.

Austyn Carta Samuels is tearing up the first three games and My starting halfback got hurt in the opener and is out for the year.

In any event, are there any Cowboys out there using Wyoming?
I'd like to hear how its shaking out and hearing ur tips on Depth Chart and Recruiting.

thanks guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 06:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: "You Say Wyoming, I Say Why Not Wyoming"

I like to play as Wyoming, but i would play with Hawaii or SMU's playbook because Carta Samuels is not very fast.

Also, you should post dynasty updates here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ogress-82.html

This thread may get closed, don't worry, just repost this post in that thread and you'll be fine, i believe.

Also, good luck recruiting :P
Old 10-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba22plus
This thread may get closed, don't worry, just repost this post in that thread and you'll be fine, i believe.

Also, good luck recruiting :P
Ryan36 wouldn't be too happy with that.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Cornwallus's Arena

OVR: 1

Austyn Carta Samuels got some bogus ratings and they didn't even get his number right. He is a fast scrambling QB. You'd think the Mountain West freshman of the year would get more respect.

Oh well, as a Wyoming employee and fan, we are used to getting no respect or recognition. Until we get back to our winning ways and start to play Cowboy Tough, I don't see it happening.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:14 PM   #5
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornwallus
Austyn Carta Samuels got some bogus ratings and they didn't even get his number right. He is a fast scrambling QB. You'd think the Mountain West freshman of the year would get more respect.

Oh well, as a Wyoming employee and fan, we are used to getting no respect or recognition. Until we get back to our winning ways and start to play Cowboy Tough, I don't see it happening.
Maybe you can answer this question: How in the world did Wyoming get Texas to travel to Laramie? And I see Nebraska goes there next season, and I think Tennessee in the future.

I'm glad, though, because I'm a big fan of the Brown Dirt Cowboys. Too bad they don't have their alternate yellow uniforms in the game.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 11:23 PM   #6
Banned

Buffalo Gold's Arena

OVR: 2

Iowa guy here.Love the Pokes! I was out at War Memorial Stadium this summer. We stayed in Laramie one night before camping up in Medicine Bow. Great town, great people, Had to stay at the HOJO though do to all other hotels booked for frontier days. Scary place. lol

I am in a awesome Online dynasty with the boys. Carta Samuels is a very good QB. Adequate speed, a cannon, and I believe a 86 in accuracy. Not much behind him though, as Arizona St. transfer Dax Crum is very slow and painful to play with. Couple speedsters behind him, but there awareness and accuracy leave a lot to be desired.

The Gipson brothers are talented corners, and I occasionally bring Marcell Gipson in on certain offensive sets. Use him primarily on reverses, and as a slot receiver. He may touch the ball 3 to 4 times a game (as to not cheese, exploit his speed, against other MWC human opponents.)

Here's the problem guys, and would like your take on the following.
Week 9 Wyoming is 7-1 I lost Carta Samuels for the remainder of the year.
He had a rating of 192 (leading nation) top ten in yards, and 3rd in completion %. Have 3 user games left on the schedule, and am very nervous. The next best QB has a 16 point drop in accuracy, and yes I can extremely tell the difference in practice. Miller has 85 acc and 80 spd. The other fast QB has 80 acc, and 90 spd. I lost Bolger and Leonard my two top wr also. The thing is rb Alexander has been efficient, but it is tough to run out of all the shotgun sets. Wyoming has very few pich plays (only in goaline set) So I am really lost without our star quarterback. Do I play a more uptempo defense, and or become more conservative on offense?

Hoping to get the Cowboys up to a 3 star program next year. In closing, have fun with Christiansen's offense! No huddle! The WYO way...

Last edited by Buffalo Gold; 10-25-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:33 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Gold
Iowa guy here.Love the Pokes! I was out at War Memorial Stadium this summer. We stayed in Laramie one night before camping up in Medicine Bow. Great town, great people, Had to stay at the HOJO though do to all other hotels booked for frontier days. Scary place. lol

I am in a awesome Online dynasty with the boys. Carta Samuels is a very good QB. Adequate speed, a cannon, and I believe a 86 in accuracy. Not much behind him though, as Arizona St. transfer Dax Crum is very slow and painful to play with. Couple speedsters behind him, but there awareness and accuracy leave a lot to be desired.

The Gipson brothers are talented corners, and I occasionally bring Marcell Gipson in on certain offensive sets. Use him primarily on reverses, and as a slot receiver. He may touch the ball 3 to 4 times a game (as to not cheese, exploit his speed, against other MWC human opponents.)

Here's the problem guys, and would like your take on the following.
Week 9 Wyoming is 7-1 I lost Carta Samuels for the remainder of the year.
He had a rating of 192 (leading nation) top ten in yards, and 3rd in completion %. Have 3 user games left on the schedule, and am very nervous. The next best QB has a 16 point drop in accuracy, and yes I can extremely tell the difference in practice. Miller has 85 acc and 80 spd. The other fast QB has 80 acc, and 90 spd. I lost Bolger and Leonard my two top wr also. The thing is rb Alexander has been efficient, but it is tough to run out of all the shotgun sets. Wyoming has very few pich plays (only in goaline set) So I am really lost without our star quarterback. Do I play a more uptempo defense, and or become more conservative on offense?
You may want to use the Zone Read plays, if they have any. If you go in to practice mode and practice reading those plays, I have seen that they are extremely effective!
Old 10-30-2010, 11:44 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 46

also am i the only one whos names dont show up on the jerseys for the wyoming cowboys?

Last edited by econoodle; 10-30-2010 at 02:05 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »