Home

Franchise Mode and Rookie edits

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode and Rookie edits within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Franchise Mode and Rookie edits

Help please! New to the 2K forum had been wasting my money on Madden until I recently saw Youtube for 2K5 w/ updated rosters and was so thrilled. I have downloaded Convince's rosters and am loving playing this game again as I have been playing 2K since the first dreamcast game. However, I am a simulation geek and love to have the game as realistic as possible. Recently I was renaming the Rookie prospects an ran into the renaming limit. Due to my OCD I am having a hard time with drafting fictitious players. Is there any way around this limitation perhaps with Finns editor? I must also confess I have not figured out how to use it, I downloaded it from the 2K5rosters site and used the install application and it says it was successful bu I cant find it anywhere on my computer. I could use help on either or both of these issues if anyone was willing to lend a hand to a newbie. Thanks in advance!Shannon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2010, 05:36 PM   #2
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Franchise Mode and Rookie edits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vornoff
...Is there any way around this limitation perhaps with Finns editor? I must also confess I have not figured out how to use it, I downloaded it from the 2K5rosters site and used the install application and it says it was successful bu I cant find it anywhere on my computer...
Yeah you should be able to bypass the limitation with the editor. Just remember to select the name from the list rather than typing it in. If the name you want to use isn't there pick an unused name (one not already assigned to another player), and one with an asterisk next to it (if it doesn't have an asterisk you won't be able to overwrite it), and you should avoid any troubles with the file.

After installation the editor should be in your program files folder. Just create a shortcut to it, on your desktop or wherever.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks so much for the help now if I can only get the editor on my computer, I use windows 7.It is very strange The only file that shows is the startup launch to install the program on my computer, it comes up with 3 options 1)modify 2)repair 3) delete, when I try to launch I have gotten a message that it was successfully installed but it is nowhere to be found- only the install program. I also used the PS3 editor download as my Xbox 360 is currently on loan. Thanks again!
Old 10-23-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
Rookie

So finally got Finns editor on my old computer to work but I guess I cant edit my files as they are PSV format for PS3 is this correct? Any way to make this work or do I need to have an xbox to edit rosters and save them with Finn's? Thanks in advance!
Old 10-24-2010, 06:51 AM   #5
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm pretty sure it's Xbox only, but I might be wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #6
Rookie

Awesome, thanks so a guy at work is going to sell me his XBox original for $15 so in order to edit Convinces draft class and play a franchise I will need:

Xbox
Memory Card
The game
and...?
What type of Cable?
Action replay?

Someone please let me know what all I will need to download the roster, edit with Finn's editor and play in franchise mode, thanks in advance!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:01 PM   #7
MVP

dophin26's Arena

OVR: 19

You will need an action replay and as far as I know, it only works up to XP.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:21 PM   #8
Rookie

thanks there are several of these action replays which would I use for Xbox the 16 or 8 ? Also does this have the cable with memory card port to attach and download saves from my pc or is that something separate I need to buy? thanks guys!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »