Home

Tracy McGrady 2002-03 Ratings

This is a discussion on Tracy McGrady 2002-03 Ratings within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-22-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Tracy McGrady 2002-03 Ratings

Hi guys.

I want to make the 2002-2003 Orlando Magic with Tracy McGrady in his prime, scoring 32.1 ppg.

In your opinion, what should be his overall rating? 97 like 2010 Kobe, Wade e LBJ? Or maybe 95-96?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Tracy McGrady 2002-03 Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTMAC
Hi guys.

I want to make the 2002-2003 Orlando Magic with Tracy McGrady in his prime, scoring 32.1 ppg.

In your opinion, what should be his overall rating? 97 like 2010 Kobe, Wade e LBJ? Or maybe 95-96?
Statistically it was the greatest season of the modern era, considering it came in the toughest defensive era (post zone pre handcheck) his efficiency was absurd.

His post all-star #'s are so insane that I doubt you could replicate them in 2K (33-7-7 45% 40 3P% or something like that), that was the standard for perimeter play up until Bron/Wade recent season. The difference, Tmac did it with more skill with crappier players around him.

He was arguably the top player in the game and without a doubt the top wing in the game. Give him whatever Wade/Bron have now only make him a much better shooter but worse defender.

Damn thinking back that Tmac was a special player especially come playoff time because you truly got to appreciate his defense. I still remember him making Big Dog his lapdog though that wasnt 03 Tmac had lockdown ability whenever the matchup inspired him or when he didnt have to do everything.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I would give him a 94...maybe a 95.

His offense would obviously be off the charts...only a couple points off here and there for defense.

LIFE IS THE HELL YOU MAKE IT BABAY.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTMAC
Hi guys.

Why are you concerned with what his overall rating would be? Tendencies and individual ratings would be the main factor in his playing style and effectiveness.

His overall would probably end up somewhere around 90.

I made a CAP and gave him these ratings based on his stats that season.

Shot Inside: 88
Shot Close: 73
Shot Medium: 83
Shot 3pt: 84
FT: 79
Layup: 75
Dunk: 93
Ball Handle: 88
Ball Security: 94
Steal: 65
Block: 34
Off Reb: 44
Def Reb: 62
Off Awr: 95
Def Awr: 66
On Ball D: 67
Pass: 69

Tendencies

Shot Tendency: 99
Inside:34
Close: 11
Med: 30
3pt: 25
Touches: 90
Draw Foul: 88
Committ Foul: 38

Sim a season with those attributes and see what kind of numbers he gets.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

That layup is 75? Maybe his inside and layup rating is mixed up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Why are you concerned with what his overall rating would be? Tendencies and individual ratings would be the main factor in his playing style and effectiveness.

His overall would probably end up somewhere around 90.

I made a CAP and gave him these ratings based on his stats that season.

Shot Inside: 88
Shot Close: 73
Shot Medium: 83
Shot 3pt: 84
FT: 79
Layup: 75
Dunk: 93
Ball Handle: 88
Ball Security: 94
Steal: 65
Block: 34
Off Reb: 44
Def Reb: 62
Off Awr: 95
Def Awr: 66
On Ball D: 67
Pass: 69

Tendencies

Shot Tendency: 99
Inside:34
Close: 11
Med: 30
3pt: 25
Touches: 90
Draw Foul: 88
Committ Foul: 38

Sim a season with those attributes and see what kind of numbers he gets.
What stats did you base Midrange off of, what about passing seems kind of low for a guy with a microscopic badpass/turnover rate. His midrange game was elite in his decline days with Houston so how is it only 83 at his peak when he could simply rise over the top of even the best defenders.

His D is underrated as well.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronz
Statistically it was the greatest season of the modern era, considering it came in the toughest defensive era (post zone pre handcheck) his efficiency was absurd.

His post all-star #'s are so insane that I doubt you could replicate them in 2K (33-7-7 45% 40 3P% or something like that), that was the standard for perimeter play up until Bron/Wade recent season. The difference, Tmac did it with more skill with crappier players around him.

He was arguably the top player in the game and without a doubt the top wing in the game. Give him whatever Wade/Bron have now only make him a much better shooter but worse defender.

Damn thinking back that Tmac was a special player especially come playoff time because you truly got to appreciate his defense. I still remember him making Big Dog his lapdog though that wasnt 03 Tmac had lockdown ability whenever the matchup inspired him or when he didnt have to do everything.
Give him everything Wade and LeBron has besides the freakish and unseen strength and athleticism LeBron has, LeBron's strength and ability to get to the bucket is simply unrivaled by anyone in the history of the game. No disrespect to MJ, but LeBron's is simply better in that regard to the game, but MJ is and always will be the best ever. Anyways, I digress. T-Mac back then should be around a 94 in my opinion, but like a poster said above me it's not just about overall. I'm not going to go through each rating but the ratings the guy posted above is mostly accurate, though I would up his medium range shot and his layup to around 90 and around 85, respectively. Good luck.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:16 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronz
What stats did you base Midrange off of, what about passing seems kind of low for a guy with a microscopic badpass/turnover rate. His midrange game was elite in his decline days with Houston so how is it only 83 at his peak when he could simply rise over the top of even the best defenders.

His D is underrated as well.
I was attempting to generate accurate sim stats.

Higher ball security = less turnovers

Higher Off Awr = Higher FG%

SOD would affect how well he can pull up in game but has no effect on sim stats.

His D is about right IMO. Didn't use any scientific formula for the awareness ratings.

Too high of a pass rating would result in too many assists.

I'll run a simmed season when I get home and check his stats.

Last edited by threes_co; 10-22-2010 at 05:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »