Home

***Offical NBA 2k11 Tips Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Offical NBA 2k11 Tips Thread*** within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
***Offical NBA 2k11 Tips Thread***

This is way overdue. Lets please compile all our gamepaly tips and tricks of the trade here. Alot of people just want to actually learn the game, and they shouldnt have to filter through all the "broken this, broken that" to find it. So lets help our fellow gamers out!

Ill start with a couple of my own.

Use your lead passing to guide your team mates. Guys, this almost works TOO good…..You will get so many more open looks doing this. Tired of defenders jumping into your lanes? guide your team mate to open space by holding the L stick in the desired directon when you make your pass.

Try using the pass stick on fast breaks, it will make your life so much easier. The pass stick in general seems to lead to more contextual passes. Youll see more wrap around passes etc. like this… Check this pass to AK47….While on the break I pressed the stick straight forward leading AK to the Rim.

http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=2869027

Tired of all the defender bumping? Try some quick hitter moves….no turbo, no L stick….just switch to the opposite hand with momenteum and this can throw your defender off a great deal….if they anticipate it, just throw it right back to the other hand. And youll have them off balance. You actually get that “defender riding you” sequence a lot more without holding turbo down.

I would suggest laying off turbo in general…Turbo is best reserved for quick bursts of speed...like out of a triple threat or a face up….Turbo gets you a lot of that unwanted contact you get when using it at the wrong time…Whether that’s right or wrong, eh…but using it when you need it will get you much better results. Seems like 2k took a note from Live 10 with this one….(Was getting killed before I learned to stop holding turbo down)

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 10-19-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: ***Offical NBA 2k11 Tips Thread***

Good thread sir.

I'll definitely be checking this one out as there are quite a few moves I still have a hard time pulling off at least consistently.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Love the thread.

I would say when dribbling/trying to break your defender down, use their momentum against them. The properly timed crossover is deadly...get them going one way then burn them in the other direction.

Also, understand your team's personnel. If you have a strong, tall SG, put him in the post and make him go to work on smaller guards. Run plays for him down there as well. In fact, tweak your entire playbook more to your liking so you have at least 4-5 money plays you know by heart ready to go.

LIFE IS THE HELL YOU MAKE IT BABAY.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=2904390
Yep. Good example right here....simple cross, no LT, no turbo.....
Shouldve took it all the way though lol
Old 10-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #5
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

Run plays to your dominant hand.

What I mean is, when I run a play for Tony Parker, I get him the ball on the left side of the court, so he can drive with his right hand and be in position to finish away from the defender. With Ginobili (left hander) i give him the ball on the right.

Keeping your ballhandler balanced and using your dominant hand to drive and finish helps a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 10:31 PM   #6
Rookie

timboslice93's Arena

OVR: 0

Take advantage of momentum. If you make a few baskets in a row with a player his shooting ability will improve. Get that guy the ball whenever you can cause he will make shots on a regular basis that he normally wouldn't make very much. Also, use players like they play in real life. For instance, I play with the Bulls. I don't try to pull many shoot up 3's with Derrick Rose and I don't usually drive the lane with Kyle Korver. Derrick Rose is great at putting on the turbo and driving the lane but you don't really want him shooting spot up 3's. Kylve Korver is great at those spot up 3's from the corner but he's not great at slamming the ball down on guys.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #7
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Try using the pass stick on fast breaks, it will make your life so much easier. The pass stick in general seems to lead to more contextual passes. Youll see more wrap around passes etc. like this… Check this pass to AK47….While on the break I pressed the stick straight forward leading AK to the Rim.

http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=2869027

I actually get passes like this on the break just using A and the direction, fast breaks are very different this year and you can't make that early pass ahead like you use to be able to do in 2K games, you have to wait for the defender in the middle to fully commit and then you get bounce pass and wrap around animations like the one in that AK video.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #8
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Use your lead passing to guide your team mates. Guys, this almost works TOO good…..You will get so many more open looks doing this. Tired of defenders jumping into your lanes? guide your team mate to open space by holding the L stick in the desired directon when you make your pass.

1. How do you guide your teammate to the open space? By using the Off Ball Controls?

2. Using the pass stick is when you're holding LB and then using Right Analog to make your passes right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »