Home

Bumping and canimations

This is a discussion on Bumping and canimations within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-19-2010, 02:53 AM   #1
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Bumping and canimations

Has anyone found a way to remove the bumping? I know some people like it, and feel it's needed to prevent bad play online, or similar, but I cannot stand it.

Playing as the Raptors I was trying to D up Kobe with Derozan. He used a size up and but he bumped back in that looks like he just got punched in the face animation. He collected himself and tried again but this time he just stopped dead as my player magically got in his way without drawing a charge or commiting a foul himself. What's worse, is that I have on ball D set to 0, D awareness at 0 and contact turned to 0 (well 100 since the last roster update seemed to reverse the sliders) and I didn't even do anything with my controller...just held it in my hand.

That's not sim, that's horrible programming. Anyone know how to turn it off entirely?

Last edited by BegBy; 10-19-2010 at 02:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 03:00 AM   #2
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Bumping and canimations

Turn down the quickness too and that should get rid of all the bumping.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:15 AM   #3
Banned

BegBy's Arena

I have that at 0 and also vertical. It's an rng thing and was in hopes of a slider when set to 0 would remove it. I am at the point where I can't play anymore because I get magically sucked in or stopped by sub par players when I have position. Or the cpu has me dead to rights but then boom...he's in some dumb animation where I somehow 'bumped' him and as a result played amazing (legal) defense.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:54 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 19

Lower on-ball D... but if u have the latest roster update, then you shouldn't really be having a problem at all
Old 10-19-2010, 04:17 AM   #5
Banned

BegBy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
Lower on-ball D... but if u have the latest roster update, then you shouldn't really be having a problem at all

I can't lower it any less than 0. I do have the latest rosters also. Bumping just happens and magic defensive position (sliding and sticking to your man like glue) is a part of the game I guess. I was just hoping a slider combination would eliminate it, because I know it won't be fixed in a patch since it's the only way to stop guys who just spam iso moves online. It's unfortunate though, as it's so unrealistic, not to mention random.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 19

I disagree with you on a number of statements you've made...good luck tho
Old 10-19-2010, 09:24 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
Has anyone found a way to remove the bumping? I know some people like it, and feel it's needed to prevent bad play online, or similar, but I cannot stand it.

Playing as the Raptors I was trying to D up Kobe with Derozan. He used a size up and but he bumped back in that looks like he just got punched in the face animation. He collected himself and tried again but this time he just stopped dead as my player magically got in his way without drawing a charge or commiting a foul himself. What's worse, is that I have on ball D set to 0, D awareness at 0 and contact turned to 0 (well 100 since the last roster update seemed to reverse the sliders) and I didn't even do anything with my controller...just held it in my hand.

That's not sim, that's horrible programming. Anyone know how to turn it off entirely?
Lower the collisions slider and on the ball defense slider.

Quote:
but if u have the latest roster update, then you shouldn't really be having a problem at all
It seems that the game is back to normal now(wonderful thing).
Old 10-19-2010, 09:34 AM   #8
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
It seems that the game is back to normal now(wonderful thing).
Really? I'm still having the same problems with the 10/12 Roster (less contact, easier to dunk).

OK, when I started up the game just now and played a Quick Game, it seems that the game is back to normal...I don't know if it's a placebo affect after reading your post but it seems that it's really hard to get into the lane and dunk again, which is awesome!

I don't know what changed from last nite, I did not touch the sliders or settings but it does feel CONTACT is back! It could be my mind, but I believe it's the Server, cause I did not download anything (roster), after I booted up the game and log on to the 2K Servers the game felt like it felt when I first played it.

Last edited by tcnumba10; 10-19-2010 at 10:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »