Home

Freezing problem

This is a discussion on Freezing problem within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-19-2010, 01:52 AM   #1
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
Freezing problem

i have noticed that in association if you save a game and the go back and try to play it, the game at some point will lock up and freeze. its very annoying does anyone know a fix?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Freezing problem

I've been having the same problem. I saved a game in the middle of the 1st quarter and when I went back to the same game it frozed once i got good into the second quarter. I read where maybe you might that to download the game to your system. This may help!!!!!

I Am Lengend!!!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #3
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

havent seen this yet..hopefully i wont. does the game freeze up or do you have to power down after it freezes? if so it may be your system
Old 10-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #4
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickonasis
havent seen this yet..hopefully i wont. does the game freeze up or do you have to power down after it freezes? if so it may be your system
I know it isnt my xbox considering its the slim and i just bought it about a month ago

Old 10-19-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
Rookie

timbofry1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
I know it isnt my xbox considering its the slim and i just bought it about a month ago
My game is freezing on startup. Got the game on launch day for the 360 and played for a couple weeks with no issues. Then, starting on Sunday, the game is freezing on startup, when "loading files." I spoke to technical support on Sunday and they had me clear the cache in my XBox 360 memory and then delete any NBA 2K11 roster files from my memory and then try the game again. I was able to get in and play on Sunday, after doing this.

I did the same thing last night, deleted roster files, and was able to play last night too. But tonight, no dice. I again cleared cache and deleted roster files and the game is freezing in that same spot, when loading files on startup.

Called technical support again and they had nothing for me. They said it is a known issue and there will be a patch coming within a few days, hopefully. This couldn't suck any worse. The game is unplayable. I am really loving this game, but this is absurd!!! I've never had worse issues with a game. Ridiculous! To pay for this game and not be able to play at all right now is infuriating.

I know it's not my 360 either, as it's a new slim model and every other game I have works fine. Are others out there experiencing the same freezing issues on startup?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
Rookie

timbofry1's Arena

OVR: 2
Thumbs up Re: Freezing problem

Hi all.

I did come up with a resolution for my freezing on start up when "loading files." I had been making progress on the Jordan Challenge and didn't want to lose that progress, so I was hesitant to delete all my NBA 2K11 files in order to resolve my freezing issue. But last night I tried this...I copied all my backup files to a USB flash drive...basically removed all NBA 2K11 files from my XBox 360 hard drive. Then, I reinstalled the game from the disc, and then copied back my game save file from the USB. This worked like a charm. The game no longer freezes and I still had my Jordan Challenge progress saved. Perfect.

My guess is that a classic roster file that I downloaded from 2K Share was corrupt or something, so that's why my game was freezing when loading files. I definitely won't be downloading any classic files from 2K Share again until 2K comes out with a patch that will resolve this freeze issue. Just wanted to follow up to help out any others out there that have this freezing issue on start up when loading files...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbofry1
My game is freezing on startup. Got the game on launch day for the 360 and played for a couple weeks with no issues. Then, starting on Sunday, the game is freezing on startup, when "loading files." I spoke to technical support on Sunday and they had me clear the cache in my XBox 360 memory and then delete any NBA 2K11 roster files from my memory and then try the game again. I was able to get in and play on Sunday, after doing this.

I did the same thing last night, deleted roster files, and was able to play last night too. But tonight, no dice. I again cleared cache and deleted roster files and the game is freezing in that same spot, when loading files on startup.

Called technical support again and they had nothing for me. They said it is a known issue and there will be a patch coming within a few days, hopefully. This couldn't suck any worse. The game is unplayable. I am really loving this game, but this is absurd!!! I've never had worse issues with a game. Ridiculous! To pay for this game and not be able to play at all right now is infuriating.

I know it's not my 360 either, as it's a new slim model and every other game I have works fine. Are others out there experiencing the same freezing issues on startup?
Old 10-26-2010, 02:59 PM   #7
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

^^^^ Good post...i have mine going from a usb drive also but i had no clue that was the answer for you.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
i have noticed that in association if you save a game and the go back and try to play it, the game at some point will lock up and freeze. its very annoying does anyone know a fix?
Same here dude, my brother had the same problem twice. We didn't find any solution, the only way to keep the game from freezing (if you already have an Association save during a game) is to simulate through the end of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »