Home

Where is the scoring in NBA 2K11?

This is a discussion on Where is the scoring in NBA 2K11? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-18-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Where is the scoring in NBA 2K11?

Tell me why I look on my friends list on XBox menu screen and saw the score was 13-21 in the 3rd Quarter...What? Where is the scoring in NBA 2K11. I've played over a 50 gms on 2k11 and played the ones in the past and scoring has never been this TERRIBLE (in the Charles Barkley voice)! Now I'm playing with the Miami Heat avg 70 ppg...Yes, with the Big 3 on the team. The reason I'm playing with them is not to have an avantage because they are the best team, no it's because I'm a Chris Bosh fan been 1 since 2K7 and college! Now I have 7 things I would like to talk about!
  1. Ok, now on the old games you can shoot better make iso moves better, and that new iso stuff is OVERRATED! You can't make a move if the defender is constantly bumping you, but that's another thing! You can't get the man open long enough to have an open attempt, spot up or off the dribble.
  2. Off the dribble when you do have space before your able to shoot you do this Cha Cha slide type of move and then you shoot, but by that time you've shot the ball you just have moved yourself closer to another defender. Why can't you just go straight up and shoot. Carmelo Anthony has a pull up that I'm talking about if you guys ever watch him play.
  3. What ever happen to the 1 dribble quick pull up like the old games, not on this 1. Step back, LOL is very comical it's FOOOOORRRREEEVVVVVEEERRRR to pull this move off. Gameplay more realistic...what shooter or scorer you know does that step they have on the game?
  4. What ever happen to the fastbreak 3 pt pull up, not on this game you're gonna slide into a long 2 pt attempt, unless you try the animation of the shot as soon as you cross halfcourt.
  5. Now with the dribbling when you finally pull off an iso motion dribbling move you can't get the guy to go straight to the rim. Nope he have to do another dribble, a spin in place, or what about this 1 turn the wrong way and go 100 mph in the backcourt...or maybe it just happen to me.
  6. Pump fake, why is that even in the game? I've actually pumped fake a guy and when I preceded to dribble the guy was in the air in front of me until he hit the ground and got a steal! That happened more than 1 time to me so that's a glitche in the system.
  7. Last but not the least the help defense and passing lanes. Scene! Joakim Noah on the top left post if you're playing Broadcast view, Jermaine O'Neal and Rajon Rondo double teaming him. Taj Gibson on the bottom left short corner so I directional icon pass to make him cut to the rim. Passed the ball now again Jermaine O'Neal is in the double team, ball in the air he left Noah on 1 side of the paint hit the ball on the opposite side of the paint out of bounds when I had a WIDE OPEN DUNK! Howawhybadiedodat (Chris Tucker "Money Talks" get your movie game up)? There is no way physically a man can be on 1 side of the post the ball travels faster than the human body hit a pass that already left that side and hit the ball at the last minute on the other side of the post, but he did.
All of these things I've mention I feel is the reason the scoring has gone NBA Live 2007 down (the worse game known to mankind)! Unless, now if you're doing the hopstep or snowbirding (yes it's still in the game) is the only way you are going to put up points on this game. Glitching or cheating is not in may nature so those things I prefer not to do to have a scoring avantage. I pride myself off of shooting and just all-around skills. Oh yeah, the hopstep need to addressed in a patch because like the Red Sea in the paint area, if you don't believe it works I've seen it happen to me and it doesn't matter who you have! So I hope other people feel the same way I feel because I run and gun and shoot a lot of 3 pointers just want to see the scoring be a little smoother on and off the dribble!!! This is not crying or complaining just somethings I feel that were on the old game that made them better, THANK YOU!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Where is the scoring in NBA 2K11?

This is not a newspaper article or complaining in a better choice word, but a concern and opinion on why the scoring is so low on the game and want to hear other people opinions and not how the article is written!!!

Thanks

If you feel the same way pls comment
Old 10-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

You can adjust the level the CPU plays passing lanes, seems to work okay, I only have about 4-6 turnovers in a 12 min QTR game now. If I get more it's because I try and do a hard pass with a C or PF.

I don't really know anything about the shot/dribble stuff, not that big of a NBA/2K player.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:08 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

I'm assuming you're talking about offline? I don't know how long your quarters are but the series seems to have been set to get the best stats through full 12 minute quarters. It used to be you could get a decent score and stats w/5 minute quarters. Unfortunately, those days are gone. If you're playing online, its even worse. You're lucky to score 30 points a game. In my opinion, the series has failed in this regard. Not everyone enjoys playing with 12 minute quarters. Who has the time for that?

I don't think the problem is scoring. I play 8 minute quarters and score around 80 ppg. My field goal percentage is usually between 40-50% per game. Sometimes a little higher. If you are playing 12 minute quarters and are having these problems, I would think its just your game play.

Last edited by joel0078; 10-18-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #5
Rookie

TERRIBLE (in the Charles Barkley voice)

It's actually pronounced TRBL lmao

You gotta love that Chuck
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #6
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

Yeah, the game was definitely tuned for 12 minute quarters this year, which I actually like. I'm finding that the games aren't as long as one might expect. I can usually finish a game within an hour, unlike on TV where you have commercials and things like that, so a 48 minute game turns into a 2.5-3 hour event.

The lowest points I ever scored in a game was 69, but I typically average in the mid-90s for most games.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 10

Me too Mos1ted. I average 90-100 pts per game on 12 min quarters, on Pro Level.

So the game's fine. Sorry bigizzo, but I can't co-sign on a single issue you brought up.

I pump fake and if they leap up, I'm gone and dunking.

Seems like you're just not used to the controls yet. Which is understandable, there IS a learning curve. Have you spent much time in practice mode? I recommend you go to practice mode, and go through EACH move, learning how to do them.

Then, the next day, do it again.

I bet after that you won't have any problems.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:41 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

What difficulty are you playing at?

I'm running Allstar/Default and have gotten nearly perfect stats through 20+ games.

And lastly...

USE THE SLIDERS.

LIFE IS THE HELL YOU MAKE IT BABAY.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »