Home

Experiments to See If The Game Was Changed.

This is a discussion on Experiments to See If The Game Was Changed. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-17-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 19
Experiments to See If The Game Was Changed.

This is an experiment that anyone can, and I encourage to do to see if there is really a change that has gone on under the hood of 2k11 through a roster update. What we will be referencing is on-ball defense and passing lane aggressiveness ( on the perimeter at the very least).

FIRST EXPERIMENT

You must be pretty good at Isomotion to accurately conduct the initial experiment.

1st. Create an alternate profile that does not contain the latest roster update to be used as a based to compare the gameplay.

2nd. Choose the Celtics Vs. The Heat in practice mode/superstar/simulation on the profile w/o the update and attempt to get to the rim against LeBron with Pierce 10 times by only chaining two moves together. Document the number of times out of 10 you are *successful.

3rd. Do the same as above on the profile with the roster update and document the number of times u are *successful.

*successful is categorized as beating your man at the first level without him bumping you back and getting to the paint

My Analysis: In my attempts I was able to get to the rim 4/10 times without the roster update and 7/10 times with the update.

2nd EXPERIMENT

1st. As the Celtics, Take Rondo and pass the ball to both Ray and Paul 10 times on the perimeter without using icon-lead passing away from the defenders on the profile without the roster update and document how many times out of that ten that the pass got to the intended target.

2nd. Do the same as above with the profile with the roster update and document your findings

Both Lebron and Wade are ball hawks and by default are playing close endangering the passing lane, so this will be a good gauge as to whether the passing lane aggressiveness has been modified.

My Analysis: Without the update the pass only got to the Pierce 1/10 times and even then it got tipped. Not a single pass made it to Ray, 0/10 times. This makes sense considering how tight they played the passing lanes on the perimeter. With the Roster update the pass got there 8/10 times to both Paul and Ray.

DO YOUR OWN EXPERIMENTS AND POST THE RESULTS TO SEE IF WE CAN GET A UNDENIABLE ANSWER.

***Important Note- I was conducting my update with the second roster update because I was scared of the potential changes that might occur.

Last edited by Jesus; 10-17-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Experiments to See If The Game Was Changed.

1. There's no "secret patch" or any patch included in the roster updates.

2. The brain works in funny ways. Enough people tell you something is a certain way you're gonna start to think it's true. The placebo effect.

No testing is required.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 10-17-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus
This is an experiment that anyone can, and I encourage to do to see if there is really a change that has gone on under the hood of 2k11 through a roster update. What we will be referencing is on-ball defense and passing lane aggressiveness ( on the perimeter at the very least).

FIRST EXPERIMENT

You must be pretty good at Isomotion to accurately conduct the initial experiment.

1st. Create an alternate profile that does not contain the latest roster update to be used as a based to compare the gameplay.

2nd. Choose the Celtics Vs. The Heat in practice mode/superstar/simulation on the profile w/o the update and attempt to get to the rim against LeBron with Pierce 10 times by only chaining two moves together. Document the number of times out of 10 you are *successful.

3rd. Do the same as above on the profile with the roster update and document the number of times u are *successful.

*successful is categorized as beating your man at the first level without him bumping you back and getting to the paint

My Analysis: In my attempts I was able to get to the rim 4/10 times without the roster update and 7/10 times with the update.

2nd EXPERIMENT

1st. As the Celtics, Take Rondo and pass the ball to both Ray and Paul 10 times on the perimeter without using icon-lead passing away from the defenders on the profile without the roster update and document how many times out of that ten that the pass got to the intended target.

2nd. Do the same as above with the profile with the roster update and document your findings

Both Lebron and Wade are ball hawks and by default are playing close endangering the passing lane, so this will be a good gauge as to whether the passing lane aggressiveness has been modified.

My Analysis: Without the update the pass only got to the Pierce 1/10 times and even then it got tipped. Not a single pass made it to Ray, 0/10 times. This makes sense considering how tight they played the passing lanes on the perimeter. With the Roster update the pass got there 8/10 times to both Paul and Ray.

DO YOUR OWN EXPERIMENTS AND POST THE RESULTS TO SEE IF WE CAN GET A UNDENIABLE ANSWER.

***Important Note- I was conducting my update with the second roster update because I was scared of the potential changes that might occur.
did you check your slider?
Old 10-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 8

Still way too easy to dunk with LeBron or any skilled dunker. Not enough mid-air collisions occur and LeBron dunks 'through' the defenders. It's always been this way no matter the 2K Living Roster so far. Patch will probably fix this so more mid-air collisions occur when trying to dunk.

Playing on Simulation Superstar with default sliders/settings.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:26 PM   #5
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

I didn't go through the experiment but there's definitely something different about this game. I deleted all 2K related files from my HDD, downloaded the newest roster update on another gamertag and put the file on a flash drive. Switched to my main gamertag and started from scratch.

Saved my settings (game speed at 45), my sliders (simulation), and saved the new rosters to the HDD, oh and I wasn't connected to Live based on the theory that maybe the issue is server side with 2K tweaking the game?

Ok...started a new My Player, and the game felt like it was on Sim with game speed at 45. I liked what I was seeing. Then about 10 mins ago I fire up the game again, check my settings and sliders to make sure everything is fine--they are, and load My Player. Everything is fast and twitchy. Still not connected to Live. I exit that combine game, go to the mode options and it's still on All-Star and Simulation...I hit "play next game" again....fast and twitchy.

I noticed the difference right away. It's very very weird because I'm not even connected to Live. Now this is obviously only My Player (which I'm playing until the community rosters are done) but this issue is most certainly real. With the game being faster and twitchier (kind of floaty and less deliberate) it is making it easier to get into the paint but it's by no means an NBA Jam experience.

Gonna try a Quick Game in a min to see if it's the same thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2010, 08:45 PM   #6
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

So far Quick Game is playing to the way the settings/sliders combo would suggest.

I can't explain the My Player issue, but it seems like the game is playing the way it did at launch for me....at least in 5v5 games. Maybe there's something to the theory that being connected to Live has an effect on things.

I'm too scared connect to Live while on 2K11 now, lol. Maybe someone who's already playing the game with a Live connection can try playing a quarter with a Live connection and then backup all of their 2K files if they're important to them (save the latest roster), then delete the files from your HDD and start 2K11 from scratch while disconnected from Live. Move the rosters to your HDD and see how the game plays. Compare the two and let us know what you see.
Old 10-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #7
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

I think the lead passing toward the basket has been increased. It is much easier now than it was during week 1
Old 10-17-2010, 09:29 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
I think the lead passing toward the basket has been increased. It is much easier now than it was during week 1
I agree. Some of the passes before would've been tipped on Simulation no matter the difficulty. Now on Simulation Superstar I can make some lead passes that could've only been made in ****** Game Style.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »