Home

The CPU is Godly on this game..

This is a discussion on The CPU is Godly on this game.. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 01:54 AM   #1
Rookie

aga11ah's Arena

OVR: 5
The CPU is Godly on this game..

seriously. what's with this game? if you play the CPU on a higher level, it's the equivalent of playing against a CPU in chess. the cheating is ridiculous, the CPU plays like the '92 dream team.

I can win online against REAL people.. much easier than facing the CPU on 2k11. and honestly it has nothing to do with ball movement, because if you try to pass the ball too much.. the CPU is gonna steal it every time and you will end up with 20 turnovers and they will fastbreak on each and every one..

is Pro seriously the only level on 2k11 that isn't rigged? I see no difference at all between all-star, superstar, and HOF... they are the same. the CPU never misses on any of them.

"sim" means the CPU shoots 60% every game? really?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2010, 02:01 AM   #2
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The CPU is Godly on this game..

it's a great game but the steals and high fg% is pretty ridiculous. It seems that every one of your easy shots rim out but when they try the same shot it sinks every time.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:03 AM   #3
Rookie

aga11ah's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
it's a great game but the steals and high fg% is pretty ridiculous. It seems that every one of your easy shots rim out but when they try the same shot it sinks every time.
greivis vasquez scored 19 pts in 1 quarter for the CPU one time. almost took my game out of my PS3 and snapped it into. it took a ton of restraint not to.

Last edited by aga11ah; 10-16-2010 at 02:08 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:22 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's crazy how a roster update can change so much. I went from 40%-45% shooting games both sides to 50-60% on CPU side to 45-50% user side. Pass defense was a little excessive, but it was actually more realistic than people think.

Passing lanes are more open, CPU is unstoppable no matter who is guarding them. People may say as long as shooting percentages are at a certain % then everything is fine, but I don't agree. It's no fault of the dev team, they are only listening to the complaints which users are prematurely providing.

The gameplay has taken a turn for the worst IMO since release. I'm starting to side with the guy who had the post asking is operationsports.com going to ruin NBA 2K11. I appreciate the devs for listening to the community, but also listen to guys like Czar who are veterans and don't have knee jerk reactions saying that something is too hard just because it is different.

/rant I guess. . . .
Old 10-16-2010, 02:32 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

i thought i was the only one that seen this stuff happen in he game. But i almost broke my controller cause green from the thunder was looking like kobe. It was insane all the shots he was hitting and all the easly shots i was missing and whats up with all the dunks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2010, 02:34 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

They need to stop allowing the CPU to do things that the user can't do. The CPU full court cheese passes at least 5 times a game. They can make shots through what should be a block. They can accurately pass out of shots every time, it looks so stupid when a PG goes up for a shot and then does a behind the back pass while in the air.

The CPU sticks it's arms out knocking down passes all game but my teammates just stands still spectating.

I'm constantly messing with the sliders trying to find a setting where it's not too easy but I can lose without the game cheating and I am not having much luck.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:55 AM   #7
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

i miss a lot of open look, perfect release shots. and i'm not sure if it's because i didn't call a play or because the cpu thinks i shot it too early. but it sure is frustrating. and i hate how often the cpu makes a well contested shot. also, the cpu's god-like ability to cherry pick is absolutely ridiculous.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:59 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
i miss a lot of open look, perfect release shots. and i'm not sure if it's because i didn't call a play or because the cpu thinks i shot it too early. but it sure is frustrating. and i hate how often the cpu makes a well contested shot. also, the cpu's god-like ability to cherry pick is absolutely ridiculous.
what's even more frustrating is when you put yourself in position to stop the cherry picking and this happens:

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »